Road to the NFL Superb Owl: Who Will Claw Their Way Back?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Am in India, will be on a plane for the games, which is some bullshit. But, give me the Colts and Seahawks, although I think/worry the Colts might paper-tiger their way out of the game.

The name of that reality show maybe "Hardknocks". I mean, we're not a serious franchise any more, so why the fuck not?

Smoke weed, talk shit like Lane Kiffin...

Jesus Christ. I doubt even the Pony Queen can explain this away.

There are those who hate us. I do not doubt that this monstrosity was the work of the great serpent, Rockroi.

The name of that reality show maybe "Hardknocks". I mean, we're not a serious franchise any more, so why the fuck not?

I've never watched HardKnocks before, and I had zero interest in doing so when it was the Falcons. Is it usually any good?

There are those who hate us. I do not doubt that this monstrosity was the work of the great serpent, Rockroi.

I've never watched HardKnocks before, and I had zero interest in doing so when it was the Falcons. Is it usually any good?

To me it seems rather formulaic, usually centered around each pre-season game and the "dreams" of young players battling to make an NFL roster.

At times it takes HBO awhile to get a team to agree to being filmed so usually most of the stuff you get is pretty much what the team wants you to see. Still, there can be some interesting tidbits (Chad Ochocinco with Miami was kind of bizarre). Basically, if you like football it's worth a look.

Watch the Jets season. COMIC GOLD.

Agreed.

Particularly liked Rex Ryan's opening fucking speech where he fucking tells the team how fucking good they were and how fucking good they are going to be and what is fucking expected of them because they are the New York Fucking Jets!

I've been meaning to respond to the Jerry Jones discussion in the last thread. DG pointed out that JJ was bound to go back to Full Jerry since he won the Exec of the Year award. Normally I would agree wholeheartedly but Jerry's recent statements have made me think twice.

The question is, what is Full Jerry? It's not going out and spending a bundle on UFA's. That's Full Snyder. No, Full Jerry is re-signing his own FA's to huge deals and not caring about the future cap ramifications. Howdy posted an article where Jerry stated it might be difficult to keep both Dez and DeMarco. They can if Jerry goes Full Jerry and pays them full market price but that will put them in future cap issues again because they also have a bunch of other guys on the team that are FA's. It's sounding like, though, that Jerry is going to play hardball and only sign Murray to a deal that protects the team cap wise if Murray starts to break down like heavy workload RB's will do.

Here's a good article on how Jerry is perhaps changing and how that it's good news. I'll point out that this writer is usually very critical of the Cowboys. He's no homer .http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12176739/jerry-jones-changes-ways-good-dallas-cowboys

No difficulty for me picking the Pats over the Colts. NE is simply the better team playing on its home field.

The same logic should apply to GB vs Seattle. Add to it Rodgers being badly hobbled and its a no brained. I'm going to let my emotions get the better of me on this one and go with Green Bay, with an injured AR putting on a performance for the ages (which is what they would need to win).

Archived