[BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS] Has the show peaked?

Zyxw

Average viewers:

Season 1 –2.515

Season 2 – 3.795

Season 3 – 4.966

Season 4– 6.846

Season 5– 6.694

With the last two episodes, it's a good bet that season 5 with surpass season 4, so I don't think the show has peaked.

We are talking about quality not tv ratings, my opinions is that this show peaked in Season 3

First, you book purists are complaining that show has peaked, then complain when viewership is getting back to normal. Lol'd

Well first of all, peaking in quality and peaking in ratings isn't the same. While Hardhome was a fair bit better than the rest of this season, I don't have high hopes that it's the start of a consistent resurgence in quality so I would definitely say that the show has peaked in that respect. And so far as viewership goes, it wasn't looking good last week and it had been going downhill all season. Wasn't unreasonable to think that it wasn't going to recover.

Well first of all, peaking in quality and peaking in ratings isn't the same. While Hardhome was a fair bit better than the rest of this season, I don't have high hopes that it's the start of a consistent resurgence in quality so I would definitely say that the show has peaked in that respect.

Hardhome is nothing but a big fancy fighting scene, other than that it is nothing good, I hate any scene inside that temple of black and white, and can not stand the conversation between Tyrion and Danny either

Hardhome is nothing but a big fancy fighting scene, other than that it is nothing good, I hate any scene inside that temple of black and white, and can not stand the conversation between Tyrion and Danny either

It was a big fancy fight scene, but at least big fancy fight scenes are fun to watch. I liked Arya's story and Cersei's scenes but hated Winterfell and Meereen. And the battle was fun to watch but flawed and a waste of valuable resources. So I'm about 50/50 on this episode.

This season started off slow, just like the books, but last night's episode was probably my favorite of the entire series. It hasn't peaked for me.

Season 5 has nothing to do the book, so please stop sayting that

Season 5 is, lets say loosely, adapted from AFFC and ADWD, no matter how much is altered from page to screen that people like or dislike. And while I don't mind the books, they do start slow and plod along for the most part so I would tend to agree that season 5 parallels the books in that aspect

Season 5 is, lets say loosely, adapted from AFFC and ADWD,

Loosely? You mean faith, Danny/Tyrion, Dorn, North, the Wall in season 5 indeed have some similarity other than their name to their counterpart in the novel?

Season 5 has nothing to do the book, so please stop sayting that

Yes it does. The Vale storyline was cut, but all the other plots are the same. Cersei vs. Margarey vs. the Faith, Stannis marches on Winterfell, Jon is bringing the wildings South against the wishes of the senior members of the Watch, Tyrion travels to Meereen with Jorah, Jaime's character development, the Sand Snakes' attempt to start a war with the Lannisters are foiled by Doran, Arya's training with the Faceless Men, Robert Strong, etc.

I love it when people complain that books are ponderous and slow. It's such a generational thing. No wonder World War Zardhome was such a popular episode.

Compared to the first 3 books, you don't think the last two have a slower pace? Oh, and I have never seen or read World War Z...

Yes it does. The Vale storyline was cut, but all the other plots are the same. Cersei vs. Margarey vs. the Faith, Stannis marches on Winterfell, Jon is bringing the wildings South against the wishes of the senior members of the Watch, Tyrion travels to Meereen with Jorah, Jaime's character development, the Sand Snakes' attempt to start a war with the Lannisters are foiled by Doran, Arya's training with the Faceless Men, Robert Strong, etc.

Yeah, Sansa married to Ramsay, Stannis marched to Wintefell with completely different plan and companies, Cersei drama played out under entirely different circumstance with utterly unconvincing religious fanatics, there is no siege of Meereen, Danny is just playing stupid, Tyrion makes no sense. the Dorn plot has no a shred of similarity to the book, and do not even let me start with Jon and wildlings and that fancy Night's King. Sure despite that, the other plots are the same

Yeah, Sansa married to Ramsay, Stannis marched to Wintefell with completely different plan and companies, Cersei drama played out under entirely different circumstance with utterly unconvincing religious fanatics, there is no siege of Meereen, Danny is just playing stupid, Tyrion makes no sense. the Dorn plot has no a shred of similarity to the book, and do not even let me start with Jon and wildlings and that fancy Night's King. Sure despite that, the other plots are the same

It's exactly the same except in those parts that are different which is most of the parts.

The plots are the same, the execution is different, so saying the show has nothing to do with the books is incorrect.

Season 5 is, lets say loosely, adapted from AFFC and ADWD, no matter how much is altered from page to screen that people like or dislike. And while I don't mind the books, they do start slow and plod along for the most part so I would tend to agree that season 5 parallels the books in that aspect

You left out the bold part, so yeah loosely based.

Loosely? You mean faith, Danny/Tyrion, Dorn, North, the Wall in season 5 indeed have some similarity other than their name to their counterpart in the novel?

I'm not defending changes done on the show, some I like, some I don't. Yeah they combine/invent/change storylines but the basis of those is off of AFFC and ADWD.

Compared to the first 3 books, you don't think the last two have a slower pace? Oh, and I have never seen or read World War Z...

Well of course that they arent have slower pace. Books 4 and 5 are focused on different characters and that may be a problem for you but it isn't for me. But to say that they are slower is just not true. At least book 5 definitely isnt while book 4 is but just little.

Archived