Potential Great Movies, Books, etc. based on TWOIAF material

Aegon's Conquest

The Dance of Dragons

Robert's Rebellion (maybe even include the Ironborn Rebellion)

These three should be animation series, 2 seasons each. Give one to Japanese animation, one to 3D, one to western animation.

For feature films... The Nymeria Triology sounds epic, yes please. :bowdown: :drool:

The Night's King would also make a pretty awesome single movie.

Give one to Japanese animation, one to 3D, one to western animation.

I think if they remade the entire series using animation it would be amazing. Since the very first book I have always felt that the best way to truly show the scope and epicness of the world would be to make it an animated series for mature audiences. After seeing the artwork in the world book my initial suspicions were confirmed. The HBO series does a good job of using live actors and real world locations to portray westeros. However the moment I saw dragonstone, the iron throne, riverrrun, casterly rock etc. I knew that HBO was only scratching the surface of George's work. And that the true vision is far more epic and is virtually impossible to accurately portray using live action.

I would be willing to pay $60 or more per book, for a true telling, as long as they followed the books precisely. That's what I have always wanted to see.

Lol, HBO has done an amazing job XD That's sarcasm right?

Even if they had made a good version of the story, the Rebellion would still be boring. You would need to recast Ned Stark, Bobby B, etc. because they are 30 years to old for the role. Furthermore, making a movie about the superrelevant backstory would reduce the mystery to zero. It would taint the main series as it would spell everything out. No more mystery, no more room for interpretation. It just isn't a good idea. Especially when you look at the ton of other great stories you can pull from this world. The D&E tales for instance, but there are many more possibilities.

Given the vastness of the world and story, yes, I do believe that they have done an amazing job. Do you think anyone could have done it better? Peter Jackson? Hardly. Yes, the story has varied and even now I consider them to be two separate entities, but then they are two very different mediums. But of course, that's another arguement for another day.

I think most of the back story is going to be spelt out to us in the next two books anyway. I think we'll find out what went down at the Harrenhall Tourney, what the exact nature of Rhaegar and the Mad Kings relationship was, all background to RR. And then to see the battles played out, that would be brilliant. But you know, that's just my opinion and all.

Given the vastness of the world and story, yes, I do believe that they have done an amazing job. Do you think anyone could have done it better? Peter Jackson? Hardly. Yes, the story has varied and even now I consider them to be two separate entities, but then they are two very different mediums. But of course, that's another arguement for another day.

Lol, PJ proofed that he wasn't capable the minute he released the first Hobbit. LOTR was a lucky strike I guess. But yeah, there are more than enough people who could have done it better. Smart inventive writers, like those who made the great HBO shows of ages past.

I love D&E, so a miniseries about their adventures would be a dream come true. Also, the more limited scope of their stories may made for better TV than GoT, if they get the tone right.

Besides this, the Conquest and the Dance are unfilmable without a blockbuster budget, Robert's Rebellion does not stand on its own. So perhaps I'd go with the War of the Ninepenny Kings, with young Barristan as the protagonist.

I would say the obvious is the Dance of the Dragons event is the more obvious one IMO. Hightowers can play a big role within the story which would be very interesting indeed. Also having a strong female character like Rhaenyra Targaryen. This was a woman that was more capable in terms of politics then Cersei Lannister ever was at that point even if she lost the war ( well not really she won thru her son Aegon III Dragonbane.

I would say the obvious is the Dance of the Dragons event is the more obvious one IMO. Hightowers can play a big role within the story which would be very interesting indeed. Also having a strong female character like Rhaenyra Targaryen. This was a woman that was more capable in terms of politics then Cersei Lannister ever was at that point even if she lost the war ( well not really she won thru her son Aegon III Dragonbane.

Rhaenyra was an awful politician she poisoned her own rule if you remember and lost kl to rioters brought about by her actions. Then she got eaten and her son won no war the tully stark and Arryn forces beat the baratheons and aegon was poisoned literally the targeryans played no role

Basilisk Isles at their worst, with none of the misty-eyed young pirates or slaves as POVs, only worst pirates, slavers and sorceress trampling each other and everybody else in pursuit of their sick goals. Real no holds barred dark fantasy at it's finest.

Rhaenyra was an awful politician she poisoned her own rule if you remember and lost kl to rioters brought about by her actions. Then she got eaten and her son won no war the tully stark and Arryn forces beat the baratheons and aegon was poisoned literally the targeryans played no role

If we're talking books about strong female leaders in setting - one can't go wrong with Nymeria and the journey of the Thousand Ships. Incorporate the strange travel-wonders of stories like the Odyssey, but with the desperately fighting for a civilization's survival on the run element of 2004 Battlestar Galactica, with strong Moses in the Desert undertones.

The First (so you're pitching Dunk & Egg)?

Or the Mad King?

I was talking about Aerys the second. We'd get to see the Tragedy at Summerhal, the storm that killed the Baratheon parents, the defiance, the tourney and Robert's Rebellion. I like D&E as well, but to me they are not as intriguing as the events listed above.

I was talking about Aerys the second. We'd get to see the Tragedy at Summerhal, the storm that killed the Baratheon parents, the defiance, the tourney and Robert's Rebellion. I like D&E as well, but to me they are not as intriguing as the events listed above.

Well Summerhall was before his reign, unless you're suggesting his life under the reign of his father Jaehaerys II be included as well (as that began with the Tradegy at Summerhall).

I'm inclined to agree with GRRM that the events you're referring to are so interwoven with the events of ASoI&F that retelling them as their own story would actually be redundant at this point. The only twists they have left are things that are being held as reveals for ASoI&F.

Well Summerhall was before his reign, unless you're suggesting his life under the reign of his father Jaehaerys II be included as well (as that began with the Tradegy at Summerhall).

I'm inclined to agree with GRRM that the events you're referring to are so interwoven with the events of ASoI&F that retelling them as their own story would actually be redundant at this point. The only twists they have left are things that are being held as reveals for ASoI&F.

Even outside that time range, what sort of director starts a movie about a king with no background on how his heir was born?

I agree that some of it will most likely be revealed in the next books, but I doubt that it will be detailed. Generally I'm interested in small facts and not the story overall.

Archived