Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 6 [show spoilers]

Seneti

If this wasn't included in the show i am going to cry myself to sleep that night

I'm 100% sure it will,

- You basically need Jon, Janos, Edd, Stannis and Longclaw (exist still all, all at the same place)

- Jon needs a moment to "kill the boy and let the man be born" and to assure his position, the moment/scene is not only iconic, it's perfect to show this

- Edd is still alive (while e.g. Pyp and Grenn died)

- Stannis already showed some respect for and interest in Jon's opinion in the finale

- And Janos is a total **I don't know a fitting word in English, but y'know what I mean** on the show, too (and was shown as a bloody coward in 4x09)

- They (the HBO channel) could use their weekly videos with the important stuff from old episodes for the newest episode (what's again the name for these videos?!) to show again e.g.:

-> Ned himself beheading a deserter with Ice (or his explanation for this to Bran)

-> Janos' role in Ned's imprisonment

-> Tyrion's reasons for banning Janos to the NW ("I'm not questioning your honor, Lord Janos. I'm denying its existence.")

There isn't really any reason to not include it.

Sad Grenn and Pyp are gone. I liked Grenn.

Yeah, it was really sad :crying: But giving Donal Noye's action and death to Grenn made a really powerful scene, I have to say!

(Jon's & Mance's "Grenn and Mag. Mag and Grenn" scene in the finale was also very well done, IMO)

Regarding Carice's newest tweet: Poor actors and actresses, filming at 4:10 am (in late-November *shiver*)... Dave Hill already talked in the past also about filming at 1 am... No wonder with the whole "The night is dark and full of terrors" and the Night's Watch... Hopefully she has some hot fires to dispel the cold, or as Mel says "I have my faith to warm me" ❤️🔥

When was this published? After last season? If so I think that would significantly increase my expectations of a future Euron appearance.

Nah, already in September 2012 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008SBBHZ0/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1417220162&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40)

It's about Season 1 & 2, so it was published after S2.

Jon - a scroll with a pink smear

Theon - snow falling around a weirwood

Yara - shackles

Tyrion - a small boat? shackles?

Dany - shot of Daznak

Brienne - a cave (assuming she meets LSH)

Cersei - a tattered cloth cloak with a seven pointed star

Davos - a cell or a shot of an empty spike on city walls (assuming Manderly)

Myrcella - the silhouette of a man on a horse (Darkstar)

Jaime - a shot of Sunspear? picture of the sand snakes?

Sam - the Citadel?

Sansa - (your guess is as good as mine)

Brienne- We could just see a dark hood and no face.

Cersei- a cell?

Sansa- I was thinking a maidens cloak? or something related to Harry the heir. Maybe a betrothal document... or what I would like to see if he is in would maybe be some hands that are obviously not littlefingers. Or it could always be Robin

Myrcella- I'm not sure if Darkstar will be in... If she gets a teaser trailer I could see it maybe being a flash of Trystane in the water gardens or something? Or audio of Trystane maybe?

Everything else I loveeeee :)

I've linked a very interesting ASOIAF reddit in the WOTW comments. Although normally it's hard to see reports that say "my friend is an extra and saw ______________ being filmed" as at all trustworthy, this same poster (named RhaegarShmaegar) was the one who first told us (in the summer of 2013 IIRC) about the Craster's ranging, even down to the Mormont's skull detail.

You can read what the guy says y'all selves, but in short...the Night's King will be at Hardhome. Given the bit of info about the Wildling Wight actor being in ep. 508 that I posted here a few days ago, my guess is that's when in s5 this Hardhome sequence will feature. So, to trot out a tired phrase used to often by this fandom, "get hype".

It's possible that despite the poster's past credibility that he could be wrong about this...but it sounds like something lovely to include in the season.

I've linked a very interesting ASOIAF reddit in the WOTW comments. Although normally it's hard to see reports that say "my friend is an extra and saw ______________ being filmed" as at all trustworthy, this same poster (named RhaegarShmaegar) was the one who first told us (in the summer of 2013 IIRC) about the Craster's ranging, even down to the Mormont's skull detail.

You can read what the guy says y'all selves, but in short...the Night's King will be at Hardhome. Given the bit of info about the Wildling Wight actor being in ep. 508 that I posted here a few days ago, my guess is that's when in s5 this Hardhome sequence will feature. So, to trot out a tired phrase used to often by this fandom, "get hype".

It's possible that despite the poster's past credibility that he could be wrong about this...but it sounds like something lovely to include in the season.

EDIT:

Goddamn it, looks like the mods at ASOIAF reddit took down the page, so my link in the WOTW comments won't work anymore, I guess.

This makes me feel a bit more confident in my random predictions post. I don't think we'll get the ides this season.

Also can you post the link here please. I can't click the link on wotw from my mobile.

I'm 100% sure it will,

- You basically need Jon, Janos, Edd, Stannis and Longclaw (exist still all, all at the same place)

- Jon needs a moment to "kill the boy and let the man be born" and to assure his position, the moment/scene is not only iconic, it's perfect to show this

- Edd is still alive (while e.g. Pyp and Grenn died)

- Stannis already showed some respect for and interest in Jon's opinion in the finale

- And Janos is a total **I don't know a fitting word in English, but y'know what I mean** on the show, too (and was shown as a bloody coward in 4x09)

- They (the HBO channel) could use their weekly videos with the important stuff from old episodes for the newest episode (what's again the name for these videos?!) to show again e.g.:

-> Ned himself beheading a deserter with Ice (or his explanation for this to Bran)

-> Janos' role in Ned's imprisonment

-> Tyrion's reasons for banning Janos to the NW ("I'm not questioning your honor, Lord Janos. I'm denying its existence.")

There isn't really any reason to not include it.

Yeah i guess you are right. They wouldn't have bothered to send to the wall if this wasn't going to happen they would have killed him in any way.

Slynt is such a turd. The actor is great. Not much screentime but everytime you see him you think "Ugh, this guy". And I think the beheading could be even better on the show because there could be a close up of his face when we realises what Jon is going to do... Incredulous that it has come to this, fear etc

(I'll never stop being in love with the casting on this show, right down to the smallest role)

That moment will make good TV for sure. I'm sure that Janos will be a real prick during the election and I bet the show will bring up that he was involved in Ned's downfall because it would be good for Unsullied to have that on their minds when shit goes down.

BTW stannisismyking, I've started watching the Tunnel. Stannis with a vasectomy is a cool guy.

Wasn't it reported that Dany will have a beheading-scene, too? In ep. 4, IIRC, and Daario will behead a slave(? Or was it a slaver?) for her, and then there's massive turmoil and riot after it?

Could it be in the same episode as "Edd, fetch me a block" (which will probably happen in either 3 or 4... or is 4 already too late)?

Do they want to mirroring something with that, like, eh... Both -Jon & Dany- have to assure and reinforce their new powerful positions, and so even execute people among their own company (can't remember if it was an ex-slave or slaver) if necessary, but while Jon earns some respect and approval and cements his position as LC, Dany gets tumult and disagreement... But in the end, it's Jon who gets stabbed by his own brothers, and Dany's inner circle stays loyal to her - or something like that? :dunno:

And Daario gets stabbed as well? :dunno:

Archived