Sansa/Young Griff

valar_morghuliss

All of ASoIaF seems to be boiling down to Littlefinger vs Varys. The show did a pretty good job of throwing that in our face. In that regard you can look at Aegon being Varys ultimate play and Sansa being Littlefinger's. So the chances of them getting together are about zero, but them being on opposite sides of the fight? Yes definitely.

Yeah, agreed. No way those two let their own protégés anywhere near each other. Plus Varys plan seems to be focusing more on the South at this point, while Littlefinger seems to be focusing more on the North. I think by the end of WoW, Varys will basically control the South, LF the North (in name at least), with Tyrion coming in as the wild card against overwhelming odds.

A Sansa match still makes a lot of sense for Aegon, though. And if their interests align the two will most definitely be working together.

This won't stop them from possibly trying to limit each other's influence/kill one another later, but I do not think they would have any real objections to cooperation so long as their interests align. In fact it might almost be refreshing for them to be working with "rational actors" so to speak.

I disagree. While there is no way LF or Varys allow this match, I think the last place on the planet Sansa wants to step foot in again is King's Landing. I really think the only reason she's going along with the Harry the Heir is that LF has promised her that that is her only way to get back to Winterfell, so she's going along with it. Sansa's motive is to get back to Winterfell, and all Aegon can do for her is enslave her back in King's Landing.

Yeah, agreed. No way those two let their own protégés anywhere near each other. Plus Varys plan seems to be focusing more on the South at this point, while Littlefinger seems to be focusing more on the North. I think by the end of WoW, Varys will basically control the South, LF the North (in name at least), with Tyrion coming in as the wild card against overwhelming odds.

Actually putting their proteges together and seeing which one ends up controlling the other would be the ultimate battle between two men who almost always have others doing their work for them.

As you say, Varys is looking south, while Petyr seems to be looking north. But it only makes sense to combine the two so that eventually one of them controls it all. Sadly for both, the Others are going to make their little game pointless no matter which way they move.

1. The chances on his not being real are 50-50. Until the text says he's not a Targ, he's a Targ.

2. I disagree. We don't know that they are enemies at all, but if they are, what better way to up the gamesmanship than to go head to head like that? It will be like a dance without dragons to see who is truly the greatest player. Varys will win, of course. Which leaves LF with dying. I can live with that.

3. Sansa stands a much better chance of surviving marriage to a king without her girlish dreams, and being queen will give her the ability to become a major player, get out from under LF's power, and determine her own future.

4. Agreed that his conquest won't be huge, but I don't think he'll be unmasked as an imposter. Quite frankly, I'm not sure he is one. Either way he's a goner. But how long he lives yet depends on when Dany gets her dragons to Westeros. If he's "unmasked" at all, it may not be until after he's dead.

1. the "text" doesn't say he is a targ, we just see people's beliefs and opinions.

2.I agree LF and varys would totally work with and against each other i am just not sure the plans will allow it.

3. kings and the families seem to have a higher mortality rate than the average high lord of a single kingdom.

4. i think dany could get there and he could still have a long life after and i could see her not getting her and him dying before that.

All of ASoIaF seems to be boiling down to Littlefinger vs Varys. The show did a pretty good job of throwing that in our face. In that regard you can look at Aegon being Varys ultimate play and Sansa being Littlefinger's. So the chances of them getting together are about zero, but them being on opposite sides of the fight? Yes definitely.

I kind of disagree part of me thinks it's all for show, remember the dagger in the beginning of the plan for both Little Finger and Varys they were working together to send Catelyl Stark after Tyrion I won't be one bit surprised if those two are working together.

There is an outside chance that Varys is Targ and LF is a Plumm through the female line which we also know were 100% Targ from Viserys Plumm on.

I definitely agree with this, as I've mentioned in this thread:http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/116126-5-reasons-why-i-think-a-sansaaegon-match-is-coming/

People often bring up Littlefinger and Arianne as evidence against this theory, but I think the former will be defeated by then and Sansa's storyline will organically flow into Aegon's. As for Arianne, I think she could be more interesting in the role of spurned suitor, as Quentyn, and so she could be a nice wildcard rather than just being Aegon's bride

I also think Sansa and Aegon's interaction could be super ironic. It would be just like GRRM to give Sansa the perfect handsome prince when she no longer wants him. I think she's grown and matured a lot, but Aegon remains kind of naive and sheltered. So he would be kind of like aGoT-Sansa, and I think that would be an interesting relationship

I think Aegon/Sansa could happen, partially because its such a game changer. If GRRM is bringing his POVs geographically closer, like he inferred, then there will be a lot of new interactions and relationships being built. I also think an Aegon/Sansa match will have a big effect on Jon. Whether Aegon is legit or not, he still claims to be Jon's brother (if R+L=J) and if he's sniffing around to marry Jon's cousin/half-sister, that would force Jon to face his identity and his ambitions. Aegon/Sansa would force alliances and build conflict between the Starks and the Targs (and the guy who may be half of both).

• 1 month later...

This match is a terrible idea.. it would ensure a violent, early death for Sansa. I'd rather her not marry (f)Aegon.

Totally agree. Although most point out that Aegon (whether fake or real) already had Dorne because Elia is his mother, marrying Arianne Martell finally gives Sunspear the Dornish Queen of the 7K they were denied because of the tragedy of Robert's Rebellion.

Also, although I think Aegon's likely not Rhaegar and Elia's son, what does it matter? If Varys/Illyrio's scheme and Aegon's own merits convince people, then he's Aegon for all intents and purposes. (And if he's a Blackfyre, he may likely even pass the dragon test.)

It should happen. Polar opposite of Joff. This Aegon guy actually is what Sansa used to dream about as she played junior miss lady games. The Joff was gallant on the outside and rotten within; this one's name will be demonized by outsiders who'll tell you he's some kind of Blackfyre monster out to destroy the world, and only those who get close enough to him will sense his inner light shining upon them to proove there's nothing in a name. What matters is what kind of person wears the name. And Sansa will know full well how meaningless a name is, having been hollow as a Stark and then finding meaning as a nobody. So they'll meet halfway as they both find their way back to the truth. They're the ones who won't give up on each other? They're each fakers in a way, each other's opposite number, and they'll meet at the time and place when things get real, including them.

That's how I see it anyway. Ordinarily in the real world I'd say things look bad for Daenerys with Dorne siding against her, but you know what's actually going to happen? Dorne has backed the wrong horse due to their own ineptitude. They haven't earned their revenge, certainly, so I don't think they're going to get it. They're going to get the smackdown like the cursed SOBs they are; they'll crumble and get washed away when their guy Aegon's true identity is revealed and the tide turns against him. The thing is, though.... Dany is the slayer of lies, not of gallant young heroes----and Aegon ISN'T the liar here. The schemers are the liars. I think I see Aegon coming out of this intact. Dany reveals his Fyre blood, thinking she's got to discredit him, and then, before or after or during, she gets to know him. And she likes him the way everyone else does who meets him.

Something along the lines of, "Hey, we're the dragons. We're both real, and we're the only family we both have left. The rest of these players are the paper people we mustn't let jerk us around any longer! Let's not repeat history (the Field of Fire) just because some fools want us to!" I say he survives his own regime's implosion! On dragonback, into exile with Dany or into the hidden passages beneath KL with Sansa (guided there by Arya Cat), or however it goes. And then he earns his way back into the people's hearts by saving their ASSES during the Ragnarok battle in which crowns (and pedigrees) no longer matter. And by then Daenerys is likely dead from heroics. --> Clear path for Sansa to be Queen & Griff Jr. the First of that Name as your finale king. Then, in the epilogue, they hump while Arya watches in disgust from behind the wall with the spy holes cut into a tapestry.

Archived