Identify your hometown by Westerosi location, city, castle etc.

Salafi Stannis

I dunno, can't really think of an area in Westeros similar to Auckland. Riverlands is probably closest

Just thinking about it though, the geography of Auckland sort of matches into Valyria, what with the being built on 50-something volcanoes. Admittedly the Valyrian area is probably 10 times larger than Auckland.

Well, my hometown is a city since the last 3200 years.

But has been inhabited - small settlement, village, town and, later, city - since the last 200000 years.

Megalithic structures that are about 6000 years old.

Ruins from pre-classic and classic antiquity.

It has an university from the XIII century.

Cathedral from the XII century, plus a crapload of other churches.

Walls (only a fraction of the previous three walled circuits, being the best preserved the older and smaller).

Castle, inside the city, with two walled circuits that was never been stormed by the enemies.

Ancient seat of a kingdom and of a former global empire.

Academic, commercial, financial and economical hub and tourism center.

Foreigners seem to love our food, wine and pastry.

Not too hot in the Summer, neither too cold in the Winter.

Next to a great river and the sea and over seven hills.

What place in the world of ASOIAF is similar to mine hometown?

Well, my hometown is a city since the last 3200 years.

[...]

What place in the world of ASOIAF is similar to mine hometown?

Rome? Paris? Some other city? Whichever it is I'd say King's Landing. Metropolitan power centre with trade, Religion and political power. Only thing that doesn't fit is that KL is a very new city, but you can't get a perfect fit anyway. Oldtown is old and cultured but not as politically powerful.

For myself, some relatively big town at the coast in the relatively southern parts of the North. I couyld say White Harbor but that is not a very old place which my homecity is, and it is focused on trade while my homecity is mostly known for its old university. Perhaps Barrowton, since we do have ancient burial mounds in the oldest part of the city. You can't fit everything after all.

Rome? Paris? Some other city? Whichever it is I'd say King's Landing. Metropolitan power centre with trade, Religion and political power. Only thing that doesn't fit is that KL is a very new city, but you can't get a perfect fit anyway. Oldtown is old and cultured but not as politically powerful.

Thnaks for your answer.

Probably KL indeed.

Archived