Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 7 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

It will probably something along the veins of "Chaos is a Ladder," or "There is No Safety," "You Know Nothing," "Power is Power." They also haven't actually done "Winter is Coming" yet either, which would fit.

"Chaos is a ladder" would certainly fit very well:

- some characters climb and fall

Cersei, Margaery, Jon, Myrcella, if the Queenmaker is in

- some are given a chance to climb, but refuse

Jon again, Jaime

- some characters start the climb, using the chaos as a booster for their ascent

everyone in Dorne, Arya, the Faith

"Winter is coming" could also work really well.

Why would they do that? I don't think that crowns are custom made for each king in the dynasty and then buried with them or something. It makes a lot more sense if there's the crown of the King of the Seven Kingdoms that gets passed from one monarch to another.

Targaryens we know from the books all had different crowns made or had the option of choosing one of their predecessor's crowns.

Joffrey and Robert we know for a fact had different crowns. Robert's crown's antlers were thick and more "moose-like" than what you'd expect on a stag. Renly's was more thin and almost vine-like. Joffrey's was a kind of balance between the two. And when Joffrey married Margaery, rosebuds were added in to his crown.

Anyone have any thoughts on the possible design of season 5's official poster? Personally I think that it should be Night's Watch or Lannister related. Perhaps something symbolising the imminent destruction of house Lannister, like rain falling on a torn Lannister banner :dunno: .

It should be a Coin with words that play to the notion of "paying debts" (or receiving the "wages" for their decisions/actions). I think the vast majority of the characters--if not all of them--are to about to face the consequences of their decisions/actions of the past seasons, and so, the coin represents the paying of those 'debts'. For instance:

Cersei is about to 'pay' for her past transgressions and horrible decisions

Tyrion is paying for his murders with exile

Daenerys is about to have the past come back

Arya's 'coin' gets her to Braavos and turns her into a FM

Throw in the Martells, the North, the Wall and Sansa/Petyr/Brienne/Pod stuff and I think everyone is about to pay, in one form or another, for their past decisions/actions. So, yeah, my vote is for a coin. With perhaps some, "Debts are paid" tagline (or something like that).

It should be a Coin with words that play to the notion of "paying debts" (or receiving the "wages" for their decisions/actions). I think the vast majority of the characters--if not all of them--are to about to face the consequences of their decisions/actions of the past seasons, and so, the coin represents the paying of those 'debts'. For instance:

Throw in the Martells, the North, the Wall and Sansa/Petyr/Brienne/Pod stuff and I think everyone is about to pay, in one form or another, for their past decisions/actions. So, yeah, my vote is for a coin. With perhaps some, "Debts are paid" tagline (or something like that).

Interesting idea.

It would probably be Oberyn's line from last season in this case:

"The Lannisters are not the only ones who pay their debts". Unless that is too long.

The Iron bank always gets what its due :D

"Pay the iron price" :-p

But seriously, I love your idea.

Isn't that the same crown that Joff wore? I wish they'd given him a new crown.

I know this is completely off topic, and a very minor detail, but I wish Tommen stop looking like a mini-Joffrey (same haircut, same wardrobe, etc). It always amuse me how it pissed Cersei that he marries using a Baratheon cloak, instead of a Lannister like Joff did :P

I know this is completely off topic, and a very minor detail, but I wish Tommen stop looking like a mini-Joffrey (same haircut, same wardrobe, etc). It always amuse me how it pissed Cersei that he marries using a Baratheon cloak, instead of a Lannister like Joff did :P

His season 5 wardrobe (at least in this photo) looks somewhat different.

As for Season 5 poster? I know most of you try to make it for as many storylines as possible, but that wasn't the case for previous years, the dragon shadow was meant to be for Dany and Dany alone.

So... for season 5 I'd like a very "northern" poster, like a weirwood tree under a dark sky and the words "Night gathers"

That's probably for Tywin's funeral (thus the dark colour), but yeah, any change/new clothes will be welcome.

Archived