I Don't Think Tyrek Lannister is Dead

Tiggy4Real

I've been gone awhile so I don't know if anyone touched on this or not, but hear me out:

So with Tywin dead, and Jaime being firmly a Kingsgaurd, the next person to get Casterly Rock should have been Cersei, right? Because Tyrion committed patricide (and is convicted of regicide), and Kevan Lannister has taken control of the family and displaced Cersei as Tommen's Regent. However, with Kevan dead Cersei now gets to be Regent again, but Myrcella is basically stuck in Dorne. Also, Lancel has given up all his titles, and Willem and Marten Lannister are dead, and Janei Lannister will more than likely be passed over. So, the next person in line should be Tygett Lannister, right?

I have no idea if Tygett is alive or not, but I do know who his heir is: Tyrek Lannister.

Now, I've always been a fan of asking "Whatever happened to Tyrek Lannister?", but it wasn't until I really looked at the Lannister Lineage chart in TWoIaF that I really realized how good of a pawn he is. Admittedly, when he was kidnapped, Tyrek was still pretty useless, but, if you're someone who thinks far enough out, he's still a good piece. I doubt anyone banked on Tyrion killing Tywin or Lancel giving up his titles, but a good opportunist would know that killing Tyrek would be a waste. Lannisters always repay their debts so the original idea had to be to ransom him, but they didn't. And GRRM is really good for those gruesome reveals, so I refuse to believe he just let this one kid disappear without so much as a "they found his body hanging/stuffed/displayed in Cersei/Tyrion/Tommen/Joffrey/Myrcella's (insert randome place to hide a body)".

I think Tyrek Lannister was kidnapped by either Varys or Littlefinger, and will be revealed as a pawn to control Casterly Rock in the sixth book.

It's just way too coincidental. I was ready to sit down and accept that we would just never know what happened to him. Then TWoIaF comes out with these family trees, and it makes such a big deal about how sons will inherit before daughters everywhere except Dorne. How can this not be a thing?

It's really not that hard to believe someone of the Faith was at Lancel's bedside while he was healing whispering about how he needs to atone for his sins. Who's to say that the person wasn't partially paid by the same person who had Lancel. Tywin's murder probably gave them a new opportunity.

I'm just saying, Tyrek Lannister being dead without so much as a "how did he die" does nothing for the story. Tyrek Lannister being kidnapped and hidden until a better opportunity for his use comes along does a lot of things for the story. I think this particular Lannister is still alive and being primed to take Casterly Rock for his masters.

LF needs Tyrek more than Varys. I believe if anyone has him, LF does. There was even a theory on that at some point. That would tie well with Sansa revealing herself at her wedding with a little Tyrek as her ward. Slam. Another kingdom taken. My bet is that Lyn Corbray is keeping him "safe" for LF. He likes little boys (creepy).

The Heir to The Rock is more than likely who Cers just named Warden of The West...

Mr. Daven Lannister

He is getting ready to marry a Frey as a result of the RW and is going along with it willingly as he knows what happened to Robb.

For the little we know about him, he is a competent commander and Lord Tywin really, really liked him.

His father is Stafford Lannsiter, who is Joanna's oldest brother and cousins with Lord Tywin as well.

Daven is the one who wanted to lead the force in the Riverlands at the onset of Wo5K, but as Lord Tywin answered, "some tasks are better suited for dogs and goats."

I do not think he will do anything major or important, just looks like he is heir to The Rock at this point...

LF needs Tyrek more than Varys. I believe if anyone has him, LF does. There was even a theory on that at some point. That would tie well with Sansa revealing herself at her wedding with a little Tyrek as her ward. Slam. Another kingdom taken. My bet is that Lyn Corbray is keeping him "safe" for LF. He likes little boys (creepy).

Now I think Littlefinger had him originally, simply because he had held on to Jeyne Poole for so long. Varys killing Kevan makes think that Varys had somehow managed to get his hands on Tyrek.

He'll be the Perkin Warbeck of the series(although I personally believe "Warbeck" was actually Prince Richard)

Aegon takes King's Landing. Tommen is killed. Late in the last book, Tyrek shows up claiming to be Tommen, son of Robert and heir to the throne. Some Stormlords and Westlanders will rise for him.

No, no, no. The Lannister prisoner "killed" by Lord Karstark will show up claiming to be Tommen. Haven't you been watching the series?

Tyrek's claim is better than his.

but nobody knows where he is, LOL...and presumed dead

if Tywin and Tyrion could not find him, he will not show up until whomever took him wants him to be found...

so with his status as MIA, i do not see how his claim is better than Davens who was the main cog in brokering the Red Wedding.

without Daven's marriage to a Frey, Lord Walder never agrees.

That's a good point, but Daven could only get Casterly Rock if Tygett Lannister is definitely dead. As long as Tygett is alive, whoever has Tyrek still has a chance. However if Tygett is dead, then Daven get's the Rock and the Lannisport Lannisters are now the main branch

Daven is not of the Lannisport branch, he is of the main branch... the Lannisport Lannisters are a more distant cousin relation to the main branch. That branch didnt just spring up with Tywin's uncle, Jason Lannister in the 230's AC.

Furthermore, Rosamund Lannister, Myrcella's handmaiden, is of the Lannisport branch and if you look at the family tree in WOIAF, Rosamund is not listed.

Also, from the WOIAF:

"within a few generations Lann's (Lann the Clever) descendants had grown so numerous that even Casterly Rock could not contain all of them. Rather than tunnel out new passages in the stone, some sons and daughters from lesser branches of the house left to make their homes in a village a scant mile away."

.................. "Soon enough the village grew into a town, then a city: Lannisport"

After this sentence they directly mention the Lannisters of Lannisport. And as we see, the Lannisport branch has been around for quite a long time.

So Daven is in the line of succession to be heir of Casterly Rock... now obviously if Tyrek is still alive, well, he by rights comes before Daven.

****Still figuring out the posting mechanisms so my apologies for not putting a spoiler thing with the quotes or whatever********

Daven is not of the Lannisport branch, he is of the main branch... the Lannisport Lannisters are a more distant cousin relation to the main branch. That branch didnt just spring up with Tywin's uncle, Jason Lannister in the 230's AC.

Furthermore, Rosamund Lannister, Myrcella's handmaiden, is of the Lannisport branch and if you look at the family tree in WOIAF, Rosamund is not listed.

Good point.

What about Gerion Lannister sailing back from The Smoking Sea? He would have the best claim to The Rock.

Gerion's claim is better than Daven's, but not better than Tyrek's. No joke, I will die laughing on the floor if Gerion returns - though I secretly want that just so Joy Hill can have her father back.

Also, from the WOIAF:

"within a few generations Lann's (Lann the Clever) descendants had grown so numerous that even Casterly Rock could not contain all of them. Rather than tunnel out new passages in the stone, some sons and daughters from lesser branches of the house left to make their homes in a village a scant mile away."

.................. "Soon enough the village grew into a town, then a city: Lannisport"

After this sentence they directly mention the Lannisters of Lannisport. And as we see, the Lannisport branch has been around for quite a long time.

So Daven is in the line of succession to be heir of Casterly Rock... now obviously if Tyrek is still alive, well, he by rights comes before Daven.

****Still figuring out the posting mechanisms so my apologies for not putting a spoiler thing with the quotes or whatever********

Even better point

Just to clarify, this is the current inheritance order:

1. Cersei Baratheon

2. Tommen Baratheon

3. Myrcella Baratheon

4. Martyn Lannister

5. Janei Lannister

6. Tyrek Lannister

7. Genna Frey

8. Tywin Frey

9. Willem Frey

10. Lyonel Frey

11. "Red" Walder Frey

12. Daven Lannister

Edited: Forgot Genna and had incorrect numbers.

Gerion's claim is better than Daven's, but not better than Tyrek's. No joke, I will die laughing on the floor if Gerion returns - though I secretly want that just so Joy Hill can have her father back.

Tyrek's father is older than Gerion? I guess that would make Tyrek's claim better for sure.

At this point i dont think "right" has anything to do with it... Daven is The warden of the West...de facto lord of Casterly Rock... I dont think thats ever spelled out but if he is the Warden where else is he going to rule from? If I was a westerman lordling and had to choose between a child, a woman, or a proven knight. (Tyrek, Cersei, Daven) I know the person i would choose.

Archived