Random Soldier #2453744 appreciation thread.

Salafi Stannis

He's the lad who got cut down in the first 30 seconds of the battle, who never held a spear or a sword in his life until Lord Who-sit decided to declare war on Lord Whats-his-name. The one who never had any songs sung of him, who never had a tale told at the tavern in his honour. He's the one who the reader just sees as one of the tens of thousands of casualties of the battle-of-the-whats-it. He's the guy who couldn't give three shits about his stupid lord or his stupid lordly problems about why he's going to war with lord what's-his-name-#2. Who doesn't question why he's giving his life because whats-his-face insulted lord-who-the-fuck-cares' great grand nieces' goldfish at some tourney in some places 1000 miles away.

To random soldier #LongObscureNumber, we salute you.

He's the lad who got mowed down in the first 30 seconds of the battle, who never held a spear or a sword in his life until Lord Who-sit decided to declare war on Lord Whats-his-name. The one who never had any songs sung of him, who never had a tale told at the tavern in his honour. He's the one who the reader just sees as one of the tens of thousands of casualties of the battle-of-the-whats-it. He's the guy who couldn't give three shits about his stupid lord or his stupid lordly problems about why he's going to war with lord what's-his-name-#2. Who doesn't question why he's giving his life because whats-his-face insulted lord-who-the-fuck-cares' great grand nieces' goldfish at some tourney in some places 1000 miles away.

To random soldier #LongObscureNumber, we salute you.

i think you should win the war stannis. before you start a memorial service.

Well this thread does touch on a subject that ASoIaF seldom does. How all these grand political manipulations and wars end up screwing over the little people.

screw's over everyone really. robb was cut down at the twin's cause of political manipulations, ned lost his head. Robert was gutted by a boar. etc

it was just a really cut-throat time period.

Yay! Go Canty!

“Canty, go find the king and tell him all is ready,” Ser Godry said to the nearest man-at-arms.

“The king is here.” The voice was Richard Horpe’s.

Canty is a name that apears for one sentance, but establuishes a man-at-arms that is considered cool enough to enter the king's tower and give him messages. Canty fought on the Blackwater, at the Wall, at Deepwood Motte and had marched with Stannis through an icy hell. And now his moment to rank up is here. Godry Farring had considered him cool enough to go alone and meet the king. And what is the very next thing that happens? Richard fucking Horpe's mind goes all "wait, the king only allows me and Massey alone, is Canty gonna take my gig for the Theon gift chapter? I don't fucking think so", and goes all "nah dude, you are not needed, return to obscurity".

Canty was this close to being in one of the coolest chapters from Winds. He would be missed.

Canty, I salute you. Have one on me. :cheers:

Yay! Go Canty!

“Canty, go find the king and tell him all is ready,” Ser Godry said to the nearest man-at-arms.

“The king is here.” The voice was Richard Horpe’s.

Canty is a name that apears for one sentance, but establuishes a man-at-arms that is considered cool enough to enter the king's tower and give him messages. Canty fought on the Blackwater, at the Wall, at Deepwood Motte and had marched with Stannis through an icy hell. And now his moment to rank up is here. Godry Farring had considered him cool enough to go alone and meet the king. And what is the very next thing that happens? Richard fucking Horpe's mind goes all "wait, the king only allows me and Massey alone, is Canty gonna take my gig for the Theon gift chapter? I don't fucking think so", and goes all "nah dude, you are not needed, return to obscurity".

Canty was this close to being in one of the coolest chapters from Winds. He would be missed.

Canty, I salute you. Have one on me. :cheers:

How could I miss Canty, surely one of the toughest men in asoiaf. Canty, your moment will come.

*salute*

Archived