Poll Results - Ranking the Books of ASOIAF

Bustard

I was just trying to be supportive of a book I care about. But yeah, in hindsight my post does seem pretty retarded.

I was just kidding man, I get where you're coming from :lol:

Question, do you enjoy almost every chapter of AFFC? Cause the reason I have it ranked low is while it has several of my favourite chapters (Jaime, Dorne), it also has several chapters I utterly despised (Brienne, many Cersei chapters after a while).

I was just kidding man, I get where you're coming from :lol:

Question, do you enjoy almost every chapter of AFFC? Cause the reason I have it ranked low is while it has several of my favourite chapters (Jaime, Dorne), it also has several chapters I utterly despised (Brienne, many Cersei chapters after a while).

I dislike Brienne's chapters a little, but I love everything else. Especially the fact that there is no Daenerys.

Wtf is wrong with AFFC

It's the first book to split up the POV's, plus it has a ton of divisive chapters. Many think Cersei's chapters are great but that there's too many of them, Brienne's chapters seem to really be love it or hate it, the Greyjoy chapters often get a ton of hate on this forum, same for the Dorne chapters, if you're a fan of Jon Snow, Arya, Tyrion or Danaerys you are fucked and the book almost entirely ignores the North.

It's the first book to split up the POV's, plus it has a ton of divisive chapters. Many think Cersei's chapters are great but that there's too many of them, Brienne's chapters seem to really be love it or hate it, the Greyjoy chapters often get a ton of hate on this forum, same for the Dorne chapters, if you're a fan of Jon Snow, Arya, Tyrion or Danaerys you are fucked and the book almost entirely ignores the North.

Arya is in AFFC. She may have just three chapters, but they're very substantial (same as Sansa, and nobody ever said that AFFC is bad for Sansa fans; and same as Bran in ADWD, and no one ever said that ADWD is bad for Bran fans).

Arya is in AFFC. She may have just three chapters, but they're very substantial (same as Sansa, and nobody ever said that AFFC is bad for Sansa fans; and same as Bran in ADWD, and no one ever said that ADWD is bad for Bran fans).

I forgot about Arya's chapters. I never said anything about Sansa or Bran so your bringing this up seems quite pointless to me.

I forgot about Arya's chapters. I never said anything about Sansa or Bran so your bringing this up seems quite pointless to me.

That was in case you thought three chapters was too little. But come to think of it, I could have also used Davos as an example, he only had three POV chapters in Clash.

That was in case you thought three chapters was too little. But come to think of it, I could have also used Davos as an example, he only had three POV chapters in Clash.

Nah I don't think 3 is too little. You bring up a good point with Davos, he didn't have many chapters but they were some of my favourites of Clash. And quite frankly I think too many chapters can work against you.

At the start I loved the Cersei chapters, but at a certain point I just felt like enough was enough.

Archived