The Unexpected Death (book and show spoilers)

Sword of the Morgan

Barristan, Jorah or Mance would be my guess, as much as it'd be a shame to lose any of them.

Mance seems like the likeliest. The whole glamour thing in the books felt a bit too Harry Potter for me, so would be glad if they left that out, though it'd be a shame to lose Ciarin Hinds as I don't feel he's been given enough to justify and actor of his calibre.

My guess would be that Tormund dies fighting an Other at Hardhome and they give the role of keeping the wildlings in line back to Mance for the show.

Because it seems like there is every chance that Tormund could die leading the expedition to Hardhome in the books and that Mance may briefly regain control of the wildlings with whatever he is planning in Winterfell, so they would be able to simply things for the show by just skipping Mance in Winterfell and giving him back control at the wall.

My guess would be that Tormund dies fighting an Other at Hardhome and they give the role of keeping the wildlings in line back to Mance for the show.

Because it seems like there is every chance that Tormund could die leading the expedition to Hardhome in the books and that Mance may briefly regain control of the wildlings with whatever he is planning in Winterfell, so they would be able to simply things for the show by just skipping Mance in Winterfell and giving him back control at the wall.

Mance will be dead way before Hardhome.

To be honest, there will likely be three "shockers" in three different locations.

The North: Mance seems the most likely and not Tormund. Eventually, Jon will take command of the North, including the Wildlings. Mance needs to be gone, so this can happen. As long as he lives, the Wildlings would never follow Jon. During the incursion to Hardhome, Mance and Tormund accompanying the new Lord Commander to deliver terms to the Wildlings there. Rattleshirt and his men, accuse Mance and Tormund of being kneelers and a fight breaks out. Mance dies, Jon or Tormund kill Rattleshirt and then the Others show up. The remaining people from both sides flee south. The fact we see Tormund in peril in a preview, leads me to believe it isnt him.

In Meereen; it appears as if Dany is getting two new arrivals to her corner. Varys and Tyrion. That is far too many characters in one location. It's a coin flip between Selmy and Mormont, but I lean more toward Jorah, dying while saving her in the pit. I also believe there will be other deaths surrounding her. Grey Worm and Missandei develop a romance, so one of them is gone. Unfortunately...... Darrio(though, the show version is more likeable) makes it through this season. So the shocker in Meereen is either Jorah or Selmy.

In Dorne, thankfully its Bronn and the legendary myth of Bronn the Great, can finally die!

In Dorne, thankfully its Bronn and the legendary myth of Bronn the Great, can finally die!

Bronn might die, but I don't think the OP can be about him, as Bronn has nothing to do in the books. So the actor couldn't expect more screentime.

Thankfully? He was one of the coolest characters in the show :(

Definitely, one of my favourite characters that was a bunch of minor ones grouped together. He adds so much humour to the story, even when he wasn't around Tyrion anymore.

I'm guessing its Mance but the show have barely used him, the majority of show fans wouldn't care if he died. Maybe its Jorah.

We were in general agreement here that Rob's death would not be felt unless they really expended big character beforehand which they did, even brining along his pregnant wife to the wedding so they would need to build up a character in the same way to be at RW level.

Jamie, Jorah, Barristan, Brienne, Theon and Davos are likely candidates.

We were in general agreement here that Rob's death would not be felt unless they really expended big character beforehand which they did, even brining along his pregnant wife to the wedding so they would need to build up a character in the same way to be at RW level.

Jamie, Jorah, Barristan, Brienne, Theon and Davos are likely candidates.

I'm pretty sure Unsullied would care even less if Barristan dies. They've done nothing with him to make him popular, unlike Jorah and Bronn.

I think it's Loras. If Robert Strong shows up, and I believe somewhere I read that he is, one of the KG needs to die. Jaimes probably not going to die, and we already have evidence that Loras gets imprisoned by the faith, so I definitely think it's him.

Thankfully? He was one of the coolest characters in the show :(

But there are far too many "badass-fighters" around atm.

I guess it's my book purest complex. Bronn is just a scum bag in MHO. I can understand why people who just watch the show, like him. I just cant get past the book character, I suppose. But....to each, his own.

To be honest.....I'd be tickled all over, if it was Tyrion and he was eaten by Drogon. That....would make my season!

I was really hoping that one day Bronn and Tyrion would be reunited one last time as their relationship was one of my favorite parts of the first 3 seasons, but with all these death rumors going around i'm gonna be pretty pissed if he is getting killed off already.

I think Brienne is pretty safe. She will probably rally to the north to rescue Arya and have her character expanded. I dare to say she will find Sansa intead before the season is over.

So my guess here are

The North: Mance. I think they could skip the glamor thing simply by dressing him up as Rattleshirt, is not like the bone helm lets you see much of the face behind... but I doubt he'll play any part in rescuing FArya. Seems easier just to sacrifice the true Mance if you are not gonna use him later.

Winterfell: Little Finger. The show is moving in a pretty different direction, with Sansa undercover in Winterfell; presumably for attending Ramsay Bolton's wedding. He's clearly planning something there, but for Sansa's character to develop she's gonna have to break free of LF at some point. I doubt she will kill him directly, more like he will be caught unexpectedly or she will betray him so others may kill him. AIthough I think it's probable he'll die; i don't think he would have been disapointed in terms of how his character has been expanded, so I don't believe he's the one we're searching for. I also doubt they'll get rid of Theon, cause that would mean practically getting rid of the Greyjoy plot alltogether (unless Balon and Yara unexpectedly start kicking some ass XD)

Mereen: Barristan, Jorah or both. I think Jorah would be a big end of season shocker, but I don't know if they would kill him just for the sake of shock. The fact that Barristan is nowhere to be seen in the footage from Daznak's pit leads me to believe that he may be dead at that point. I think is probable that Tyrion takes over Barristan rol in the battle of Mereen towards the next season, probably aided by Jorah since the Tyrion-Bron stuff worked pretty well in the past. Barristan fits quite well the description; is an unexpected death for the actor, not for the tv fans.

Archived