Why did Robert pardon Gregor

I don't care about what he hadn't done in Elia's case. He hadn't killed her or hadn't order their death and that is enough for me. He had no obligation to investigate what happened since it happened before he take the Throne and to the people from his enemy's side. The people to blame are Rhaegar, Aerys, Tywin and Gregon. The end.

Seeing as Elia was a princess of dorne, one of the seven kingdoms he was supposed to rule, then yes he did have an obligation to investigate her death. Like tywin said she was nothing by herself and there was absolutely no reason for her to die. And yet she did. Therefore it should have been investigated.

Seeing as Elia was a princess of dorne, one of the seven kingdoms he was supposed to rule, then yes he did have an obligation to investigate her death. Like tywin said she was nothing by herself and there was absolutely no reason for her to die. And yet she did. Therefore it should have been investigated. And Robert very likely knew who killed her and the manner it was done in.

No Elia was Rhaegar's wife and both the Targs and Dorne were his enemies. If he had to investigate that which is plain idiocity he had to investigate what the Rebels' armies had done too. Is this possible? Why Elia, the enemy, and her children deserve something more than the rest of Westeros?

No Elia was Rhaegar's wife and both the Targs and Dorne were his enemies. If he had to investigate that which is plain idiocity he had to investigate what the Rebels' armies had done too. Is this possible? Why Elia, the enemy, and her children deserve something more than the rest of Westeros?

He didn't have to investigate the rebels armies too. He could have done what tywin did with amory lorch and said he did it by himself. Also oberyn was going around dorne trying to continue the rebellion. It was idiotic to not punish gregor

He didn't have to investigate the rebels armies too. He could have done what tywin did with amory lorch and said he did it by himself. Also oberyn was going around dorne trying to continue the rebellion. It was idiotic to not punish gregor

So don't investigate when it come to common people but do investigate about rich people because obviously they are the only people who need so called justice and deserves much more things than the others. Who gives an eff about the common people who have no one to protect them. Right ok.

And now I said about common people; Do you remember about which brotherhood was originally protecting and helping the smallfolk and who they said that fight for?

So don't investigate when it come to common people but do investigate about rich people because obviously they are the only people who need so called justice and deserves much more things than the others. Who gives an eff about the common people who have no one to protect them. Right ok.

And now I said about common people; Do you remember about which brotherhood was originally protecting and helping the smallfolk and who they said that fight for?

Yes Robert, but I didn't mean the smallfolk shouldn't be protected. I meant when the death of a women and her children has the potential to continue a rebellion someone should DEFINITELY be punished for it

Yes Robert, but I didn't mean the smallfolk shouldn't be protected. I meant when the death of a women and her children has the potential to continue a rebellion someone should DEFINITELY be punished for it

:bs: . If someone is projustice they have to be projustice for everyone and not only for rich people.

Also we have seen in the books that Elia's death had no effect on Robert's rule. Someone can distort the text all he wants but is a fact that is that in the books the Martells never said that they hate Robert in any way.

:bs: . If someone is projustice they have to be projustice for everyone and not only for rich people.

Also we have seen in the books that Elia's death had no effect on Robert's rule. Someone can distort the text all he wants but is a fact that is that in the books the Martells never said that they hate Robert in any way.

If Robert didn't die it wouldn't stop the martells plan of helping the targaryens and getting the justice that they wanted. And what would of happened it the targaryens took the throne, house baratheon would be wiped out. Meaning the martells were helping house baratheon being destroyed. So yes if things hadn't turned out the way the have elia's death would of had a MASSIVE impact on Roberts rule.

If Robert didn't die it wouldn't stop the martells plan of helping the targaryens and getting the justice that they wanted. And what would of happened it the targaryens took the throne, house baratheon would be wiped out. Meaning the martells were helping house baratheon being destroyed. So yes if things hadn't turned out the way the have elia's death would of had a MASSIVE impact on Roberts rule.

Then I find it quite weird why the Martells sent anykind or help to the Targs only after Robert's death. It's in the books both the timeline and the fact that they have never said anything against Robert. If you want to disagree with the books it's ok.

Then I find it quite weird why the Martells sent anykind or help to the Targs only after Robert's death. It's in the books both the timeline and the fact that they have never said anything against Robert. If you want to disagree with the books it's ok.

Because they weren't going to lend help until viserys got an army. Why? Cause doran martell is a cautious man who's smart enough to release dorne can't help win the throne alone. He sent quentyn because viserys was dead and he was looking for another marriage alliance.

Remember that dorne offered to help viserys when dany was like 5 or younger

Because they weren't going to lend help until viserys got an army. Why? Cause doran martell is a cautious man who's smart enough to release dorne can't help win the throne alone. He sent quentyn because viserys was dead and he was looking for another marriage alliance.

Remember that dorne offered to help viserys when dany was like 5 or younger

That was Oberyn. Oberyn wanted to help them Doran wants to use them. We see from the timeline that everything in Dorne were started to *move* after Robert's death and seeing ho nobody from Dorne had said anything bad about Robert then even my 6 yo niece would had understood that 1+1=2.

That was Oberyn. Oberyn wanted to help them Doran wants to use them. We see from the timeline that everything in Dorne were started to *move* after Robert's death and seeing ho nobody from Dorne had said anything bad about Robert then even my 6 yo niece would had understood that 1+1=2.

Remember when arianne said Robert was a monster who climbed onto his throne over the corpses of dead children. Ha. And the only reason things started to move was because up till viserys death the targaryens didn't have much going for them, it started to move because daenerys finally became head of the house and brought more and more power to the targaryens

Oberyn Martell arranged the marriage before Robert was dead. It's possible that marriage pact was made even before Joffrey was born.

Arianne Martell was not allowed to marry a whole host of Lords while Robert was alive as she was always intended to marry Viserys, who would then replace Robert.

Even Quentyn, we dont know how long Yronwood and Doran were preparing him to go to the Targs in Essos. It may well have been planned while Robert was still alive.

Remember when arianne said Robert was a monster who climbed onto his throne over the corpses of dead children. Ha. And the only reason things started to move was because up till viserys death the targaryens didn't have much going for them, it started to move because daenerys finally became head of the house and brought more and more power to the targaryens

Remember when Arianne's plan ended at Myrcella's most definitely death? Or do you remember almost ever Dornish are mad with Tywin and no one, except maybe Arianne, with Robert? Do you remember LadyNym's speech about revenge?

Oberyn Martell arranged the marriage before Robert was dead. It's possible that marriage pact was made even before Joffrey was born.

Only he hadn't cared for them for the last 17ish years. If he wanted Robert's demise why they hadn't done anything at all?

Arianne Martell was not allowed to marry a whole host of Lords while Robert was alive as she was always intended to marry Viserys, who would then replace Robert.

Wrong. She was allowed but she had offers that it was certain that she would decline.

Even Quentyn, we dont know how long Yronwood and Doran were preparing him to go to the Targs in Essos. It may well have been planned while Robert was still alive.

I am the only one who see a difference between planning something for the far future and actually doing something? The fact is that even if there were plans they only did something after Robert's death.

Rather stupid plan if you ask me if that's the case. Just look how unprepared Quentyn was to survive in Essos. He didn't even speak the language or know the land. Ohh there was a Measter with him that did, but Doran never in his wildest dreams thought the Measter would be killed, lol

I'm not even going continue this argument. Martells don't like Robert. Case closed

Except from Arianne no one else told that hence "Martells don't like Robert" is a fanfiction. Also no one said that Martells like Robert. People are saying that they not hate them. There is a difference between not hate him and like him.

Wrong. She was allowed but she had offers that it was certain that she would decline.

It's not wrong.

I had to be seen to try to find a consort for you once you'd reached a certain age, else it would have raised suspicions, but I dared not bring you any man you might accept. You were promised, Arianne."

Promised? Arianne stared at him incredulously. "What are you saying? Is this another lie? You never said . . ."

"The pact was sealed in secret. I meant to tell you when you were old enough . . . when you came of age, I thought, but . . ."

He had already promised her to someone else. She was offered to Edmure Tully and her father rejected the match. She tried to sneak off to marry Willas and her father caught her before she could leave Dorne.

Doran purposefully stopped her from marrying as he had already agreed her marriage to Viserys, as Doran was planning on Viserys taking back the Throne from Robert Baratheon.

It's not wrong.

He had already promised her to someone else. She was offered to Edmure Tully and her father rejected the match. She tried to sneak off to marry Willas and her father caught her before she could leave Dorne.

Doran purposefully stopped her from marrying as he had already agreed her marriage to Viserys, as Doran was planning on Viserys taking back the Throne from Robert Baratheon.

Again. It isn't that she wasn't allowed. Doran brought her terrible choices. If she wasn't allowed Doran wouldn't had done anything.

Also as I have said more than once he wanted to take the Throne from Tywin's family.

Archived