Bloodborne: Get that @#$% out of the VG thread!

aceluby

From what I hear, hitting Gherman or the Doll isn't going to ruin anything. He'll disappear and laugh at you but come back later (I've only seen him 3 o4 times total), she'll just stand back.

But I haven't done it myself.

Hitting other NPC's will turn them hostile though, so be careful out there.

Anyone else running into the problem of constantly being out of blood vials or do I just suck? It seems like they don't drop as much in the later game. I keep having to go back to the first area of the game to farm them.

From what I hear, hitting Gherman or the Doll isn't going to ruin anything. He'll disappear and laugh at you but come back later (I've only seen him 3 o4 times total), she'll just stand back.

But I haven't done it myself.

Hitting other NPC's will turn them hostile though, so be careful out there.

If there's anyone I'm not sure about I've been trying to lock onto them from a distance first to check. Only time I walked up to someone without trying it was some old fucker in a wheelchair facing the other way who turned around and shot me. I got killed by a fucking pensioner. Basically, I've promised myself that if I can lock onto it I'll kill it. Hopefully that won't ruin anything.

Anyone else running into the problem of constantly being out of blood vials or do I just suck? It seems like they don't drop as much in the later game. I keep having to go back to the first area of the game to farm them.

There was a point where I maxed out on Blood Vials. Take a little damage? Blood Vial! Whatever. I have tons and keep getting more. but then... there's one boss I've been struggling on,

The One Reborn

and I've run through my entire stock. Had to go farming. In the later areas I tend to get Shards more often than Vials. The Cathedral Ward is pretty good for farming them. If you go down to the dead end area, where there are 2 of those giants and 2 brick ogres, they usually drop 2 or 3 Blood Vials each.

If there's anyone I'm not sure about I've been trying to lock onto them from a distance first to check.

That's been my strategy as well. Plus there's generally a bunch of messages around the friendlies. So far they've been pretty easy to spot. Unlike say Gavlan or Tark in DS2.

There was a point where I maxed out on Blood Vials. Take a little damage? Blood Vial! Whatever. I have tons and keep getting more. but then... there's one boss I've been struggling on,

The One Reborn

and I've run through my entire stock. Had to go farming. In the later areas I tend to get Shards more often than Vials. The Cathedral Ward is pretty good for farming them. If you go down to the dead end area, where there are 2 of those giants and 2 brick ogres, they usually drop 2 or 3 Blood Vials each.

Oh yeah that boss was giving my ass a good kicking for a while last night. Finally got him on my last try before bed.

The best farming route I've found for Blood Vials so far is from the Great Bridge to the Tomb of Oedon. Run down the bridge and kill the brick troll and the crows (if you want you can ignore the crows actually the stingy fucks only drop pebbles) then the dude on the stairs on the right as you go further. Kill the two werewolves (they normally drop 3 each) and head down through the house clearing the four enemies inside. Head out like you would if you were going upstairs to the central Yharnam lamp and kill the one enemy by the lamp post, then u-turn and head down to where the two brick trolls are patrolling. Kill them, take the elevator down to the other bridge with the flaming Boulder. Cross there and kill everybody. Kill the two weird dudes up the stairs to the right and then run to the lamp and start over.

Hope that description made sense. Nets a good few thousand echoes and usually 12-15 vials per run.

Just don't get a whole lot of time to play, but making some slow progress. Found the Old Workshop and got some cool items. Cleared out the part of the Cathedral I missed. Took out the hunter that Eileen was supposed to be fighting in the Tomb of Oedon if I hadn't killed her already. Bought this REALLY cool sword that is quick, but also allows me to two hand for extra damage. Cost 20k, but after upgrading it is definitely worth it. Now my plan is to farm the gaol until I get it to +6, take on Paarl, then hit up Hemwick Lane before taking on the woods. Hopefully I can get an hour or so in tonight.

I'll try that farming route, thanks. Yeah, it made sense.

I gave up on that boss after around 10 tries and went to investigate Cainhurst Castle instead. Cleared the area up to the boss, but didn't fight him because it was late and I was carrying 90k Blood Echoes that I didn't want to lose. Found some nice prizes though.

Took out the hunter that Eileen was supposed to be fighting in the Tomb of Oedon if I hadn't killed her already.

Where'd you find him? Does he still show up in Oedon? I've been through there a few times but never saw anyone. But her quest glitched on me anyway. She never left her spot in the sewers. She was still there up until the point where it was too late.

I'll try that farming route, thanks. Yeah, it made sense.

I gave up on that boss after around 10 tries and went to investigate Cainhurst Castle instead. Cleared the area up to the boss, but didn't fight him because it was late and I was carrying 90k Blood Echoes that I didn't want to lose. Found some nice prizes though.

Where'd you find him? Does he still show up in Oedon? I've been through there a few times but never saw anyone. But her quest glitched on me anyway. She never left her spot in the sewers. She was still there up until the point where it was too late.

Found him right in the tomb. He was a tough SOB too. Might not be there after Rom though.

Got to play again this morning and took out Paarl on my 2nd try w/out getting hit once. Went from there to speak nicely to the guy who shoots the machine gun at you in Yahrdum (sp?) to get his badge.

And immediately aggro'd him again when he saw me hit one of the beasts

Went from there to Hemwick Lane, cleared out the level and took on the witches. For some reason I had issues w/ this boss, but soon learned the trick.

Just need to keep running around the board and the guys that they spawn will slowly follow you while you concentrate your firepower on the witches. It also prevents the stranglehold spell they cast that takes half your health

Now I'm finally taking on the woods

And immediately died to the first trap. So that's how it's gonna be?!?

Getting used to the controls now, have a very nice powerful weapon, have 30 in Str/Dex w/ an AR of 300. I think I'm over-leveled still, but I don't care. I'm having a blast soloing all the bosses so far.

Wait who's Paarl? I did everything you've listed so far, including the Forbidden Woods boss, but haven't fought anyone called Paarl. I'm stuck on Rom.

He's the boss at the gaol.

You have to get killed by a snatcher to be sent to the gaol.

30 Strength and Skill before the Forest? Damn! What lever are you? Or have not been leveling Vitality and Endurance?

Just hit level 60, Vit is 22 and End is 14. When you kill things in 1-2 hits you don't need much Vit and End.

I just beat him. Let me get to a lamp post and I'll help.

The key to beating him is

running through the spiders at full speed to get one good swipe in on its butt and get the hell out of there. The spiders seem to continuously spawn

running through the spiders at full speed to get one good swipe in on its butt and get the hell out of there. The spiders seem to continuously spawn

Beat him! I'm in Unseen Village now.

That's the complete opposite of how I dealt with it.

The spiders don't continuously spawn. There are 3 phases, and each phase spawns about a dozen. I cleared out all the spiders before closing in on Rom. Then he teleports away. 2nd and 3rd phases had to dodge some projectiles too, but there was a long wind up so they were easy to sidestep.

Tried it once with ignoring the spiders, but by phase 3 there were so many that I couldn't even to him/her.

Archived