Moon of Three Kings

Jaak

Borros got the promise that Aegon II would marry one of his daughters. Stormlands section. I guess this promise was made after Borros retook KL, and should take place after Borros had defeated the hosts of the Lads and of Lord Cregan Stark (which he did not).

Thinking about that: I'm inclined to believe that Corlys Velaryon did not truly defect to Aegon II. Rather did Aegon II force him to support him because he had both Aegon the Younger and Baela in his custody.

Borros got the promise that Aegon II would marry one of his daughters. Stormlands section. I guess this promise was made after Borros retook KL, and should take place after Borros had defeated the hosts of the Lads and of Lord Cregan Stark (which he did not).

Thinking about that: I'm inclined to believe that Corlys Velaryon did not truly defect to Aegon II. Rather did Aegon II force him to support him because he had both Aegon the Younger and Baela in his custody.

Definitely agree with this. Baela in particular, as she is his granddaughter...it may even be why she was so involved in getting him pardoned. And from what we do know of him, Corlys was a shrewd man. He would understand that he had to play a certain role if he wanted to achieve anything significant for the Blacks.

Aegon II had lost a lot of his supporters and councillors by the time of his return so pardoning a condemned Corlys has its benefits to help restabilise the realm.

I've just had a thought. Where was Blackfyre during all this?

Is that possibly another reason why Trystane was dubbed Truefyre? Because he had the 'fyre sword?

I doubt it. If it was in the Red Keep, Rhaenyra would have taken it with her when she fled. If not for its significane in terms of "the King's sword" then at least for its monetary value, considering how broke she was. If it wasn't in the Red Keep, then presumably it went with Aegon II to Dragonstone when Larys Strong smuggled it out. I can't imagine either of them just leaving it. (And Rhaenyra and the Blacks did have a whole night to prepare for their departure)

(note that Ser Perkin, the man who made Trystane king, ended up at Aegon's court and was, apparently, involved in the plot to murder him).

I must have missed that part. Aegon had Trystane killed I wonder why he spared Ser Perkin. I remember something about him taking the black.

Another obvious problem:

When Ser Torrhen Manderly led his northmen down the Hook, they found Fishermonger's Square and River Row swarming with Ser Perkin's gutter knights. At the River Gate, "King" Trystane's ragged banner flew above the battlements, whilst the bodies of the captain and three of his Serjeants hung from the gatehouse. The remainder of the "Mudfoot" garrison had gone over to Ser Perkin. Ser Torrhen lost a quarter of his men fighting his way back to the Red Keep…

Where were those surviving three-quarters when Ser Torrhen fled with Rhaenyra?

The Manderly's returned to White Harbor by ship, didn't flee with Rhaenyra, they tried convincing her to come with them.

They did, as far as Duskendale:

Rhaenyra and a small band of followers slipped out through the Dragon Gate, intending to make their way up the coast to Duskendale. With her rode the brothers Manderly, four surviving Queensguard, Ser Balon Byrch and twenty gold cloaks, four of the queen's ladies-in-waiting, and her last surviving son, Aegon the Younger.

Then where were the three-fourth of Manderly northmen?

Archived