UK Politics: General Election Triviality

DJDonegal

I wouldn't necessarily assume this to be true. One of the Tories' main concerns is that their army of footsoldiers is not only smaller than Labour's, it's considerably older. The majority are over 60. This is not the prime age for wandering the streets knocking doors, even in the comparatively sunny (though slightly chilly) spring weather we're having just now.

But at least they're not having to bother putting any effort into Scotland anymore where it's generally The Coldest. Just keep talking up the SNP and they'll ruin Labour on their behalf.

To be fair, I expect that the Tories are using their American friends to stuff envelopes, deliver leaflets, and blow up balloons, rather than door knock.

Even that's too much. Would rather they just stayed in America and left us the fuck alone

I find it hard to believe that these chino wearing, golf jumper draped over the shoulders, dead eyed weirdos will be treated with anything except an unbelievable amount of hostility on the streets of Enfield.

I work in Enfield, I'll let you know if I see any out and about. I'm sure they'll be easy to spot :P.

ST

Could someone a bit closer to events on the ground please confirm for me that the Conservative Party campaign is not being run by Armando Ianucci in a wig?

I genuinely don't think even Lummel could come up with this:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahjewell/the-milifandom#.obBq5Dnmb

Ed Miliband has a fandom of squeeing teenagers. I can't get my mind around it and am now in a perpetual state of confusion and horror.

Good on them

ETA: Naturally the Telegraph in it's 2015 form of clickbait for retired army captains has given us the biggest cringe of the election so far - a story about a "Cameron fandom" twitter account which apparently is "overshadowing" the Miliband one, despite the fact it's a twitter account with 18 followers that definitely, definitely wasn't created yesterday by someone at Conservative HQ. My money is on Michael Green.

Good job all round.

ETA2: Seriously, this is the most embarrassing twitter account I've ever seen in my life. They honestly think anyone is going to believe that's run by a 13 year old?

Oh my dear lord. Just when I thought this election campaign couldn't get any more horrifying. That is the facepalm to end all facepalms.

Turns out it was this 21 year old feller who started it.

What an unbelievably sad fucker. I feel deeply embarrassed for him. Pretending to be a 13 year old girl on twitter is really really weird

Just how much whiskey does it take to numb the shame of pretending to be a 13-year old girl in order to promote "the cameronettes?" That's the sort of situation that makes you really question the choices that lead you to this point in life.

Just how much whiskey does it take to numb the shame of pretending to be a 13-year old girl in order to promote "the cameronettes?" That's the sort of situation that makes you really question the choices that lead you to this point in life.

He's going to be lying awake one night this weekend, staring at the ceiling, and suddenly think "What the fuck was I thinking?" and then cry for a while

Pretending to be a 13 year old girl on twitter is really really weird

Always good to hear the voice of experience on the board, so why precisely were you pretending to be a thirteen year old girl on Twitter?

Always good to hear the voice of experience on the board, so why precisely were you pretending to be a thirteen year old girl on Twitter?

Was waiting for this. It took longer than expected but I knew one of you would deliver the goods.

well, we've gotta keep the old traditions going :)

Indeed! Hoping this thread will descend further and further into surreal farce the closer we get to the election

Arrgghhh! My eyes! My eyes! It's the DUP flaunting itself lasciviously! Peter Robinson flashing an artfully bare shoulder, tousling his hair, casting lingering glances at Miliband and Cameron, "is that a bridge in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me...why don't you come closer and decommission your parades commission, I've got some friends who'd love to vote with you and would be ever so grateful"

Cameron and Miliband exchange a look...do they stride in manfully and seize the swooning Robinson in their arms, whispering sweet stormont budget promises in his ears or do they play hard to get...its the Prime Minister's dilemma...

Archived