How many Freys deserve to die?

I would execute main preparators, sent other who knew to the Wall, some women who knew to Silent Sisters. I would give Perwyn, Olyvar and Alesander small keep in the Riverlands and take Twins from House Frey and give it to Mallisters or new branch of House Tully.

I would execute main preparators, sent other who knew to the Wall, some women who knew to Silent Sisters. I would give Perwyn, Olyvar and Alesander small keep in the Riverlands and take Twins from House Frey and give it to Mallisters or new branch of House Tully.

Bad idea to give to Mallisters. Too OP. Or Tully's either. Frey vassals? Erenford don't seem like they did anything. Haigh did, Nayland are only landed knights and probably then Charlton who throughout history don't seem trustworthy but who knows. I don't think Perwyn and the others deserve keeps (likely get House Rosby anyway) since not murdering someone is not heroic.

I'm pretty sure Fair Walda was also complicit, with the seduction she was doing, but her involvment is about the same as Roslin (lyn?) that she doesn't deserve death. Silent sisters though, there was a never Frey who asked for that more.

Who did Fair Walda seduce?

Who did Fair Walda seduce?

Robb's guards. Alyx and Walda sit next to Robin Flint and Jon Umber. They are referred to as the more nubile maidens.

If they weren't there to distract his guards then I don't know why they were there, unless to seduce and guilt Robb. Anyway, they knew. Silent sisters.

Robb's guards. Alyx and Walda sit next to Robin Flint and Jon Umber. They are referred to as the more nubile maidens.

If they weren't there to distract his guards then I don't know why they were there, unless to seduce and guilt Robb. Anyway, they knew. Silent sisters.

Nope. Not silent sisters. They have no blood on their hands.

No blood because they did nothing, which is exactly why they are guilty. Silent sisters.

And I thought I was being lenient!

What should they have done? Possibly get their family killed by warning the Northmen to save someone that disrespected them? Run away and live out the rest of their lives as smallfolk (if they get past the cutthroats and bandits)? Should Margaery be forced to join the silent sisters?

Bugger the King, thinking he can do wherever he wants, breaking promises, threating Black Walder, shaming Walder Frey... Someone stood up agaisnt a King and i loved. Kings always think they are absolute and full of self-righteousness.. So thanking you Walder Frey for being crazy old fool... Robb was all sweet and apologetic because his cause was lost and needed Frey army back, the king just got humbled big time... Forever.
A lot of Frey deserves to die.. but we shall see how this is going to turn out.. should be very interesting...

Guest right is a bullshit law. The Reyne's are extinct because there was only 15 of them and they opposed Tywin. No northerner will be marching south to get revenge for their family, and its unlikely and riverlord either. By the time winter is over there will have been 5 more lord Frey's and one Lady Frey with 20 others dead. By then it will be too late for punishment, unless there are ones complicit in RW still alive, who I expect will be executed, and probably the maester.

If Stannis matches south you don't think extinction of the Freys would be the North's asking price? I mean The Twins is a castle that's on the way just after Moat Cailin.

Guest rights is a Westeros thing, and a thing the North makes a big deal about. It might be bullshit in our world but not on their world.

If Stannis matches south you don't think extinction of the Freys would be the North's asking price? I mean The Twins is a castle that's on the way just after Moat Cailin.

Guest rights is a Westeros thing, and a thing the North makes a big deal about. It might be bullshit in our world but not on their world.

To bad he can't. There are at least 3 Freys in the Vale and a half Frey in the west. They are beyond his reach.

Excellent. Let's achieve justice by killing children, maesters, and people who had nothing to do with it.

This is Westeros, This is Westeros! A nice lovable man like Robert Baratheon does nothing when presented the bodies of the Targaryen kids, hell he even wanted to kill another one over seas. The Freys have tainted cursed blood, they single handedly destroyed an army, and they assumed the Stark male line as well. Do you think the lords of the Riverlands & the North are just going to let this go for a couple of heads?

Ah yes, the standard genocidal nutjobs always reappear for these threads. Talking about Nuremberg gets more than a bit ironic, to be honest.

Let's exterminate the entire House!

But what about the Vances, the Goodbrooks, and other houses married with the Freys? They'll want revenge!

Kill them too!

But what about the Houses related to the Vances, and the Goodbrooks? What about the Tyrells, who broke guest right when they murdered Joffrey?

Kill them too!

Why not just kill everyone, and invade Poland, grow your nails long, blow up King's Landing and be done with it?

Sheesh, don't exterminate the Others, don't exterminate the Freys, don't exterminate Dothraki...

Politically correct party poopers...

Exterminate the Freys (the ones who are part of Walders household), pardon their bannermen, to the houses married with Freys give them bit of Frey lands. Though I doubt that even they will weep for them.

Example needs to be made!

EDIT: And invade the Stepstones, because of why not. :)

Robb couldn't take the Twins with 20k, there is not a chance that the rabble that follows Stannis will be able to.

Robb certainly would have been able to. This ain't Storm'End. The problem is that it would have taken time that Robb didn't have and the author didn't provide him with an unlocked back door like he did for Dany at Mereen to solve the dilemna.

If he had the time, Robb could simply have set up camp, built siege engines like trebuchets and pounded at the tower for a couple of weeks until it breached, stormed the place, then repeat for the other tower. Except by then Riverun would have fallen and his 20K men would have eaten through their logistic supplies and he would have lost the war against the Lannister before it started so it wasn't an option. If whoever wins the North in the end is an enemy of the Frey and if they are politically isolated at that point, then someone can take down the twins at his leisure. All it takes is the time and ressources, and much less at that then taking down Storm's end.

Robb certainly would have been able to. This ain't Storm'End. The problem is that it would have taken time that Robb didn't have and the author didn't provide him with an unlocked back door like he did for Dany at Mereen to solve the dilemna.

Well Robb and his generals disagree with you.

One glance was sufficient to tell Catelyn that the castle would not be taken by storm. The battlements bristled with spears and swords and scorpions, there was an archer at every crenel and arrow slit, the drawbridge was up, the portcullis down, the gates closed and barred.

The Greatjon began to curse and swear as soon as he saw what awaited them. Lord Rickard Karstark glowered in silence. "That cannot be assaulted, my lords," Roose Bolton announced.

"Nor can we take it by siege, without an army on the far bank to invest the other castle," Helman Tallhart said gloomily. Across the deep-running green waters, the western twin stood like a reflection of its eastern brother. "Even if we had the time. Which, to be sure, we do not."

Now Robb with his 20k of the best Northern soldiers could not take it in Summer, there is not a chance that Stanns and 7k could take it in Winter.

Now Robb with his 20k of the best Northern soldiers could not take it in Summer, there is not a chance that Stanns and 7k could take it in Winter.

You think it's a magic castle where the people inside eat no food and were the walls swallow trebuchet projectiles to make themselves stronger?

With enough time, you can pound the tower into a ruin. They didn't have time. Note that pounding the wall until it crumbled was not one of the option mentioned. Besieging it and thus taking the castle intact also takes tons of time and you need to walk around the river to put troops on the other side as they mentioned. They flat out didn't have the time to make a good go at it. That's what any good castle do, it doesn't make the Twins unusually hard to take if you put your mind to it and have the time and ressources.

Archived