Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 7 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

I think the election will be episode 2. We have a lot going on in ep 1 and i think it would be too crowded.

ep 1: can have a lot of interactions between characters

- Jon training in the yard with Olly (summoned to Stannis)

- Jon & Stannis (offers winterfell)

- Jon & Melisandre & Ghost

- Jon & Sam

- First round of voting (unsuccessful)

- Sam & Aemon (gets idea for Jon)

Ep 2

- Stannis grows weary says election must happen tonight

- Sam & Edd

- Sam & Bowen Marsh & Denys Mallister (gaining support)

- Jon Elected

- Jon & Stannis & Davos (war council) (optional for ep 2)

This is what i would expect as lead up to the election. This would take up a lot of time at least 30 mins.

over 2 episodes they can split it up so it takes 15 mins of each episode

I don't see how you can give up hope for something when there has been zero evidence to suggest it won't happen other than lack of evidence in confirmation.

That's preemptive disappointment for you!

Anyway, i thought i should leave this here for all the Roose lovers of this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN9iV2uZTxM

i think we do need to see preliminary rounds. especially if jon is in the same state of mind as the books, which is not even considering himself as a candidate.

Thats the whole point of sam gathering support for him, because he doesn't think about it, and no one else does anything about it even though they know the other candidates are rubbish

I think the election will be episode 2. We have a lot going on in ep 1 and i think it would be too crowded.

I agree, it would feel wayyyy too rushed for 501, personally I still think 502 is soon but I know the story has to keep moving/catch up.

I still hold out hope for Manderly. Frey pies is too good to give up.

Frey pies aren't essential though, its easily cuttable. Which is unfortunate.

Yeah, but; 'A guy kills two of his supposed allies, bakes them into pies and serves them to their own family and allies, watches them eat said pies, (eats them himself) and laughs manically'. How does one pass this up?

Just read a theory that Jorah and Tyrion will not pass through the sorrows but through the ruins of the Old Valyria instead.

Logistically, if they meet at Volantis, they cannot pass through the Sorrows, so maybe it will end up being Valyria (or the ruins of a relatively distant from Valyria city, still touched by the Fall but not as much as in the heart of the apocalypse). Could be interesting to give us some background on the old Dragon Empire, which the show hasnt done that much so far.

^I just responded to that very post on that thread. (The one about opening titles locations next year).

We know that they filmed river stuff though and that they filmed with a bridge set, not only with a broken bridge built over the water in Antrim but on a identical-except-larger set built outside the Paint Hall as well. That seemed to be the Bridge of Dream.

Yeah (I'll continue the discussion here), I know about the bridge they used ;) . But nothing prevents them from altering its location. It could be a bridge somewhere in the Valyrian peninsula that they have to cross (shortcut, inadapted boat for open waters...). The scene would be the same as in the books except it'd take place somewhere else affected by greyscale.

I really dont see how T & J could descend the Rhoyne if they meet in Volantis...

My suggestion on the other thread was that (unless Chroyane is with Tyrion and Varys and is in 502) that the showRhoyne might flow more towards Meereen, meaning that Tyrion and Jorah could head up it from Volantis.

Alas I can't continue this line of convo ATM 'cause I've got to go back to sleep. If it's still being discussed when I wake though, I'll continue to give my two cents then.

Okay, good night to you then ! ;)

Just a thought about what you said, it could work : if they get the Rhoyne closer to Meereen, the "Sorrows" could be their mid-season climax, before the rest of the season takes place around Meereen.

There ARE going to be so many great characters at the Wall in S5 it makes me so dizzy to think of the possible interactions, but I fear there won't be time for all the different scenes we'd love to see.

I hadn't actually given any thought to the idea of Mel and Aemon interacting but now that I think about it I WANT IT, especially with him casting doubts about her. Lightbringer seems to have been played down so we mightn't have "oh this flaming sword you say?" bit, but that doesn't mean he can't be shown to side eye her religion a little in a jaded world-weary way (kind of tying in with how Shireen was suspicious of her, though she was questioning her from a place of innocence and confusion).**

**Much as I love Mel, it's important that people around her are seen to be questioning her. She's going to be this amazing flash of colour in such a drab landscape and she's meant to strike fear and awe into people's hearts

Not sure if I've mentioned how much I love Mel before :/

Hopefully we get some Stone Man casting tidbits in the next month or so, Arkash to clear up when exactly it'll play out.

And how about that, Mel? One of these days I'm going to change my avatar to a picture of her, stannisismyking. I'd hate to defy Roose like that of course and I'd switch back to him once we got some new Bolton images...But Mel...Carice...It's a dilemma for sure.

Archived