Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

Dany can't marry because she has the widowed trait, which she looses in a scripted event you skipped because you got the IT, you can still lose it randomley, but there is also the issue of dany not being able to have children until an event you skipped because you got the IT, so unless Aegon shows up, you lose after Dany dies.

She actually lost it eventually, must have been something in the air in KL (and me going out of my way to make her fertile). Might have been an event, but I don't think so because it never said anything about her widowed status. She just became marriageable after a while. Ended up having pretty good reign, with several children, including the two I married together to give me next generation. King Rhaegar is mopping up Essos/the North atm. I have no idea what happened to Aegon. :dunno:

In fact, the entire AFFC scenario disappeared from my game.

I started a file during the bleeding years as Hightower, progressed thirty years and Aegon hasn't done a single thing.

Same problem whenever I start in the bleeding years. Though if I play as one of the Andal Kings, its a good problem to have.

The only time I've seen Ageon the Conquerer actually do something is when I played as him.

Instead of siding with the Free Cities, I sided with Volantis and helped them create New Valyria. After I did that, I gained independence from them and proceeded to Conquer Westros. Instead of giving Orys Baratheon control of the Stormlands, I gave him The North. Also, I couldn't be bothered to found Kings Landing so instead I put my Capitol in Harrendale (which I didn't destroy with Dragons).

I bought it last week on Steam.

It's on sale this week. 75% Off.

i.e. i could now literally get the whole bundle with all the minutia of DLC for the price that I paid for just the base game last week.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I couldn't have been a week late in reading this thread and getting hyped for the mod. OH NO. I had to read it on time....

I bought it last week on Steam.

It's on sale this week. 75% Off.

i.e. i could now literally get the whole bundle with all the minutia of DLC for the price that I paid for just the base game last week.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I couldn't have been a week late in reading this thread and getting hyped for the mod. OH NO. I had to read it on time....

Actually, only the older DLC is on sale. The most recent packages, Charlamagne and Way of Life, are still full priced. I know this because I would have bought them if they were on sale.

Regardless, I feel your pain. I purchased Rajas of India thinking Paradox games rarely go on sale. When they do go on sale, usually its only the base game and the earlier DLC. Indeed, I think are almost at the point of giving away the base game for free just to sell DLC. Then, Rajas of India went on sale a week or two later.

Still, the amount of time I have put into CKII means less money spent on other games and the entertainment value is fantastic.

In terms of DLCs, are there any that work with the mod and enhance the gameplay?

Yes.

The link below has a list of DLCs which enhance the game.

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/A_Game_of_Thrones#Frequently_Asked_Questions

Steam updated CK2, so my game didn't work anymore and now that I have downloaded the newest version of the mod (a beta) it is randomly crashing. :(

Do what I did, and downgrade CKII. On steam, you can choose which version of CKII you want to play, so you can play the safe old version until the upgrade is no longer a beta.

I think I like the mod more than the base game. Only problem is you can't play as Jon Snow right now due to some update, not sure if the 9.1 beta fixes that or not. I've been playing as Dany in my last playthrough and it was fun. My favorite thing is how random things can get. In this playthrough (AFFC starting point) I did everything that Dany did in the books until I took over Jhago's Khalesar. Then I fire and blooded my way to taking out Astapor and Yunkai again and re-expanded the Empire.

Somehow along the way Aegon ended up imprisoned at King's Landing, so I made sure to plot to free him. Sure enough I did, but then he decided to stay there as the leader of the Gold Cloaks for Myrcella. That went on for about a year or so until he randomly showed back up at my court one day. Taking pity, I married him and gave him back his claim as Rhaegar's son. Next I recruited Tyrion from serving as Master of Coin in some random place in Essos (Illyrio had died) and proceeded to take down the pirate kingdom on the Stepstones from Aurane Waters. Kind of stuck now though because Dany always ends up dead from treachery a few months later no matter what I do, and it isn't always the same person.

One fun game I had was playing as Robb Stark in the Clash of Kings Scenario.

I immediately married Margaery Tyrell, hoping that Highgarden would support my war for independence. Also because f@#k the Freys!

They didn't. Mace Tyrell just sat on his rump the whole war.

Fortunately, I was able to Capture Kings Landing. Rather than crown Stannis, I left a power vacuum because f*%k the Southlands!

Because Joffery was in prison, I won the war and gained independence. My next act was to execute Joffery, Cersei, Jamie, and Tywin. All of this following the tradition of doing it myself (using Ice no less). I released Tyrion from prison and he became the next lord of Casterley Rock; he actually liked me because I released him and didn't cut his head off (also because I agreed to let him, Tommen, and Myrcella stay under house arrest instead of in the dungeon). I kept Tommen and Myrcella alive as hostages, and had Hodor educate them.

Do what I did, and downgrade CKII. On steam, you can choose which version of CKII you want to play, so you can play the safe old version until the upgrade is no longer a beta.

How do you do that? And I also can't stop steam from doing the automatic update (there is no option available). I can stop it manually if I'm quick enough... (assuming there is no small update that takes about 5 seconds)

How do you do that? And I also can't stop steam from doing the automatic update (there is no option available). I can stop it manually if I'm quick enough... (assuming there is no small update that takes about 5 seconds)

Right click the game on the list on the left and go to properties. Then click the "betas" tab and choose "Old version 2.2.1" It will re-download the older version of the game.

I think I like the mod more than the base game. Only problem is you can't play as Jon Snow right now due to some update, not sure if the 9.1 beta fixes that or not. I've been playing as Dany in my last playthrough and it was fun. My favorite thing is how random things can get. In this playthrough (AFFC starting point) I did everything that Dany did in the books until I took over Jhago's Khalesar. Then I fire and blooded my way to taking out Astapor and Yunkai again and re-expanded the Empire.

Somehow along the way Aegon ended up imprisoned at King's Landing, so I made sure to plot to free him. Sure enough I did, but then he decided to stay there as the leader of the Gold Cloaks for Myrcella. That went on for about a year or so until he randomly showed back up at my court one day. Taking pity, I married him and gave him back his claim as Rhaegar's son. Next I recruited Tyrion from serving as Master of Coin in some random place in Essos (Illyrio had died) and proceeded to take down the pirate kingdom on the Stepstones from Aurane Waters. Kind of stuck now though because Dany always ends up dead from treachery a few months later no matter what I do, and it isn't always the same person.

I found that a good way to go about Aegon AFFC scenario is to make sure you marry Dany as soon as you can (ie when you win the war with Stannis and acquire the necessary rank) - that way when my Aegon lost his war against the IT and got imprisoned by Myrcella I just got a second life as Dany, now his heir, who smashed the remaining IT troops with the Unsullied. Go Dany!

I found that a good way to go about Aegon AFFC scenario is to make sure you marry Dany as soon as you can (ie when you win the war with Stannis and acquire the necessary rank) - that way when my Aegon lost his war against the IT and got imprisoned by Myrcella I just got a second life as Dany, now his heir, who smashed the remaining IT troops with the Unsullied. Go Dany!

Hmm, I like this idea. I'll put an Aegon AFFC scenario on my to do list with exactly that strategy in mind.

I started one over the weekend as King Loren of the Rock during the bleeding years. He started at age 30 I believe. I returned Brightroar to her rightful place form Valyria. Conquered the Trident, defeated the Reach in open war several times. Married his daughter to the heir in the North. Married his son and heir to a western girl to keep the bloodline close. Married his second son to a daughter of the reach. And his second daughter was betrothed to the son of the queen of the stormlands until he was banished to the Nightswatch for whatever reason. King Loren the Conqueror died a year after taking the Trident and doubling his kingdom in size. He led the battle himself in his advanced age of 51 and died at 52 from a period of illness.

His son took over and lost a lot of respect. The reach immediately attacked me and most of my lords refused to help so my army of 50000 became 10000. I called the North to arms and they saved my ass. Worked out ok though because each of my places had so many people in side the castle walls that they couldn't be taken. Now my guy is handing out punishments to the men who refused to acknowledge their kings demands.

How long does a king have to reign for before people respect him again?

• 2 weeks later...

Played as Bronn in the FFC and mane he'd to become king in about 10 years through complete bs

I took rosby after a pirate raid weakened it had a son with Lollys then had her assassinated I had sat on my hands during all the fighting and stannis gave Jon the north came south lost to tommen and the storm lands to aegon then dany lands takes the capital but still loses and dies

then bam hi we are the iron bank want 10000 swords and a claim on the throne?

took it killed tommen and married Margery the north west and little fingers holding went independent but not bad for a sellsword

Playing as House Piper actually turned out to be the most epic game I've ever seen of this! I started in ACoK scenario and really didn't do much except to lend my strength to the Northern armies, but the war turned out completely different.

-> No Renly death by specter, Red Wedding, or Wildling Invasion

-> Dany was irrelevant and eventually was killed by some random Dothraki. I don't think she made it past the Red Waste, although Jorah Mormont lived on...my only real accomplishment was bringing his son (by Doreah) back to become lord of Acorn Hall.

and there ends the mundane:

-> Robb won his independence and was able to return to the North in time to throw out the Ironborn. He reigned as King in the North till old age.

-> Margery Tyrell died under suspicious circumstances, but not before giving birth to a son by Renly. Renly would go on to capture the Iron Throne. Jaime's Kingsguard membership was revoked and he became Tywin's heir. Cersei and the bastards somehow got exiled to Braavos. I don't know how exactly it came to happen, but Joffrey was turned into a Eunuch :bawl: and Myrcella was blinded. :cool4: They would live long and useless lives, except Cersei who would die of depression. Tommen, on the other hand, rose through the Braavosi system and ended up as a steward and eventually a landholder with the nickname "Greatlion."

-> Renly remarried and had two other children, but was a disastrous ruler in every way. Jaime started his own independence war. Renly completely screwed this up by losing his entire army in failed Crecy style battles. He gained the nickname "the Unworthy" and was killed in personal combat by Loras Tyrell "The Oathbreaker." :o

-> The war was won for Westerland independence...but not before Jaime Lannister himself was killed by no less than young Steffon's Kingsguard Edric Storm in personal combat! Edric would inherit the title "Kingslayer" for this deed, but this time as a true honorific for killing the disgraced former Lord Commander and King of the Rock, Jaime Lannister, in the battle of King's Landing.

The Lannisters with their child king would go on to win the war by winning conquests of the rest of the Crownlands, but the Baratheons would go on to rule five kingdoms from the Iron Throne. The vast North would remain and independent kingdom, with the resources and the will to fight the wildling invaders (I don't think the Others are a part of this mod). A wealthy Kingdom of the Rock (Westerlands) would also go its own way, apparently living in peace and prosperity apart from the Iron Throne.

Oh yeah, that Baratheon King Steffon? That was the only child of Renly and Margery Tyrell...so Mace got his wish after all.

oh yeah, Balon Greyjoy lived to the age of 90 and never went to war again! Also Theon became a Drowned God zealot. Imagine that. The only thing that was seriously off in the whole play through was that King Robb converted to the Seven.

I love the preponderance of personal combat in this mod! The regular game is great, but the mod designers did such a good job translating it to Westeros.

Archived