Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 7 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

My guess, igrewupinKL, is that 501 will cover Samwell IV and Jon XI from ASOS and that 502 will cover Samwell V and Jon XII. They could pepper in some of the ADWD material involving the captured wildlings into those first two eps. as well.

Yes i agree. i think Jon being elected episode 2 sounds reasonable, they need a good 7 episodes at least before 'for the watch'.

Now that you have reminded me stannisisymking that little interaction with maester aemon, stannis and melisandre is actually quite important. No one else could even question lightbringer except him, since he knows pretty much all there is to know. it would be a good idea to remind the audiences about AAR in the wake of both Stannis and Jon being in proximity. Especially if Melisandre looks at her fires and sees "Snow."

Having seen the HBO year end trailer, anyone else starting to believe the young boy will replace Bowen Marsh as the one who stabs Jon?

No.

He looks pissed off, but his eyes are looking PAST Jon in that shot, not at Jon.

Olly's family being murdered by Ygritte is definitely part of the set up for the dynamics of wildlings passing the wall, and who knows which side of the mutiny Olly will end up on. He would never lead it though. It is an internal Watch thing.

^Well Mel DID see Snow in her flames.

Talking about Mel (again), I think that's who Jon and Olly are looking at in the yearender shot, Hippocras and JonSnowed. I think it's the beginning of Jon XI in ASOS with Mel coming to see Jon while he's training with Satin in the courtyard. That would fit perfectly as the first CB scene in ep. 501.

BTW Merry Christmas you all.

Talking about Mel (again), I think that's who Jon and Olly are looking at in the yearender shot, Hippocras and JonSnowed. I think it's the beginning of Jon XI in ASOS with Mel coming to see Jon while he's training with Satin in the courtyard. That would fit perfectly as the first CB scene in ep. 501.

I agree. It seems like it's before he's elected LC.

Actually, I'd love if Jon meeting Mel and Stannis (Winterfell offer) ends up being the first scene after the generic !

Pre-generic we'll most likely be Cersei's dream and wake up, but truly opening the episode 1 at the Wall with the bang of that offer is a nice idea, imo.

I think there'll be more KL and probably some Tyrion scenes in 501 before cutting to CB. But I'd bet good money that we first see Jon in the courtyard training wee Olly and then the lovely Mel walks upon the scene...

I hope Jon gets that sortof black armour that LC Mormont and Thorne wear/wore when he becomes LC btw. It would be a significant costume change from the fur and leather he's worn thus far.

I hope Jon gets that sortof black armour that LC Mormont and Thorne wear/wore when he becomes LC btw. It would be a significant costume change from the fur and leather he's worn thus far.

It wasn't quite the same armor. I'd like to see him in his own couture armor. Black would be fine, however.

^

But if he's wearing armor, how will he get stabbed in the back?

You mean, how will the knife 'take' him in the back?

GRRM is a tricksy one with words. I don't know if he did get stabbed in the back.

I am wondering if Olly's archery skills will be put to use to mercy kill "Mance".

Because there are other characters besides her and they had to choose 4 precise shots. I'm glad they didnt include her.

Cersei and Jon's arcs should be the highlights of the season (alongside Theon's) so I'm okay with the shots they have picked.

Is anyone else hoping that we get as little as possible Rains of Castamere this season? Don't get me wrong I love the song but I think that it has been somewhat overused in the show. And it kinda was Tywin's theme song.

If they don't introduce at least one version of The Dornishman's Wife and keep overusing RoC, there's just no way to defend it.

Archived