Regarding Aegon and Daenerys

Lord Coldhands

This is the exact same logic you just used in your argument. Seriously.

If I have 10 ice cubes, and you have 11 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer Purple, because aliens dont wear hats.

As my three year old would say, "Oh... yeah, that's why. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Thank you, Daddy."

This is the exact same logic you just used in your argument. Seriously.

If I have 10 ice cubes, and you have 11 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof?

Answer – Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats.

I'm sorry, did I confused ya with so logical words, I'll condense it so you will understand:

People that believe that Aegon is a Blackfyre pretender has to understand that the blackfyre have been breeding within esso's population for over 80 years, there is no way after so many years and generations, a child with solid purple eyes, a full white hair kid that looks like a passable imitation of Rhaegar would be available when Varys needed him.

I wasn't Saying that That R+L= Aegon, Everybody and their momma believe that R+L=J despite Jon looking 100% nothing like Rhaegar, and people will go back to Baelor Breakspear to conform it he is just one generation out of the mainstream Targ, If Aegon was a Blackfyre from his mother side, she would to go a non-targ and it would be multiple generations from whatever Blackfyre rebellion till now, that would no way he would look like a Red Dragon, let alone a passable imitation of Rhaegar's son too fool everyone around him.

idk if this helps, but Westeros genetics are unpredictable. Four out of five Stark kids are red haired, like their mother, despite the fact that red hair is very recessive, while the blonde hair of Cersei's kids is taken as proof that they couldn't possibly be Robert's. By that reasoning, Ned should believe that Cat was unfaithful to him, and that his only legit child is Arya.

Anyway, whatever the merits of the Blackfyre theory, the physical appearance of Aegon doesn't enter into it. I think Aegon is fake because of mummer's dragon, and because it's too late in the novels to introduce a real heir. For that reason, I also don't believe that he's BF. It's also too late in the novels to introduce that particular complication.

I'm sorry, did I confused ya with so logical words, I'll condense it so you will understand:

People that believe that Aegon is a Blackfyre pretender has to understand that the blackfyre have been breeding within esso's population for over 80 years, there is no way after so many years and generations, a child with solid purple eyes, a full white hair kid that looks like a passable imitation of Rhaegar would be available when Varys needed him.

This sentence does make some sense. However...

How does that have anything to do with R+L=J? It does not. At all. Period.

That is where the alien wearing a purple hat comes into play.

Aegon was already born before the Tower of Joy incident happened. He was on Dragonstone. He is not a factor in R+L=J.

If you want to reword your previous argument, then I will retract my comparison.

idk if this helps, but Westeros genetics are unpredictable. Four out of five Stark kids are red haired, like their mother, despite the fact that red hair is very recessive, while the blonde hair of Cersei's kids is taken as proof that they couldn't possibly be Robert's. By that reasoning, Ned should believe that Cat was unfaithful to him, and that his only legit child is Arya.

Anyway, whatever the merits of the Blackfyre theory, the physical appearance of Aegon doesn't enter into it. I think Aegon is fake because of mummer's dragon, and because it's too late in the novels to introduce a real heir. For that reason, I also don't believe that he's BF. It's also too late in the novels to introduce that particular complication.

The seed is strong!

If R+L=J, then J took after L, not R. It is said that J looks like Arya and Arya looks like L. Plus Aegon V's son, Duncan the Small had dark hair. I can't remember about his other kids. He married a Blackwood so it is a 50/50 chance the kids would have dark hair.

The fact that Jon doesn't look like Rhaegar is a pointless argument.

Whether Aegon is actually Aegon, a Blackfyre or just a random Valyrian descendant who has the Valyrian look...that outcome has no affect on R+L=J. That is why your argument made me insane.

The seed is strong!

If R+L=J, then J took after L, not R. It is said that J looks like Arya and Arya looks like L. Plus Aegon V's son, Duncan the Small had dark hair. I can't remember about his other kids. He married a Blackwood so it is a 50/50 chance the kids would have dark hair.

The fact that Jon doesn't look like Rhaegar is a pointless argument.

Whether Aegon is actually Aegon, a Blackfyre or just a random Valyrian descendant who has the Valyrian look...that outcome has no affect on R+L=J. That is why your argument made me insane.

Oh definitely. Also, Rhaegar's daughter looked like his Dornish wife, so it's not weird at all that his son would look like his mother, too.

EDIT: I was having a hard time getting the original argument.

:dunno: You don't believe he a blackfyes but you believe he fake. DAFAQ????

You do realize that Mummer's Dragon is a possessive noun, not a noun. if it was just Mummer dragon, i would believe him false also, but it said Mummer's Dragon. That roughly translate "Varys's Aegon"

This sentence does make some sense. However...

How does that have anything to do with R+L=J? It does not. At all. Period.

That is where the alien wearing a purple hat comes into play.

Aegon was already born before the Tower of Joy incident happened. He was on Dragonstone. He is not a factor in R+L=J.

If you want to reword your previous argument, then I will retract my comparison.

I Bring up R+L=J because of Baelor Breakspear. Baelor Look nothing like a Targ and he is one generation out of the mainstream, and if.....IF Jon is half targ then he also would be one generation out the mainstream Targ.

Aegon (if he is a blackfrye) would have to go through almost 90 years and multiple generation outside of inbreed, there is no way he would look like a Typical Targ as depicted in ADWD.

First, Dany would have to prove he is not real. TBH, she has no way to do it. What is she going to say? "A sorceress told me"?.

Some members of the GC know the truth. If one of them was captured and told what he knew publicly that would be enough to convince some people.

Aegon (if he is a blackfrye) would have to go through almost 90 years and multiple generation outside of inbreed, there is no way he would look like a Typical Targ as depicted in ADWD.

This is what Lysono Maar looks like: "with lilac eyes and white-gold hair". Sounds familiar? In Arianne II (WOW)

When she sees Lysono Maar, she says he looks like a Targaryen.

There are still people with Valyrian features around. Aegon could easily be the son of some Lyseni whore as well.

the main targ line has only 1 incestuous Union in that same time period so your argument doesn't hold up - their genes are being "diluted" nearly as much.

Furthermore, Clearly the targ blood is much much thinner now than it was in Aegons time, and yet Rhaegar, Dany and even Viserys are somehow carbon copies of him and his sisters.

These are some unrealistically strong genes but that's how GRRM build the world apparently. It's like in lady and the tramp when they have pups at the end and half aare the purebred like mom and half are the grey mutt like dad. :laugh:

You do realize that Mummer's Dragon is a possessive noun, not a noun. if it was just Mummer dragon, i would believe him false also, but it said Mummer's Dragon. That roughly translate "Varys's Aegon"

I Bring up R+L=J because of Baelor Breakspear. Baelor Look nothing like a Targ and he is one generation out of the mainstream, and if.....IF Jon is half targ then he also would be one generation out the mainstream Targ.

daemon had sons, he had daughters. no in the text does it say that they would not have kept the blood of the dragon strong.

because if they did not they, then the may as well as kiss the iron throne good bye as who would believe their actually blackfyres?

I think it's too late in the novels to introduce the BF situation, and it's also too late to introduce a real heir. There are any number of ways the kid could be fake, without being BF.

"Mummer's dragon," can be seen as Varys's dragon, I agree, but in the novel, "mummer's dragon" is a fake dragon, used by mummers, to give the mumming hero a made-up enemy:

A dead man in the prow of a ship, a blue rose, a banquet of blood... what does any of it mean, Khaleesi? A mummer’s dragon, you said. What is a mummer’s dragon, pray?”

“A cloth dragon on poles,” Dany explained. Mummers use them in their follies, to give the heroes something to fight.”

A "mummer's dragon" is a fake dragon--a cloth dragon, on poles.

This is what Lysono Maar looks like: "with lilac eyes and white-gold hair". Sounds familiar? In Arianne II (WOW)

When she sees Lysono Maar, she says he looks like a Targaryen.

There are still people with Valyrian features around. Aegon could easily be the son of some Lyseni whore as well.

I know there are ppl in essos with valyrian features, but do they all look like Rhaegar though? JonCon was with the GC for 5 years so he has to have seen plenty of ppl with those features, Are you telling me tell Varys and Illyrio pick one of them out, presents it of JonCon and he buys it hands down?

Some sellsword against the world of the guy who was actually friends with Rhaegar? Doubt it.

I mean no offense to your namesake but JCs story is full of holes. sadly by the end I bet he won't even believe it's true himself :cry:

And like Anything political I think people will believe what is politically expedient to them. So if they want to believe Aegon is fake, this story will become their narrative.

And it wouldn't just be some sells word - it would likely be a high ranking member of the GC and someone who knew Aegon, JC, and Illyrio well.

the main targ line has only 1 incestuous Union in that same time period so your argument doesn't hold up - their genes are being "diluted" nearly as much.

Furthermore, Clearly the targ blood is much much thinner now than it was in Aegons time, and yet Rhaegar, Dany and even Viserys are somehow carbon copies of him and his sisters.

These are some unrealistically strong genes but that's how GRRM build the world apparently. It's like in lady and the tramp when they have pups at the end and half aare the purebred like mom and half are the grey mutt like dad. :laugh:

Rhaegar, Dany, Viserys came from a pure bloodline, Aegon is half dornish but was said has all feature of a Typical Targ

Rhaegar, Dany, Viserys came from a pure bloodline, Aegon is half dornish but was said has all feature of a Typical Targ

You need to go spend some time looking at the targ family tree my friend. There is a lot of marrying - in going on. The exact kind of stuff you say would make it "impossible" for Aegon Blackfyre to look like a Targ.

Archived