Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

When in a battle or siege it is a decision you can take. It's in the intrigue tab with things like "Hold a Tournament" and "Take a loan"

I used one for a siege once. I was hoping you could control them as a unit but I guess you don't need to.

I played during the Dance with Dragons as Cregan stark. I married Nettles, and asked Aemond Targeryen to come to court. He agreed, so I had Sheepstealer and Vhagar for the North. This game is so cool.

I played Aegon's Conquest as some insignificant lord but so much awesome stuff was happening all around the map. Aegon's conquest went well until he decided to take on the Westerlands.

King Loren of the Rock personally killed Meraxes and was afterwards called "Loren the Dragonslayer". Shortly afterwards Balerion died a natural death and it seemed like the Westerlands could prevail but after Loren's death his heir couldn't keep up with the Targs after all.

What are the chances killing a dragon in personal combat? And can someone tell me why I can't host a grand tournament even though I have the required gold (the icon is still grey)?

Sorry for the noob questions that can be answered elsewhere, but how do you have a single combat?

It's mostly random. For example, if you're in a battle, you sometimes get the chance to fight a single combat. Other occasions include trials and not so random events. I had one game where I had to duel Loras after he'd killed Arys while fighting to subdue the Reach as the King.

That said, it's important to note that single combat success is not based on Martial, but on traits. In other words, don't fight single combat unless you have Skilled Fighter or better, though traits such as Strong, Tall, Deceptive, Ruthless, and Wroth also help.

Sorry for the noob questions that can be answered elsewhere, but how do you have a single combat?

Its an event that can appear if you are leading your troops in battle, also if you are a prisoner you can demand a trial by combat and fight to earn your freedom. You can also face other people if your participate in tourneys.

Its an event that can appear if you are leading your troops in battle, also if you are a prisoner you can demand a trial by combat and fight to earn your freedom. You can also face other people if your participate in tourneys.

Can anyone of my people have a trial by combat or just the leader of my people?

It's mostly random. For example, if you're in a battle, you sometimes get the chance to fight a single combat. Other occasions include trials and not so random events. I had one game where I had to duel Loras after he'd killed Arys while fighting to subdue the Reach as the King.

That said, it's important to note that single combat success is not based on Martial, but on traits. In other words, don't fight single combat unless you have Skilled Fighter or better, though traits such as Strong, Tall, Deceptive, Ruthless, and Wroth also help.

didnt notice this one til I commented on the other, that's pretty awesome! Thanks for the help!

What are the chances killing a dragon in personal combat? And can someone tell me why I can't host a grand tournament even though I have the required gold (the icon is still grey)?

Really, really low. I know taming a dragon (if you aren't valyrian) is like 0.0001% or something, and even if you are its still only like 0.01%.

Killing a dragon isn't as hard, but it's still freakishly unlikely. (Which I really hope they change, for balancing purposes)

They have all the numbers and stuff on the website, a quick google search should bring up the equation.

So I managed to get this to work by updating the game and the mod. Yay! Can anybody recommend a good starting point? Should I just stick with one of the main characters that pop up? I've tried a few games in the normal CK2 but playing a LP/King seems a lot more complicated in terms of who to go to war with etc.

So I managed to get this to work by updating the game and the mod. Yay! Can anybody recommend a good starting point? Should I just stick with one of the main characters that pop up? I've tried a few games in the normal CK2 but playing a LP/King seems a lot more complicated in terms of who to go to war with etc.

Speaking personally, I recommend playing a few games as a Lord, a High Lord, and then a Lord Paramount in Westeros to get a rough idea of how the basics work. Don't be afraid to mess up and don't be afraid to mess around a little.

I think Stannis following Robert's Rebellion is as good as any. Try to see if you can become Lord Paramount of the Crownlands - you'll have an easier time there because Robert is your overlord, meaning that you won't have to fight either Robert or a Lord Paramount to carve out a slice or two.

Archived