Why did Robert pardon Gregor

Would of???? Are we going that road? Because you think so, and i don´t... and you know the reason Robert AND THE COUNCIL opted for the hit decision...

You may like him or not but there´s his actions and there´s what people believe he would do... the latter is fan fiction

It's an easy road to go down. Did Robert have the Mountain beheaded for raping the Princess, cutting her in half, bashing her infant son against the wall and killing her daughter? Or did he pardon the crime and forget it ever happened?

This is a questionable assertion. Before the assassination attempt on Dany's life, she was urging Drogo to invade Westeros. The assassination attempt helped to change Drogo's mind. But, I would argue that the assassination attempt was not the only casual factor in getting Drogo to rape, murder, and enslave that Lhazereen village.

Of course it wasn't. The Dothrakis are a horde of barbarians who rape, murder and pillage.

Also if I recall correctly way before the assassination attempt Dany was talking about what she would do in order to create her son's KG after he becomes the King. Which means that she doesn't only planning to invade Westeros but also to take Viserys' throne too.

Nothing because dothraki don't like water. Personally I wouldn't like to piss of a khal. And if anyone remembers what jorah said, dothraki couldn't take the weakest castle in the 7 kingdoms, sure they would have targ loyalists in westeros but I would try and gain as many alliances as possible before the came. Meaning the Tyrells. Not the best of plans but better than killing a 13 year old in hopes an army won't invade westeros, that in fact were never planning to

- the water issue is a belief too weak for you to outlook an invasion, if that was the case Viserys wouldn´t have dany married to drogo

- you can´t assume the invaders wouldn´t take a castle, no one thought the nazis were going to wreck pretty much everyone, and even if they couldn´t what about the people including children that they would kill and violate during the invasion?? Do they count or not?

- robert already had an alliance with the Reach, they bent the knee, but 100,000 savage warriors cannot be stopped without a lot of deaths( men, women, and children)

- killing a girl that was participant with VISERYS´s plan of invasion, and married to the Overlord of a 100,000 warrior clan, or did she not support her brother??

So she didn't knew that she married Drogo because Drogo would give Viserys his army to invade Westeros?

So her abusive brother forcing her to marry some horselord so he could gain an army means her actively conspiring? That is called being a pawn.

So in other words, they're like Tywin's forces who were pardoned by Robert for securing him his throne?

http://www.allmystery.de/dateien/rs65400,1283089249,godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

Seriously have you got any idea what happens during war? I thought that it was obvious that the war wasn't fought with unicorns, hugs and ice cream.

So in other words, they're like Tywin's forces who were pardoned by Robert for securing him his throne?

Well, perhaps, yes. But, the analogy even gets better. After, witnessing the atrocities committed at the Lhazareen Village, Dany makes a similar statement to what Robert made after being told about the death of Elia and her children.

That is :bang: mixed with :bs: . Spying means that he wanted to kill them? So when a spouse spies on the other to see what (s)he is doing means that (s)he wants to kill him or her?

He wouldn't spy on his enemy if he don't consider them threats. If he considered them threats he wouldn't hesitate to kill them. So saying he spied on them with NO intentions to kill is BS.

He wouldn't spy on his enemy if he don't consider them threats. If he considered them threats he wouldn't hesitate to kill them. So saying he spied on them with NO intentions to kill is BS.

Ok this is beyond ridiculous. Of course he was intended to kill them once they became a thread. Isn't that what Ned would had done if Balon became a thread again?

http://www.allmystery.de/dateien/rs65400,1283089249,godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

Seriously have you got any idea what happens during war? I thought that it was obvious that the war wasn't fought with unicorns, hugs and ice cream.

I take no issue with this. My issue is with people pretending the angelic King Robert, with a halo around his head, would have left Rhaegar's children alive. I think you guys are twisting Robert into what you want him to be, when the text says otherwise.

Robert wasn't a moral man. He was a drunk, a fornicator, and, in the word of Eddard, trembled before the shadow of a child half a world away.

By his own words he admits he would kill every Targaryen alive, simply because he was slighted by Lyanna, and then would "piss on their graves."

You guys claiming that he was some angel above killing children seems to me ridiculous in your arguments. Flowered or not, 13 years old is a child. Ned calls his own eldest son a child when Varys informs him he rallied his bannerman to ride to his rescue. Just because someone is capable of getting pregnant and ready for marriage by the laws of Westeros, doesn't mean they're an adult.

She was a pregnant girl, half a world away, and the slob-King sent assassins after her.

He would of killed Rhaegar's children, and gave a full pardon to the men who did, brutally at that.

I take no issue with this. My issue is with people pretending the angelic King Robert, with a halo around his head, would have left Rhaegar's children alive. I think you guys are twisting Robert into what you want him to be, when the text says otherwise.

That is what people said in the books, that Robert knew that they had to die but he wouldn't be able to do it. Do you disagree with the books? Heck even Barristan calls Robert a good man.

Robert wasn't a moral man. He was a drunk, a fornicator, and, in the word of Eddard, trembled before the shadow of a child half a world away.

So someone who drinks or have sex means that he is a bad man.

By his own words he admits he would kill every Targaryen alive, simply because he was slighted by Lyanna, and then would "piss on their graves."

I have told to 3 people today that they should go to hell and rot there. I only can guess that I am a devil reincarnated.

Just because someone is capable of getting pregnant and ready for marriage by the laws of Westeros, doesn't mean they're an adult.

Yes it does. In Westeros once you flower you are not a child anymore.

She was a pregnant girl, half a world away, and the slob-King sent assassins after her.

She was an adult who actively considering to take the Throne for her son most likely killing her brother in the process.

He would of killed Rhaegar's children, and gave a full pardon to the men who did, brutally at that.

Just like Ned would had killed Theon without a hesitation too.

That is what people said in the books, that Robert knew that they had to die but he wouldn't be able to do it. Do you disagree with the books? Heck even Barristan calls Robert a good man.

Where does it say this? All I saw it say was that it was better for Robert's image that someone else did it for him, AKA political theater.

So someone who drinks or have sex means that he is a bad man.

Yes, a leader who spends 24 hours a day so slobbering drunk he doesn't even know where he is in his wife's bed, and who fathers 16 bastard children all over Westeros, and flirts and gropes maids in front of his queen, is what I would call a "bad man."

I have told to 3 people today that they should go to hell and rot there. I only can guess that I am a devil reincarnated.

Weak.

Yes it does. In Westeros once you flower you are not a child anymore.

By law.

She was an adult who actively considering to take the Throne for her son most likely killing her brother in the process.

Robert didn't know what she was saying. All he knew was that she married a Horse Lord.

while Robert is a little less evil than Gregor, Robert is at his most evil when drunk(what he did to Cersei). If Robert would of done his own dirty work and went to kill Elia's two kids while he was drunk, would he have done the same type of things the Mountain did.

Where does it say this? All I saw it say was that it was better for Robert's image that someone else did it for him, AKA political theater.

“Far be it from me to question your cunning, Father, but in your place I do believe I’d have let Robert Baratheon bloody his own hands.”

Lord Tywin stared at him as if he had lost his wits.“You deserve that motley, then. We had come late to Robert’s cause. It was necessary to demonstrate our loyalty. When I laid those bodies before the throne, no man could doubt that we had forsaken House Targaryen forever. And Robert’s relief was palpable. As stupid as he was, even he knew that Rhaegar’s children had to die if his throne was ever to be secure. Yet he saw himself as a hero, and heroes do not kill children.”

Weak.

Not according what you say so far.

By law.

By culture, In medieval society you cannot have the same standars as we have today. If we use the same standards Rhaegar would be in the prison because he had sex with a teen, Dany would be in the prison for mass murdering and torturing people and so on.

Robert didn't know what she was saying. All he knew was that she married a Horse Lord.

No. All he knew was what his spies had told him which was that she married Drogo in order to invade Westeros.

Yes, a leader who spends 24 hours a day so slobbering drunk he doesn't even know where he is in his wife's bed, and who fathers 16 bastard children all over Westeros, and flirts and gropes maids in front of his queen, is what I would call a "bad man."

That is by far the most insulting, racist and disgusting thing I have ever read around here. So someone who suffers from alcoholism or a sex addict is a bad man? People with mental disorders are bad people?

After that I don't want to be involved with this discussion anymore.

while Robert is a little less evil than Gregor, Robert is at his most evil when drunk(what he did to Cersei). If Robert would of done his own dirty work and went to kill Elia's two kids while he was drunk, would he have done the same type of things the Mountain did.

Robert isn't a little less evil than Gregor. He's not evil at all, IMO.

What exactly he did to Cersei? Because the only thing we can be sure about is slapping her. Slapping someone makes you evil? Lol ok.

Archived