Crusader Kings II Game of Thrones Mod

TimJames

I bought and downloaded it last night. The map alone blew me away. I still don't know how to play that well but I played as Meria Martell during Aegons Conquest.

The Lord of Hellholt attacked Sandstone and I told him to cut it out. He refused so I imprisoned him and sent him to the wall. That was so cool to me after playing Total war for so long.

I ended up bending the knee because I still don't really know how to play. :(

Eta :(

Its amazing.. I've played it for about 1 year now. You'll catch on pretty fast.

And it took me awhile to figure out, but you do NOT have to start playing in the times they have put up. You can start in ANY time. So, you may start right before RR, or you may do so before duskendale-> with a "sane" Aeyrs.. etc etc.

Do you think we should start a new thread for getting that organized/coordinated?

Is there a specific sub forum we should put it in?

There was another thread on the mod, I think in the Objects of Ice and Fire section. We could post there and in the general video games thread to get people to play.

Its a great mod . My Favourite run through was as LF in feast for crows scenario Got Lord Paramount of Riverlands ,marries Sansa she fell in love with me had 3 kids then about 8 years after Tommen won his war the Iron bank came . They offered we a claim in return for paying back the crowns debts ,I won the throne and in space of just 20 years LF gone from a minor Lord in vale to the Iron throne.

There is a CK2 multiplayer group on steam if you go to paradox forum there's a thread about it

I've always enjoyed this mod though i have a friend who can't stand it because it is so out of character.

I will summarize one of my recent games. It's not even my favorite or best just an example of an average game and why the mod is so great.

Was playing as Robb Stark where Stannis beat the Lannisters and executed every member of the family he had by fire. He also executed Sansa because she was Joffrey's wife so he was a tyrant and lunatic. I decided to execute Jaime Lannister for his crimes now that he was worthless. I continued the war for independence against Stannis but first kicked the ironborn out of the North (Robb killed Theon in personal combat it was glorious also Balon was killed by Maege the Mormont rofl). I had Dacey Mormont as Robb Stark's bodyguard during the war and they fell in love though i had Robb Stark betrothed to Alys Karkstark (i was rp'ing they were waiting until the war was over). The North easily ran to King's landing, killed a 9k army of Stannis and besieged king's landing, taking it. I captured Stannis's family and won the war, choosing to let them all go except Stannis who i executed. His daughter became Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and i was King of the North with Ned avenged and Ice returned.

As soon as the war was over i sent an army to the wall as Mance was harassing the night's watch. Won that war but Jon was not made Lord Commander some random was which sucks so i invited Jon Snow to my court and he stayed for a little while but ended up going back to the Night's watch. I also had to cheat Catelyn Tully into Robb's court because she was with Edmure which made no sense to me (he was LP of the riverlands now). Mace Tyrell had in the mean time declared independence and was King of the Reach. Doran ended up swearing fwealty to Shieeren with Robert Arryn and whoever was LP of the stormlands (can't remember). Twyin Lannister died during the war of 5 kings (illness i think funnily enough) and Tyrion was burned alive by Stannis when he took King's landing so Kevan Lannister was LP of the Westerlands and was fighting shieeren in a war for independence. I married Alys Karkstark and started handing out titles/stabilzing the north. She had a high opinion of Robb Stark (his traits were amazing) but she ended up having an affair with a hill clan house Dea member because the way the game works since Robb was in love with Dacey, Alys couldn't be in love him and found love somewhere else. I ended up divorcing Robb and Alys and had Robb marry Dacey instead. They had several children.

To wrap this up. Bran joined the citadel, Arya stark was found and married Tyrstane Martell and rickon ending up marrying some riverland girl. I spent most of the time i played this save trying to subjugate the beyond the wall lands as part of Kingdom of North and Trident. I also forged claims and took lots of the Crownlands. Aegon ended up invading but his invasion was weak and easily defeated by the Iron Throne which now consisted of the remainder of the crownlands, the stormlands, dorne and the Vale while the Reach and Westerlands were independent kingdoms. The crazy part is Shieeren died and Daenerys inherited the iron throne from her LOL so now Daenerys was Queen of the Iron Throne and Meeren. I didin't play long after that and didn't pay attention to the southern wars as i was fighting in the North.

That game didn't even last long, maybe 40 or so years and it was still a blast. I could have continued it but i got bored.

Its a great mod . My Favourite run through was as LF in feast for crows scenario Got Lord Paramount of Riverlands ,marries Sansa she fell in love with me had 3 kids then about 8 years after Tommen won his war the Iron bank came . They offered we a claim in return for paying back the crowns debts ,I won the throne and in space of just 20 years LF gone from a minor Lord in vale to the Iron throne.

There is a CK2 multiplayer group on steam if you go to paradox forum there's a thread about it

Do you know which steam groups are still active?

I've played this mod and absurd amount, the opportunity for replay is limitless.

Best game I've had so far is when I got young Griff to the throne playing as Harrold Arryn married to some Lannister. A generation later I was lord of the Westerlands and Vale and after that, having married Daenerys' and Aegon's only daughter, King of the Iron Throne, Emperor of the Ghiscari and the Sunset Sea as Artys 'the Dragonslayer' Arryn. It really is an incredibly fun game.

- I would say an hour or two to get reasonable at the game. The biggest part for me was everything being open to you as soon as you begin, as there are a lot of things you can do at any one moment. The game explains things as they come, but there's a lot to take in. Practice makes perfect though.

- I haven't played Civilization, but I believe they are quite different. CK2 is mainly about your dynasty, the basic goal being to advance its power and prestige (although, really, you set your own goals) using diplomacy, war, intrigue, or any combination of them. The warfare is fairly limited compared to how I picture Civilization, with most gameplay mechanics involving political decisions/interactions (eg: assigning land, changing laws, ransoming hostages, arranging marriages, plotting assassinations, joining crusades, etc).

- There are a lot of expansions that can be purchased. The GoT mod is free and fan made however. There's also a Lord of the Rings mod, a Witcher mod, an Elder Scrolls mod, and a lot more.

has anyone else had a problem with having tomany vassals I can't figure out how to resolve it

Have vassals ruling over vassals.

For example, let's say that you pick up eight provinces after fighting in the Disputed Lands. You could hand them out to people who will then serve as your direct vassals, but it's easier to manage if you consolidate them into High Lordships and then hand them out.

That said, make sure that you're not handing out a title of the same rank as your primary title.

For those just getting it for the first time:

It's one of the easier paradox games and this mod makes it even easier (no technology) so do the tutorial and watch a couple videos and you should be good to go.

I only ever play in Clash of Kings and Feast of crows scenario so i don't have any easy recommendations outside of those starter points but you can try these to get an idea of the game:

House Hightower of Oldtown: Clash of Kings scenario.

You have good lands. far away from any real trouble a massive family with good traits and most already married so your line of succession is safe. You are sworn to House Tyrell who will be helping Renly (if he dies then they usually take the event and ally with Lannisters) so you will be fighting in those wars but you don't have to raise your troops if you don't want to (though your liege may use some of your family in their armies). I recommend you forge a claim on the Arbor and take it asap so you have good troops+one of the best navies in the game to transport them.

House Martell: Clash of Kings

You don't start off at war or any wars you will be forced into in the future. As the smallest Lord paramount you have less vassals to worry about and less of everything in general, making it easier to learn. You can choose if you want to help joffrey or not or pick sides in the civil wars. You can also just stay neutral until somebody claims the Iron Throne and takes over. This gives you an idea of what it's like to be Lord Paramount. You also get a couple special events so you can learn about them.

After reading this thread I've decided to buy it. A few quick questions before I do.

How long does it take to get the hang of it?

I'm a huge Civilization fan, is it comparable?

Is there only a GoT mod, or is there an expansion that can be purchased?

Thanks in advance

1. Not too long. At first you'll be utterly lost, but learning is really organic.

2. Not really. It's not turn based, so everyone is moving at once, and it's less empire focused. Instead of controlling a country, you control a person controlling a country.

3. There's a few mods, but the GoT one is the biggest and most complete (I think) but Paradox (makers of CK II) have a nasty habit of releasing lots of the game as separate DLCs, so you can purchase a lot of expansions. You don't really need them, but they do add some interesting features.

Have fun!

I recently customized a high Valyrian dragon rider residing in Volantis during the War of Conquest. I conquered the free cities and formed the New Valyrian Empire while Aegon took Westeros. I wanted to join our families, but I was apparently too low born for his daughter, so I attacked Westeros because Aegon's a jerk! My dragon took on both Vaegar and Balerion. My dragon easily beat Vaegar and then had a long drawn out fight with Balerion as I was fighting his army at the Blackwater. After a long fight my dragon overcame Balerion (getting maimed in the process) and I took Westeros! I then proclaimed myself the emperor of everything, got bored, then quit. It was epic while it lasted.

My favorite play was when I used Aegon in the Feast for Crows scenario. I managed to take the throne (no easy task). I let Tommen have Casterly Rock. Edmure Tully died while I was trying to free him from Tommen's dungeon (ungrateful bastard!), so I found his heir and gave hime lordship of Riverrun as well as the Riverlands. I found Rickon married to some Bolton girl, so I made him the lord of Winterfell and lord paramount of the North. It was all going really well until Daenerys showed up.

I love playing with House Lannister, but my personal favorites are the Ironborn. You start off week and have to rough it out to become strong. Also reaving, taking salt wives, and generally not caring about what happens with the other kingdoms is really fun.

Archived