Why did Robert pardon Gregor

Have you read the books? Khal Drogo wasn't going to invade westeros until Robert sent assassins to kill daenerys (who was a child, don't care what any one else says a 13 year old is a child IMO) and her unborn child. Even if drogo gave viserys 10,000 dothraki I doubt they would have followed someone they laughed at and considered weak across water that they're terrified of. Robert (not the marriage agreement) convinced Drogo to invade westeros.

Sorry not assassins, but rewards to people who killed her

Yet what Robert learned by his spy is that Drogo married Dany in order to invade Westeros which is the truth. Drogo would had invade Westeros later than sooner.

Daenarys is 13 years old in book 1. Adult enemy? She's a 13 year old girl that got married on the far side of the ocean. Just face it: Robert had a genocidal mentality against the Targaryens.

She had her moon blood aka she wasn't a child anymore, she was an adult who actively participated in a conspiracy to invade Westeros with a horde of barbarians. Also Defending Dany by saying that someone else had commited genocide? DANY? The same woman who actually killed and tortured children?

Yet what Robert learned by his spy is that Drogo married Dany in order to invade Westeros which is the truth. Drogo would had invade Westeros later than sooner.

He had her moon blood aka she wasn't a child anymore.

Robert's agents were looking for the last Targaryens well before the marriage. You guys just aren't accepting the facts about the usurper.

Robert's agents were looking for the last Targaryens well before the marriage. You guys just aren't accepting the facts about the usurper.

Ok yet again. His spies were there before the marriage. How else he could had an eye on them? But the fact from the books is that he sent them to kill her when she actively became the enemy. It's all in the books. Do you disagree with the books?

Have you read the books? Khal Drogo wasn't going to invade westeros until Robert sent assassins to kill daenerys (who was a child, don't care what any one else says a 13 year old is a child IMO) and her unborn kid. Even if drogo gave viserys 10,000 dothraki I doubt they would have followed someone they laughed at and considered weak across water that they're terrified of. Robert (not the marriage agreement) convinced Drogo to invade westeros.

Sorry not assassins, but rewards to people who would kill her

yes, i´ve read them, if you were Robert and the news comes that Daenerys Targaryen married Khal Drogo what would you think?? Are all the council members who advised Robert idiots who just wanted to kill her out of thin air?? Or would you believe they married out of pure love with blessing from the good Viserys Targaryen??

If Nato were that naive we would be in serious trouble... he had spies on the targs to see if they would act violently towards westeros, if they lived peacefully no one would have wanted them killed... Robert was THE KING, if he wanted them killed he would have done so way before AGOT

Ok again yet again because it seems that I wasn't clear. Rhaegar's children were children, MadKing's spawns were adults. Robert had the chance to kill MadKing's spawns before Dany got pregnant but he didn't and the claim that he didn't because of JonA is just bs since her was the King and he could had done it no matter what JonA would had said.

Utter bs. He had no reason to go against Tywin. There is nothing to do with goodness. You do not go against your most powerful High Lord for something that a.had to be done, b.happened before Robert took the crown and c. there was no way of fixing it.

Being children or adult don't make a difference if he considered them threats. At that point Dany didn't even plot anything. Don't forget Dany is no more than a child at that point.

I believe Ned would have done something about the murder of the kids even if it is going against Tywin if he was king. So what I think is bs.

You seem to contradict yourself. You say the murders had to be done, yet argue that Robert wouldn't have done it.

Just mentioning this to Robert fans who are saying that Robert had to kill daenerys and her unborn child because they were a threat, if you remember Robert said that he shouldn't have listened to his councillors but instead to ned. Why because she was a CHILD.

She had her moon blood aka she wasn't a child anymore, she was an adult who actively participated in a conspiracy to invade Westeros with a horde of barbarians. Also Defending Dany by saying that someone else had commited genocide? DANY? The same woman who actually killed and tortured children?

She actively participated in the conspiracy at that point of the story? Are we even reading the same books? Here I thought she began to actively participate only after knowing the plot to kill her. So for judging Dany at that point of story we have to consider her future actions as well.

She actively participated in the conspiracy at that point of the story? Are we even reading the same books? Here I thought she began to actively participate only after knowing the plot to kill her. So for judging Dany at that point of story we have to consider her future actions as well.

You do remember why she married Drogo right?

Just mentioning this to Robert fans who are saying that Robert had to kill daenerys and her unborn child because they were a threat, if you remember Robert said that he shouldn't have listened to his councillors but instead to ned. Why because she was a CHILD.

By deffinition in ASOIAF once a girl flowers she is a woman not a child. Just like Lyanna was a woman and not a child when Rhaegar had sex with her. Why Dany at 13 was a child and the people of 12 who Dany killed aren't children?

Being children or adult don't make a difference if he considered them threats. At that point Dany didn't even plot anything. Don't forget Dany is no more than a child at that point.

Again in ASOIAF she isn't. Once she has flowered she is an adult.

I believe Ned would have done something about the murder of the kids even if it is going against Tywin if he was king. So what I think is bs.

You mean the same Ned who had took a 7ish years old hostage and would had killed him without a moments hesitation?You can believe whatever you want, I believe I might be a pretty butterfly. Does that mean that I am one?

You seem to contradict yourself. You say the murders had to be done, yet argue that Robert wouldn't have done it.

Yes he wouldn't. JonA would had done it, Hoster would had done it, Tywin would had done it, Mace would had done it.

This back and forth is going nowhere...

Then, put yourselves in Robert´s shoes, you are the king, you receive the news of dany´s marriage and pregnancy to KHAL DROGO the Dothraki Overlord with Viserys in aswell, after spying on them with NO intention to kill... you recieve the news...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Then, put yourselves in Robert´s shoes, you are the king, you receive the news of dany´s marriage and pregnancy to KHAL DROGO the Dothraki Overlord with Viserys in aswell, after spying on them with NO intention to kill... you recieve the news...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Send them my own head as wedding gif because OMG DAAAAAGHNY!!!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

It's not the issue. Anyone can justify anything, especially in regards to war crimes. There isn't a war criminal in human history who didn't have reasons, often centered around the ends justifying the means.

The point is that you Robert fans are trying to have your cake and eating it too. You want to portray Robert as a drunken version of Eddard just because you like him. It isn't the case. Robert would of killed Rhaegar's children, just like he wanted to kill Daenarys and her unborn son.

He might not have done it like The Mountain did, and may have done it more quietly, but he still would of done it.

Tywin's forces doing it was political theater, so the "heroic rebel" didn't have to get his hands dirty. It's no different than one nation out sourcing torture to another so they can pretend they're moral in the sight of its people.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Nothing because dothraki don't like water. Personally I wouldn't like to piss of a khal. And if anyone remembers what jorah said, dothraki couldn't take the weakest castle in the 7 kingdoms, sure they would have targ loyalists in westeros but I would try and gain as many alliances as possible before the came. Meaning the Tyrells. Not the best of plans but better than killing a 13 year old in hopes an army won't invade westeros, that in fact were never planning to

It would have been a good political move for Robert to have executed Ser Gregor and Amory Lorch, since it's not as if Tywin would have much to complain about since he married his daughter, and spared his son from either execution or the Wall. But Robert was stupid and he had that well known falling out with Ned because of it.

It's not the issue. Anyone can justify anything, especially in regards to war crimes. There isn't a war criminal in human history who didn't have reasons, often centered around the ends justifying the means.

The point is that you Robert fans are trying to have your cake and eating it too. You want to portray Robert as a drunken version of Eddard just because you like him. It isn't the case. Robert would of killed Rhaegar's children, just like he wanted to kill Daenarys and her unborn son.

He might not have done it like The Mountain did, and may have done it more quietly, but he still would of done it.

Tywin's forces doing it was political theater, so the "heroic rebel" didn't have to get his hands dirty. It's no different than one nation out sourcing torture to another so they can pretend they're moral in the sight of its people.

Would of???? Are we going that road? Because you think so, and i don´t... and you know the reason Robert AND THE COUNCIL opted for the hit decision...

You may like him or not but there´s his actions and there´s what people believe he would do... the latter is fan fiction

This is a questionable assertion. Before the assassination attempt on Dany's life, she was urging Drogo to invade Westeros. The assassination attempt helped to change Drogo's mind. But, I would argue that the assassination attempt was not the only casual factor in getting Drogo to rape, murder, and enslave that Lhazereen village.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

If you have no intention to kill, why spy on them?

So she was pregnant with some horselord's child in a far away land across the sea. I would try to know more about them their strengths and weaknesses. I would try to know how they plan to cross the sea and try to prevent them from getting ships. I would make alliances with people from Westeros as well as Essos. Most important point I would not send assassins to kill the pregnant wife of a powerful horselord who has a large army and anger him. It is foolish.

Archived