Theon Greyjoy is not gay/bisexual

INCBlackbird

Theon has feminine traits? What a bunch of block headed anvil brains. And if you think dressing in nice clothes is what it takes to make a gay man, then you are almost certainly quite clearly building walls around an insecurity that is hiding something. Almost probably, you're completely gay. Frankly, I could see Victarion as being a homosexual more than Theon, just to give you an idea. Why? Because Victarion is so convinced how things should be, that he is clearly afraid of the truth. And what truth is that? What doesn't he want to admit? It is clearly something he is afraid of. So why is he afraid? Because he believes it is wrong. I'd wager Martin thinks of Victarion as a total homo in denial. And that is what I am seeing a lot in this thread. But Theon, he's just a guy who likes to dress decently, for the sake of the gods...

• 3 weeks later...

Theon's "obsession" with being well dressed isn't a feminine thing, it's a nobility thing. Most of the nobles in Westeros dress extravagantly. Even in the more subdued north they like a bit of bling. It's only in the Iron Islands where it's seen as inappropriate. This wasn't to hint at Theon being feminine but to show how ill-fitted he is to Ironborn culture.

Theon's "obsession" with being well dressed isn't a feminine thing, it's a nobility thing. Most of the nobles in Westeros dress extravagantly. Even in the more subdued north they like a bit of bling. It's only in the Iron Islands where it's seen as inappropriate. This wasn't to hint at Theon being feminine but to show how ill-fitted he is to Ironborn culture.

then why is there no character that is as obsessed with their clothes as Theon is? if it's just a normal high born thing... I mean he dresses according to his mood, when he thinks about joing the night's watch his first thought is "do I have enough black clothes?" when he thinks he's about to die he's like "if i'm gonna die, I gotta wash up cause there's no way my hair will look like this when I go down"

then why is there no character that is as obsessed with their clothes as Theon is? if it's just a normal high born thing... I mean he dresses according to his mood, when he thinks about joing the night's watch his first thought is "do I have enough black clothes?" when he thinks he's about to die he's like "if i'm gonna die, I gotta wash up cause there's no way my hair will look like this when I go down"

I think it's a way to show him how different he has grown to be from his family. Or could be compensation, a way to prove he's not some hostage but he's noble.

:lol: I like the pairing. And I liked them both, but I never considered them to be gay in canon, specially after Tonks. I can see why some assumed it, though. Even Cuaron and Thewlis made Remus gay in the movie.

Lol yeah this is pretty much my feeling. I ship it, but I doubt the ~subtext~ was intentional on JKR's part.

Ugh all this reminiscing on HP is making me feel so damn OLD. :lol:

Again - most of the nobility dresses extravagantly. As it happens a lot of the POV's we get a look into a more spartan in their dress code, but Tyrion for example dresses pretty extravagantly.

Again - most of the nobility dresses extravagantly. As it happens a lot of the POV's we get a look into a more spartan in their dress code, but Tyrion for example dresses pretty extravagantly.

maybe,but are they as obsessed with it as Theon? I doubt it...

maybe,but are they as obsessed with it as Theon? I doubt it...

That's a bit of a subjective point though. We don't see inside their heads but I mean look at Tywin for example - one of the manliest men in Westeros and he wears some of the most ostentatious armour in the series.

Archived