[BOOK SPOILERS] Changes for Season 5

I_Might_Be_God

I don't think Show Sansa could work as a copycat of Jeyne. It would also make sense for Roose to know her - he should have gone to Winterfell on occasion (but then again, Show Sansa had never left Winterfell before traveling to King's Landing).

So, while in a Sansa at Winterfell scenario, Sansa will have to physically deal with Ramsay and that is a shitty role to have, I don't see her begging for help to Theon or getting fucked by dogs. More likely, I could see her manipulating Ramsay into, for instance, giving Myranda to the dogs. Show Sansa and Littlefinger have more of a duo than a villain and lackey relationship as in the books. So, assuming Sansa at Winterfell with Littlefinger at Winterfell as well, I could see both of them plotting and working together from different positions as they compete with each other as well ("I know what you want" "I'll have it" "No, not yet" "etc, etc").

I think a Sansa at Winterfell scenario provides better drama than the other alternatives, but we've yet to see what D&D have come up with. For all we know, her arc could be pure filler.

I think the Sansa at Winterfell thing could work because, as you say, Sansa may be getting married to Ramsay, but Roose wouldn't let Ramsay harm her since the marriage provides an army. Jeyne only provided a hope of solidifying his control on the North. People hear Sansa as fArya and freak because they think Sansa would take on all the aspects of that role, but it is really just the marriage part that she would assume.

I think the Sansa at Winterfell thing could work because, as you say, Sansa may be getting married to Ramsay, but Roose wouldn't let Ramsay harm her since the marriage provides an army. Jeyne only provided a hope of solidifying his control on the North. People hear Sansa as fArya and freak because they think Sansa would take on all the aspects of that role, but it is really just the marriage part that she would assume.

Not to mention, that Sansa being married to Ramsay raises the stakes in the Stannis vs. The Boltons storyline.

If Brienne ends up with Sansa, there would be an opportunity for her to get her 'revenge' against Stannis for killing Renly?

Dany flying off on her dragon and Jon getting apparently stabbed to death aren't sufficient climaxes?

They aren't climaxes, they are cliffhangers. They don't resolve any conflict. Conflict resolution is what a climax is about.

They aren't climaxes, they are cliffhangers. They don't resolve any conflict. Conflict resolution is what a climax is about.

So the Night's watchmen planning to assassinate their new lord commander and executing that play isn't a conflict resolution?

The Sons of the Harpy openly attacking Dany at her wedding and driving her out of their city isn't a resolution of that conflict?

And how about the WoS? Not a conflict resolution either?

So the Night's watchmen planning to assassinate their new lord commander and executing that play isn't a conflict resolution?

The Sons of the Harpy openly attacking Dany at her wedding and driving her out of their city isn't a resolution of that conflict?

And how about the WoS? Not a conflict resolution either?

What was resolved at Mereen because of Dany's flight? Or at the Wall? The conflicts are the battles for Winterfell and Mereen and neither is resolved by Jon and Dany's demises.

What was resolved at Mereen because of Dany's flight? Or at the Wall? The conflicts are the battles for Winterfell and Mereen and neither is resolved by Jon and Dany's demises.

It doesn't resolve who wins the Game of Thrones either, but that doesn't mean it's not a conflict resolution. Yes, of course there are larger conflicts going on that will have their own resolutions, but that doesn't mean these aren't the climaxes for season 5.

I think season 6 will start off with Dany convincing the Dothraki to help her in Mereen, and hopefully with the Iron born setting sail, and then the Battle of Mereen will be finished somewhere around episode 4, then they leave for Westeros, and season 6 likely ends on Dany's arrival there.

At the same time early in season 6 you'll have the Battle of Winterfell, and my guess for season 6 will be the wall falling and the Others and their Wights heading south.

Meanwhile in the south, you'll have the Aegon/Trystane skirmishes, and I think he could be on the throne when the stuff in the North happens and when Dany arrives.

I feel like I'm the only one that wants Dany to go with the Khal and head east, to Asshai. Perhaps she can learn something amazing there, keep going east.....and wind up in the Iron Islands or in Oldtown to begin her assault upon Westeros.

Maybe stick with the Aegon plot in Westeros, then have Dany meet up with Aegon, and somewhere Jon shows up. Dance of the Dragons 2.

It doesn't resolve who wins the Game of Thrones either, but that doesn't mean it's not a conflict resolution. Yes, of course there are larger conflicts going on that will have their own resolutions, but that doesn't mean these aren't the climaxes for season 5.

I think season 6 will start off with Dany convincing the Dothraki to help her in Mereen, and hopefully with the Iron born setting sail, and then the Battle of Mereen will be finished somewhere around episode 4, then they leave for Westeros, and season 6 likely ends on Dany's arrival there.

No, neither one of those resolved conflict or are climaxes. They're just cliffhangers. Jon's death creates a conflict, namely the battle happening around him, and then Martin just leaves the Wall. That's a cliffhanger. Same thing with mereen. He ends right when the battle begins. That doesn't resolve anything. Neither are climaxes, they're just incredibly shitty book endings.

There's no way they don't have at least one of the major battles this season. They have a limited budget; and battles are expensive. They can't afford to have one every other episode next season. If they leave the dance battles til next season they won't be able to do the major battles that Winds is definitely going to have.

There's absolutely no way one of the battles doesn't happen. It's unrealistic to hope otherwise.

No, neither one of those resolved conflict or are climaxes. They're just cliffhangers. Jon's death creates a conflict, namely the battle happening around him, and then Martin just leaves the Wall. That's a cliffhanger. Same thing with mereen. He ends right when the battle begins. That doesn't resolve anything. Neither are climaxes, they're just incredibly shitty book endings.

There's no way they don't have at least one of the major battles this season. They have a limited budget; and battles are expensive. They can't afford to have one every other episode next season. If they leave the dance battles til next season they won't be able to do the major battles that Winds is definitely going to have.

There's absolutely no way one of the battles doesn't happen. It's unrealistic to hope otherwise.

I think you're underestimating how much the Pit scene, the Hardhome scene, and the WoS are going to cost to film. Those are three major events.

Next season is basically the battle at Winterfell and the battle in Mereen, with perhaps a third event at the wall.

I think you're underestimating how much the Pit scene, the Hardhome scene, and the WoS are going to cost to film. Those are three major events.

Next season is basically the battle at Winterfell and the battle in Mereen, with perhaps a third event at the wall.

In this

Stannis appears with blood on his face, so I think the Battle of Winterfell is in this season. And I agree that Daznak will, at least partially resolve the Meereenese conflict.

After the Harpy being taken down shot, I'm thinking maybe Dany will go Fire and Blood in Meereen in the end already without having to go to the Dothraki Sea to have her epiphany. But that would mean her next Dothraki plot is cut and that is a major change, I guess.

Daznak and Hardhome will be very expensive and use lots of CGI. Why is the WoS going to be costly?

After the Harpy being taken down shot, I'm thinking maybe Dany will go Fire and Blood in Meereen in the end already without having to go to the Dothraki Sea to have her epiphany. But that would mean her next Dothraki plot is cut and that is a major change, I guess.

I actually assumed the Harpy shot was coming early - a symbol of Dany dismantling the old regime. I was guessing it could even be the opening shot of the Dany story, as a pretty good symbol/summary of what she's done so far in Meereen.

Daznak and Hardhome will be very expensive and use lots of CGI. Why is the WoS going to be costly?

Lots of extras and apparently the logistics of the narrow winding streets made it nearly impossible to get large camera equipment through there. Plus Headey has lots of tatoos, not sure those can be covered entirely by makeup, they may have to CGI some of it out.

I actually assumed the Harpy shot was coming early - a symbol of Dany dismantling the old regime. I was guessing it could even be the opening shot of the Dany story, as a pretty good symbol/summary of what she's done so far in Meereen.

I think something needs to prompt it since she has been sitting in Meereen for awhile now.

In this

Stannis appears with blood on his face, so I think the Battle of Winterfell is in this season. And I agree that Daznak will, at least partially resolve the Meereenese conflict.

Stannis may participate in Hardhome, or it is possible that they do go ahead and have the battle of Winterfell this season, but I really think the battle of Mereen will be next season, and this year will simply be Dany flying away on Drogon.

In this

I hope we get the Battle of ice this season. I'm sick of thinking about the Pink Letter and what has/could/did/didn't/will happen.

Has anyone come across the rumors on Reddit coming from extras on the set that they are changing Jon's death scene? And he will die at Hardhome and then be carried off by the WW to the Lands of Always Winter (Assumption)?

IIRC a poster who had a total number of 1 post started it, most likely he was trolling and now other trolls are spreading it further.

Archived