Bloodborne: Get that @#$% out of the VG thread!

aceluby

That's the complete opposite of how I dealt with it.

The spiders don't continuously spawn. There are 3 phases, and each phase spawns about a dozen. I cleared out all the spiders before closing in on Rom. Then he teleports away. 2nd and 3rd phases had to dodge some projectiles too, but there was a long wind up so they were easy to sidestep.

Tried it once with ignoring the spiders, but by phase 3 there were so many that I couldn't even to him/her.

I cleared out the first set and got him to about half way after that. Just continuously hit him which seemed to stall the teleportation. Then there were a shit load of spiders, and since I thought they were respawning, I just got in what I could after that. Seemed to work reasonably well.

Progressed a ton today; took a half day. Took out One Reborn and Amygdala, but now I'm not sure where to go. Seems like I've explored everywhere and don't have an area I haven't already explored.

I beat the first 2 bosses (cleric beast and father gasgoine) both on my first attempt. The cleric beast was easy, father gasgoine at least put up a fight. But I still kicked his ass without dying. Has my training on dark souls over-prepared me for this game, or do the other bosses pose more of a challenge than these two?

I beat the first 2 bosses (cleric beast and father gasgoine) both on my first attempt. The cleric beast was easy, father gasgoine at least put up a fight. But I still kicked his ass without dying. Has my training on dark souls over-prepared me for this game, or do the other bosses pose more of a challenge than these two?

Those 2 are nothing compared to what you're going to see.

So, did the doll in the hunter's dream always come to life, even if you die to a boss, or is that part of the recent update? I fought Father Gasgoine for the first time, as my first boss, and she was there.

She shows up as soon as you have 1 insight, however you get it.

I ended up beating the game today, and did the extra bonus fight(s) as well. Overall, the game was excellent, but the boss battles definitely left something to be desired. The father at the beginning and the guy at the end were the two toughest. Every other boss was pretty samey. The level design and approach to the interconnectiveness more than made up for it though. Top notch game overall and now I'm going to head into NG+.

She shows up as soon as you have 1 insight, however you get it.

I ended up beating the game today, and did the extra bonus fight(s) as well. Overall, the game was excellent, but the boss battles definitely left something to be desired. The father at the beginning and the guy at the end were the two toughest. Every other boss was pretty samey. The level design and approach to the interconnectiveness more than made up for it though. Top notch game overall and now I'm going to head into NG+.

I think I'm at the end. I just beat

Wet Nurse

I think I'm at the end. I just beat

Wet Nurse

You're there

If you accept Gehrman's offer the game will be over, if you deny it, you'll have to battle him

And if you have some umbilical cords...

if you eat three of them before defeating Gehrman it will trigger a secret final boss, Moon Presense. Gehrman's much more difficult though

After starting NG+ I'm starting to think that they made NG as a warm up and NG+ is where the real bloodborne begins. I've got 40 Str/Skill with an AR of over 500, plus a spell to do even more damage, and even with all of that pretty much everything needs multiple hits and has crazy defense. The co-op in NG+ is much better though, so I've been having a lot of fun helping others.

Has anybody experimented w/ the chalices yet? I've done one and think it's a really great idea. I'm way overpowered for the early ones, but hopefully that means I'll just run through them really quickly.

Beat 'inside' Rom last night and then faced a tougher version of the blood starved beast. Fighting these guys in small enclosures definitely makes it tougher.

Now I'm off to do the first Loran chalice tonight or tomorrow morning. The depth is 3, so we'll see how hard it is compared to my level.

It feels like the story part of this game is really only half of the game. These chalice levels are pretty cool and have a ton of loot.

I've only tried the first Chalice Dungeon. Not really sure how it works. I have 3 Chalices from story mode, and then 2 more from the first Dungeon. But I don't have the materials to use most of them. Breezed through that first one though. I guess level 85 was a little higher than I was intended to be.

Cleared story mode for everything except the final boss. Those last couple of areas sucked.

I've only tried the first Chalice Dungeon. Not really sure how it works. I have 3 Chalices from story mode, and then 2 more from the first Dungeon. But I don't have the materials to use most of them. Breezed through that first one though. I guess level 85 was a little higher than I was intended to be.

Cleared story mode for everything except the final boss. Those last couple of areas sucked.

I really enjoyed those areas, though I am dreading them on NG+. I like how they completely changed the mechanics around for those last areas, making you think.

The ingredients needed to create the next chalice should be located in the last one. If you still don't have the required ingredients and need to run through them again, you can do so by going to someone else's chalice of the same type and clear that out. I never had to do that though and have cleared out all but one of the Pth-something dungeon. The 5th one was pretty tough (8 firebreathing centipedes in one area!), but the 4 preceding it were really easy for my level (now 100). I'm now off to start the Loran dungeons, depth 3, which should be even harder than the last one. We'll see.

I've heard that the later chalice dungeons are some of the biggest challenges in the game. The game I thought was shallow due to the short story mode has just gotten a lot deeper. Who needs DLC when randomly generated dungeons are build into the game?

I really hated the first part of Nightmare of Mensis.

Having to take on a stream of invaders while being assaulted by Frenzy darts.

After that it wasn't bad.

I'm going to flip to NG+ and then start going through the Chalice Dungeons before I start working through the story again.

I really hated the first part of Nightmare of Mensis.

Having to take on a stream of invaders while being assaulted by Frenzy darts.

After that it wasn't bad.

I'm going to flip to NG+ and then start going through the Chalice Dungeons before I start working through the story again.

I call that part 'the eye of sauron'. I ended up just booking it through that area because of the crazy shennanigans.

Just to be clear, I didn't mean the levels sucked as in "were bad." More as "were really hard." Aside from the 1 part that I already mentioned, I did like them. Definitely had to rethink my strategy for getting through them. Of course, the strategy became "run though it and come back to explore later once I've made the necessary changes to the area." They do feel a bit cheap at first though.

Anyway, finished the game.

Gehrman was a lot harder than I was led to believe. At 35 Vitality he could still kill me in 2 hits (given that he uses a certain attack). Took a while to work out the parry timing on him.

For Gehrman

I didn't have too much trouble w/ him. In his first phase I baited his flippy attack, came in with the lunging R2, then backed away as he did the same attack again. I must have hit him for 2/3 of his health that way in a continuous loop, and didn't even get to the 2nd phase (which for me was the toughest part). I finally was staggered and he changed to his 3rd form which was just a waiting game of getting him to do the ground attack, hitting him once, then backing away until he attacked again. I maybe used 4 vials the entire fight

Did you take on moon essense as well? I thought Gehrman was tougher, but NG+ is pretty crazy. I'm having a lot of fun right now in the dungeons, getting my level up for NG+ while getting some goodies. I was an idiot and didn't go back for the Blood Rock before the end of the game, so now I'm trying to get one in the dungeons.

I was having some success dodging Gehrman attacks, and countering with the Blade of Mercy, transformed, dashing R1. Failed a bunch on his second form though. He kept parrying me for everything.

So I just started trying to parry him back. Timing feels stricter than for other enemies. But once I worked that out he went down really quickly, and it worked for every phase.

Yeah, I did Moon Essence too. That one was pretty easy. Even with it's cheap AoE attack.

Haven't really don't anything in NG+ yet. Just enough to activate the Doll. I did find the Blood Rock, although I had to look up how to get around Sauron first. Going to focus on Challice Dungeons now, and put some work into my second character.

I thought the levels were pretty tough toward the end, but the bosses weren't anything too memorable. I killed every boss past the witches (not sure why I had so much trouble with the damn witches.... nobody I've talked to does...) on the first or second try. Now, I doubt this will hold true for NG+ though. I'm seeing a huge difficulty spike in my game.

Did some more dungeon hunting, and it's getting really tough. Just lost 90k echoes at a really tough spot. I'm also noticing that I'm in desperate need of more End and Vit now. I can no longer rely on my awesome weapon & high damage stats to wipe everything out.

One thing I don't like about this game is that the same enemies in one area will have more health and do more damage in another area. They could have easily added some visual cue that they are the tougher version (like the red/blue eyes some enemies have).

Archived