Road to the NFL Superb Owl: Who Will Claw Their Way Back?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

So who ya got this weekend? I don't think we've made picks for the Championship games yet.

The 4 QBs left have 5 Superb Owls between them tjhough Luck doesn't have any (unless he's got one stuck his hobo beard)

I'm going with pedigree. And the fact that somehow Aaron Pawdgers' calf is in even worse shape this week than last.

Seahawks and Patriots win by double digits.

The 4 QBs left have 5 Superb Owls between them tjhough Luck doesn't have any (unless he's got one stuck his hobo beard)

I'm going with pedigree. And the fact that somehow Aaron Pawdgers' calf is in even worse shape this week than last.

Seahawks and Patriots win by double digits.

Yeah, I'm on the same page. All chalk this weekend. I'd love to see the underdogs rise up here, but I can't really see it. I'm just hoping we get at least one competitive game.

Ray Lewis isn't the only retired player who says stupid things when people put a microphone in front of him.

Not only does Terrell Owens think he can still play football at age 41, but he also thinks he'd be one of the NFL's top receivers if he returned.

In an interview with SI.com this week, Owens said that if he signed with a team right now, he could be a "1,100 to 1,200-yard type of receiver."

"I trained with a lot of guys prior to this season," Owens said. "Guys like Antonio Cromartie and some guys from the Jets and they're like, 'Dude, why aren't you playing? You should be playing.'"

T.O. does have an alternative this year: The Veteran Combine scheduled for March 22.

I'm sure the NFL would just love for TO to go to the Veteran's Combine, it would triple their ratings.

Unfortunately, in the real world, no team really wants a wide receiver who is twelve years past his prime, has terrible hands, and isn't even a particularly fast tight end anymore. But at least TO still believes he'd be a top 12 receiver. TO has never said anything so honest as "I love me some me."

Does anyone know if you can edit thread titles? I meant to title it The Road to the Superb Owl. Kind of looks like I'm skipping over the Championship round.

I believe you can do it in Full Editor from your first post. Also, could you add NFL somewhere in there? It makes searching for them later easier.

So 49ers dysfunction is reaching Redskins/Bears dumpster fire levels. I heard the following adjectives used to describe Jim Tomsula's opening press conference (and subsequent one on one interview with Matt Maiocco) "nervous", "uncommunicative", "hostile" and "flop sweat". Here's a video of it. And apparently he's been campaigning for this job for the last year and a half. Dude is Janos Slynt made flesh.

More than that, while one Shanahan, Kyle, has taken his name out of consideration for the OC position (either because "oh dear God, no, not another young QB without the slightest hint of pocket presence" or "oh dear God, no, not another organizational train derailment"), another Shanahan (Mike) is interested in being the OC there. Read that again: Mike Shanahan. 3 time head coach with two rings. And he's gonna come back as a lowly coordinator and work for that mouth breather? Really? More like he'll wait for Tomsula to fall on his face and "inherit" the head coaching job on a team that's bursting at the seams with talent.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying. This is not what we call an encouraging start to a new era of 49ers football.

ETA: Manhole, you'll want to use the full editor to change the thread title in the opening post.

ETA2: BTW, here's the list of coaches who became head coaches with no prior coordinator or head coaching experience: Mike Tice, Raheem Morris, Tom Cable, Jim Zorn and Mike Munchak. And now.....Jim Tomsula. Good group.

ETA: Manhole, you'll want to use the full editor to change the thread title in the opening post.

I've been having issues with the board lately. The ads on the left often push that Tower of the Hand graphic to the right, which prevents me from being able to click on posts. I have to refresh multiple times in order to get the page to load correctly. Anyway, when I attempt to do this in full editor, the page never seems to refresh properly. I'll keep trying.

Thanks, Jaime. Finally managed it.

So 49ers dysfunction is reaching Redskins/Bears dumpster fire levels. I heard the following adjectives used to describe Jim Tomsula's opening press conference (and subsequent one on one interview with Matt Maiocco) "nervous", "uncommunicative", "hostile" and "flop sweat". Here's a video of it. And apparently he's been campaigning for this job for the last year and a half. Dude is Janos Slynt made flesh.

Kind of looks like they took Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force and slapped a suit on him...

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/carl-aqua-teen-al-davis_zpsd5349f96.jpg.html

That was painful to watch.

He's going to spend 30 seconds trying to say 1 word on the field to his QB, and by then the play clock will be at 0.

That was painful to watch.

He's going to spend 30 seconds trying to say 1 word on the field to his QB, and by then the play clock will be at 0.

"I would not say that. I wouldn't say it either." -- Jim Tomsula

"You cannot change the stripes of a leopard." -- Emmitt Smith

"I would not say that. I wouldn't say it either." -- Jim Tomsula

"You cannot change the stripes of a leopard." -- Emmitt Smith

LOL

I could bring up some Jerry Jones quotes, but nobody wants to hear about him and his glory hole days...oh what the heck, everybody wants to hear that, for those who didn't know....

"I’ve been here when it was glory hole days and I’ve been here when it wasn’t," Jones said. "Having said that, I want me some glory hole."

Greatest quote ever? I think so.

Archived