Sansa/Young Griff

valar_morghuliss

Hmm, Sansa and Aegon.... It could work, if not for the following:

1. His name is fAegon. He's not a Targaryen;
  2. LF and Varys are near mortal enemies, no way in the seven hells will they have their protégés marry the other;
  3. Sansa has a different game to play. She is no longer yearning for that knight in shining armour to come save her, she will want to be able to save herself and become a major player in Westeros;
  4. fAegon will probably not be able to expand his conquest (a lot), he will be unmasked as an imposter quite soon.

This is hardly rosy- given that Aegon is going to go up against Dany (and this will not end well for him) Sansa marrying him would also not end well for her.

We could see a stark backing each claimant- Sansa-Aegon, Arya/Dany, and Rickon/Stannis.

It would be suitably tragic and horrible, for the Starks, the claimants, and the Realm (no one is fighting the Others in the middle of this..) especially given all three claimants are not exactly evil or unviable. Which is why I think GRRM would do it. I think Dany/Arya "win" this confrontation then have to deal with the Others over the bodies.

Could add another Stark/Targ combo with Bran Stark backing Jon Snow/Targaryen but likly that pair would concentrate on the Others.

• His name is fAegon. He's not a Targaryen;
  • LF and Varys are near mortal enemies, no way in the seven hells will they have their protégés marry the other;
  • Sansa has a different game to play. She is no longer yearning for that knight in shining armour to come save her, she will want to be able to save herself and become a major player in Westeros;
  • fAegon will probably not be able to expand his conquest (a lot), he will be unmasked as an imposter quite soon.

1, Can still happen

2. Yes they are enemies but this whole theory relies on Littlefinger being dead which is very likly.

3. Marrying a (supposed) Targaryen who is on a direct course for the throne is a pretty good power play

4. Sansa may do the unmasking.

Sansa is already married. As a strong(?) theory suggests, Tyrion could be one of the heads of the dragon. If that theory holds up, Sansa is in a pretty powerful position. It's true, as somebody mentioned above, that Sansa no longer wants the Gallant, Handsome Prince - Tryion might well end up pleasing her - and I mean that emotionally.

Of course, that marriage could be easily annulled by a "King" so it's not unreasonable to think that Tryion could live, but Aegon/Dany/Stannis/Tommen/etc void that unconsummated marriage. If/when that happens, it will be purely to benefit that "King". I don't see a situation where this would happen, except for perhaps Stannis using Sansa.

Imo, the day Aegon takes the throne is the day Dany lands in Westeros/Dragonstone, paralleling Aegon coming ashore at Kings Landing the day Harren took up residence in Harrenhall.

I like this idea and it could very well happen. We've seen time and time again that history has a way of repeating itself in Westeros.

sure. he's network is compromised (the kettleblacks) and he's on the edge of givin bronze Yohn a LEGIT reason to kick him out (the anarchy of the riverlands)

LF's spy network predates the Kettleblacks. They showed up rather late in the game, while LF has had informants as good as anybody else's as far back as AGoT.

1. His name is fAegon. He's not a Targaryen;

LF and Varys are near mortal enemies, no way in the seven hells will they have their protégés marry the other;

Sansa has a different game to play. She is no longer yearning for that knight in shining armour to come save her, she will want to be able to save herself and become a major player in Westeros;

fAegon will probably not be able to expand his conquest (a lot), he will be unmasked as an imposter quite soon.

1. The chances on his not being real are 50-50. Until the text says he's not a Targ, he's a Targ.

2. I disagree. We don't know that they are enemies at all, but if they are, what better way to up the gamesmanship than to go head to head like that? It will be like a dance without dragons to see who is truly the greatest player. Varys will win, of course. Which leaves LF with dying. I can live with that.

3. Sansa stands a much better chance of surviving marriage to a king without her girlish dreams, and being queen will give her the ability to become a major player, get out from under LF's power, and determine her own future.

4. Agreed that his conquest won't be huge, but I don't think he'll be unmasked as an imposter. Quite frankly, I'm not sure he is one. Either way he's a goner. But how long he lives yet depends on when Dany gets her dragons to Westeros. If he's "unmasked" at all, it may not be until after he's dead.

LF's spy network predates the Kettleblacks. They showed up rather late in the game, while LF has had informants as good as anybody else's as far back as AGoT.

the kettleblacks are a strike against LF that hurts he lost his direct ear to the regent and the goldcloaks. and not to mention it compromises the father, who knows way too much for LF safety

True. I just figure LF would come up with a way if it's necessary. Maybe holding Daddy Kettleblack hostage to keep the boys in line.

how? these guys are in dungeon and are being TORTURED.

I'm quite sure daddy kettleback has already taken all his belongings and get the hell outta there.

considering this guys knows LF i wouldn't surprised if he also didn't rat out LF to the small council.

how? these guys are in dungeon and are being TORTURED.

considering this guys knows LF i wouldn't surprised if he also didn't rat out LF to the small council.

As far as I know the only Kettleblack being tortured is the one Cersei slept with.

Now let's look at credibility. If, as you say, all three boys are in the dungeons, who is going to believe them? And who is going to believe the father of three criminals? Besides which, Cersei's/Tommen's small council will be gone by the time Aegon takes the throne, and why would Aegon or JonCon or anyone else on that side listen to them? LF left. He'll probably claim it was as soon as he found out there was a true Targaryen he could support.

LF is not going to get sunk by House Kettleblack. His end comes either from himself, Sansa, or Varys. I lean toward Sansa using the strangler on him. She still has that hairnet you know.

As far as I know the only Kettleblack being tortured is the one Cersei slept with.

Now let's look at credibility. If, as you say, all three boys are in the dungeons, who is going to believe them? And who is going to believe the father of three criminals? Besides which, Cersei's/Tommen's small council will be gone by the time Aegon takes the throne, and why would Aegon or JonCon or anyone else on that side listen to them? LF left. He'll probably claim it was as soon as he found out there was a true Targaryen he could support.

LF is not going to get sunk by House Kettleblack. His end comes either from himself, Sansa, or Varys. I lean toward Sansa using the strangler on him. She still has that hairnet you know.

and kevan threw the other two in the black cells

well if three persons indipendently "sing" the same song. lets be honest hat would raise a good couple of questions.

I too don't think The Kettleblack will sink LF but it might/will be a crippling blow to LF. and sansa will land the last nails in the coffin, but I think the one to kill will be Obara sand (the illegitimate daughter of a prince and a whore kills this bastard son a bitch)

and kevan threw the other two in the black cells

well if three persons indipendently "sing" the same song. lets be honest hat would raise a good couple of questions.

I too don't think The Kettleblack will sink LF but it might/will be a crippling blow to LF. and sansa will land the last nails in the coffin, but I think the one to kill will be Obara sand (the illegitimate daughter of a prince and a whore kills this bastard son a bitch)

That's almost poetic. I love it!

First off, I strongly doubt that Littlefinger will ally with Varys-or that Varys would ally with Littlefinger.

It would certainly go in with the tragedy that befell the Starks though, especially since I think Rickon/Jon will be on Stannis's side and Arya/Bran as wildcards. Bran and Jon are more linked to the others, but each have links to being dragonriders as well, which personally puts them in with Dany.

Anyways, Littlefinger is consolidating bis control over the vale, but he hasn't established himself yet, and he has basically no power in the Riverlands and even less in the North despite Sansa. Even though she's a Stark, I think the true tragedy for her will be when she gets back to rebuild Winterfell, all of the Northmen will despise her (and her southron scheming ways. Not bashing her, but that's how Northmen are). Littlefinger will die the moment he steps foot past the Neck so...Aegon allying to that ship is pretty unlikely.

• 1 month later...

You've done a pretty good job! Even though I still suspect Aegon to be a fake, your examples are pretty neat, well done!! The only problem is... It's sounds so much happy-go-lucky. As a lovely speculation it is, I doubt Martin would go down the 'happily ever after' rout.

Archived