GoT creators confirm R+L=J, sort of

If the book endgame involves R+L=J then it'll be in the show at some point.

The show and the books are going to have the same endgame- sure the path is going to be somewhat different and yes, some characters have been left out/killed off/merged for the sake of economy but it's going to be more or less the same ending. I don't see the show having X on the IT at the end up while GRRM has Y.

If R+L=J is, in fact cannon, D&D will know of it and will work it in if Jon has more story left to tell/he is relevant to said endgame. The character may indeed be dead. Until WoW we won't know. If he has been killed off then I don't see D&D adding in R+L=J at this point, but if the character is alive, then who knows?

Remember, R+L=J is still just a theory. A popular theory, but one that has no real official standing.

How? is everything the same in both media? How many of the nods to R+L=J in the books have been in the show?

Does the show need to be a mirror image of the books? Details differ and in some cases by quite a margin but the major events have still taken place.

Does the show need to be a mirror image of the books? Details differ and in some cases by quite a margin but the major events have still taken place.

Up to now, but the likelihood is the show will finish before the books. So don`t be surprised if future major events in the show do not match the last 2 books. Otherwise TWOW and ADOS will have the preface `based on the screenplay of HBO show game of throne`

Up to now, but the likelihood is the show will finish before the books. So don`t be surprised if future major events in the show do not match the last 2 books. Otherwise TWOW and ADOS will have the preface `based on the screenplay of HBO show game of throne`

So the argument is that up to now the major events have played out but will not in the future. How to you reach that conclusion? All I am aware of is that Martin has told the D&D the broad strokes of what he intends to write but not each and every little detail. The way I see it is if RLJ is proven or disproved in the show then that outcome will be true for the books as well.

So the argument is that up to now the major events have played out but will not in the future. How to you reach that conclusion? All I am aware of is that Martin has told the D&D the broad strokes of what he intends to write but not each and every little detail. The way I see it is if RLJ is proven or disproved in the show then that outcome will be true for the books as well.

No the argument is major events in the tv show and last 2 books might not play out the same. All i am saying is don`t take tv show reveals as gospel

Ser Brandon Badwater, on 29 Jan 2015 - 5:15 PM, said:snapback.png

Even if R+L=J in the HBO show it won`t mean it will in the books

Wrong.

Sadly, I think Ser Brandon might be right. George definitely plans to reveal R+L=J in the books, no doubt about that, but I no longer believe he'll ever get to the point.

Why use VB database notation? != is much more common standard.

The recordset!field notation is an Access thing, Access macros are in VBA. Mostly I don't like the three keystroke not equal.

≠ is hard to find.

Again:

Polo by Ralph Lauren:

R(alph) + L(auren) = Polo

Yes. It's a joke.

In no world is a Polo Player a Jockey, and in no world is Jon Show associated with Jockeys or Polo Players.

To presume he meant RLJ(on) because a Jockey has the same first letter as Jon is silliness. It's not a Jockey.

How? is everything the same in both media? How many of the nods to R+L=J in the books have been in the show?

Rewatch the show and tell me that they haven't set up R+L=J. They've mentioned Rhaegar a dozen times, and Lyanna quite a few times, too. The story of Rhaegar and Lyanna is exactly the same as the books. We have Ned calling Jon his "blood", and absolutely refusing to kill Dany.

The show has set it up. They aren't going to change something as important as Jon's parentage without absolutely changing the story. And they aren't doing that. Details change, but the overall story has stayed the same.

The recordset!field notation is an Access thing, Access macros are in VBA. Mostly I don't like the three keystroke not equal.

≠ is hard to find.

!= is used in Java and Python. I like it because it essentially says "not equal" where as <> leaves one to infer "not equal". Putting ≠ on the keyboard somewhere might make life easier. [emoji2]

Rewatch the show and tell me that they haven't set up R+L=J. They've mentioned Rhaegar a dozen times, and Lyanna quite a few times, too. The story of Rhaegar and Lyanna is exactly the same as the books. We have Ned calling Jon his "blood", and absolutely refusing to kill Dany.

The show has set it up. They aren't going to change something as important as Jon's parentage without absolutely changing the story. And they aren't doing that. Details change, but the overall story has stayed the same.

Didn't D&D say "no prophecy, no flashbacks" somewhere? Without that there isn't so much support for rlj. To my memory, R&L are only mentioned in passing, Robert's rebellion is hardly mentioned and never the Harrenhall tourney. There could be more mentions them I remember, but I'd wager that the average unsullied wouldn't know who Reagar is

Didn't D&D say "no prophecy, no flashbacks" somewhere? Without that there isn't so much support for rlj. To my memory, R&L are only mentioned in passing, Robert's rebellion is hardly mentioned and never the Harrenhall tourney. There could be more mentions them I remember, but I'd wager that the average unsullied wouldn't know who Reagar is

We are diverging from book discussion at this point; but, there will be flashbacks this season.

And yet we have the prophecy for AAR.

And TSTMTW.

And

Maggie the Frog- which will also be a flashback

And we also have Bran, who can see into the past, present or future.

Archived