Bloodborne: Get that @#$% out of the VG thread!

aceluby

I didn't have much trouble with Amygdala. Instinct say to attack it's legs, but don't. It takes almost no damage there. Have to get its arms or head. A visceral attack (with extra damage rune) took half it's health bar.

I liked some of the late game bosses. Micolash was a pretty neat gimmick boss. And did you fight Ebrietas, Ace? That was the hardest one for me.

I explored a bit of Central Yharnam in NG+, and it hasn't been too hard yet. Sure, the enemies take more hits to kill, but they're all the same enemies in the same positions, and the same tactics still apply. Haven't challenged a boss yet though.

Went through some more Challice Dungeons too. Currently stuck on the 2nd level boss in Lower Pthumeru - Undead Giant. It shouldn't even be hard, but he has a 1HK move that he likes to spam at me. And he keeps hitting me with his back chains when I try to dodge.

The Burial Blade makes an excellent alternate weapon to pair with the Blade of Mercy.

I'm just having a hard time avoiding damage in the Amygdala fight. Seems like no matter what I do, where I stand or where I Dodge her big flailing attack always hits me for over half my health bar.

Her legs are the only part of her I can seem to reach.

I'm just having a hard time avoiding damage in the Amygdala fight. Seems like no matter what I do, where I stand or where I Dodge her big flailing attack always hits me for over half my health bar.

Her legs are the only part of her I can seem to reach.

Her hands and head are her weakness, and she's especially weak to fire. She'll also leave herself open for some head shots if you're far away and she does a big slam. Come in with a jumping R2, then finish up with a huge visceral attack. Otherwise, keep toward her tail, whack away at her feet, and when an opportunity comes to attack her hands, take it.

Finally took the big asshole down.

Staying underneath/near the tail as a lot of people seem to be posting elsewhere did not work for me at all. Staying far away proved waaaaay easier for me. Her big slam is easy to dodge and like ace said leaves her head exposed, and the lasers are nothing to avoid really. The second phase gave me some trouble though, then after a few more attempts I found out that once she rips her arms off if you stand under her she does nothing but her leap, and that you can effortlessly dodge that if you just stand still when she does it, then run up and hit her legs a few times. Repeat till dead.

I had way more trouble with this boss than I should have.

Yeah, I took on Ebrietas and beat it my first try. And yet I died a ton at the damn witches. They kept spamming their grapple magic, which allowed me to get surrounded. The big bosses didn't really give me too much trouble in NG. I haven't gotten too far in NG+ yet, still having fun in the dungeons.

And I beat the Witches on my first try. Martyr Logarius too (who a lot of people are complaining about). Funny how it works.

Yet Ebrietas took me at least 20 tries. I thought she wasn't too bad overall, except that she would consistently shoot her laser beams at me when she hit 50% health. 1HK and very hard to avoid. I did manage to dodge them once using the Old Hunter Bone. Kind of. Dodged the first 2 beams, but then hit the wall and was trapped for the 3rd.

Finally got lucky and had a match where she didn't use that attack.

I was stuck for a while on the Abhorrent Beast in the Loran Chalice Dungeon this weekend. He hits like a truck, is super fast, and has crazy tracking. I tried going mano a mano about twenty times and never even got him to half health. Ended up going through all of my vials until I just super cheesed him with some poison and jumping R2's on one specific combo. These Chalice Dungeons are TOUGH! At this point they are much harder than anything I've encountered in NG+.

Blood-starved Beast on NG+ was surprisingly difficult. Was more aggressive and had a lot more HP.

I just fought him in the chalice dungeons w/ similar settings, and yeah, he was a lot more difficult than NG where I took him out on my first try.

Yeah, on NG I beat him without taking any damage in about 30 seconds. On my 2nd try though; 1st try he surprised me with his grab and I didn't have any Antidotes equipped.

In NG+ it took about 5 tries, and the winning attempt took 12 minutes. Used 20 potions, 19 bullets and 6 Antidotes.

I haven't progressed any farther in the Chalice Dungeons. Still at Undead Giant on the 2nd floor of Lower Pthumeru. Left to farm some Blood Vials and haven't felt like going back yet.

Yeah, on NG I beat him without taking any damage in about 30 seconds. On my 2nd try though; 1st try he surprised me with his grab and I didn't have any Antidotes equipped.

In NG+ it took about 5 tries, and the winning attempt took 12 minutes. Used 20 potions, 19 bullets and 6 Antidotes.

I haven't progressed any farther in the Chalice Dungeons. Still at Undead Giant on the 2nd floor of Lower Pthumeru. Left to farm some Blood Vials and haven't felt like going back yet.

He took me a few tries.... those damn swinging things on his back got me every time. Eventually resorted to jumping R2 attacks after his swinging attacks

Started the level 4 Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon and having half health really sucks. The first boss only needs to catch me once to kill me and is a damage sponge. Might go and do some NG+ story missions instead, maybe go take on the blood starved beast since I raced to get the shortcut open. The game gets pretty easy if you know where the shortcuts are and just book it through to open them.

Finished off NG+. Blood-starved Beast, Martyr Logarius, and the hunter at the end of Eileen's quest were the only really hard parts. I'll probably just speed run NG++ for the final ending trophy then work on the Chalice Dungeons.

Finally beat the Undead Giant too, using the jump R2 as suggested. Now on the 4th floor of Lower Pthumeru. Keep making very silly mistakes.

The first boss only needs to catch me once to kill me and is a damage sponge.

Well, maybe if you put a few points into Vitality... :P

I make time by staying up much later than I ought to.

So, I did my NG++ speedrun. Took about 2 hours. Probably could have done it faster, but I yolo'd too hard and ended up having to beat most of the bosses on a 2nd attempt. Shadows of Yharnam had finally gotten challenging though, so they took a few extra tries. I also backed up my save before triggering the end so I can still go back for the Bloodstone Rock and Chunks. Or the other bosses if I feel like it.

On to the Chalice Dungeons now for the final 3 trophies.

Went back to the Nightmare Frontier for the first time in a while, and finally made it to the Amygdala, killed it on my 2nd or 3rd attempt. Then I decided to go back and take another shot at Ebrietas, and finally, finally beat that turd. She was so frustrating, I don't even feel any sense of accomplishment for beating her, just relief that I finally did it.

That was my reaction to Ebrietas as well. Because she's so cheap.

Spent the weekend working on the Watchdog in the Pthumeru Defiled Chalice. Finally got him yesterday. Then crashed into Amygdala, who is a lot tougher this time. Came close a few times, I'm confident that I'll get him tonight.

Archived