[tWoW, Alayne I spoilers] Brotherhood of Winged Knights

But I think that would be in a later chapter. Something however is obviously going to happen in the tourney. Maybe Harry is killed and it is not Littlefinger but everybody suspects him?

Why would anyone suspect LF? In the eyes of the Vale lords, Harry is bringing honour and renewed influence to House Baelish. They think he is LFs meal ticket for trying to maintain influence in the Vale into the next generation. What advantage would they think he would gain from it?

I still have a hard time believing Littlefinger, who was so in love with Cat and is undoubtably in love with Sansa would willingly give her hand to another and sit there in the same castle while the other is bedding her on a wedding night. No way. Not everthing is as it seems with Littlefinger. He went through a lot to get a hold of Sansa and out of the clutches of the Lannisters, risking himself in the process. I think he is obsessed with her and is doing a whole lot of this pagentry, smoke and mirrors for the sole purpose of keeping her distracted from his real intentions in the end. He wants her for himself and he will take her birthright with it if he can but it is her he wants. Make no mistake about it.

I still have a hard time believing Littlefinger, who was so in love with Cat and is undoubtably in love with Sansa would willingly give her hand to another and sit there in the same castle while the other is bedding her on a wedding night. No way. Not everthing is as it seems with Littlefinger. He went through a lot to get a hold of Sansa and out of the clutches of the Lannisters, risking himself in the process. I think he is obsessed with her and is doing a whole lot of this pagentry, smoke and mirrors for the sole purpose of keeping her distracted from his real intentions in the end. He wants her for himself and he will take her birthright with it if he can but it is her he wants. Make no mistake about it.

He was fine with her losing her virginity to Tyrion (which didn't happen, of course, but he couldn't have predicted that). He has a very possessive element, as GRRM says, but he also views her as a game piece, and he knows that sex is a valuable tool in the game (he himself got where he is via his relationship with Lysa).

I have a theory that events of the tournament may be Harrenhall tourney v2.0.

Handsome young knight, a ward from the Vale with bastards - Harry/Robert.
A "father" marrying his daughter for political ambition - Petyr/Rickard.
Potentian kadnapper - Shadrick/Rhaegar.

Recruitment for the kinsguard (kind of) - Jaime/Sweetrobin's eight.

Alayne didn't give Harry her favor at the tourney. I think the man who will get her favor (Lothor Brune perhaps?) will win the tournament and crown her as a queen of love and beauty. And then she'll be taken by Shadrick.

I think the man who will get her favor (Lothor Brune perhaps?) will win the tournament and crown her as a queen of love and beauty.

I don't think Brune is likely to compete, except perhaps as someone who will throw some match to advance somebody else Littlefinger wants. There's no real advantage to Littlefinger in one of the eight spots going to someone who's already going to be hanging around, and isn't remotely prestigious (sorry, Lothor!).

Harry is slain at the melee on the order of LF by Lyn or someone else.

LF tries to rape Sansa in order to impregnate her and pass the child as Harry's not long after Harry's death.

Sansa slays the savage giant before he succeeds.

Sansa runs away with Shadrich.

Chaos reigns at the Vale.

Harry is slain at the melee on the order of LF by Lyn or someone else.

LF tries to rape Sansa in order to impregnate her and pass the child as Harry's not long after Harry's death.

Sansa slays the savage giant before he succeeds.

Sansa runs away with Shadrich.

Chaos reigns at the Vale.

Nope, none of that makes any sense. First, there is zero advantage to Sansa carrying Harry's supposed bastard baby. Second, the idea of Littlefinger just trying to rape Sansa and dying in the process is just about the lamest possible ending to this story arc, and Littlefinger is not going to be defeated that quickly. He's one of the series' principal villains. And third, there's been way too much setup in the Vale for Sansa's story for her to up and leave.

Nope, none of that makes any sense. First, there is zero advantage to Sansa carrying Harry's supposed bastard baby. Second, the idea of Littlefinger just trying to rape Sansa and dying in the process is just about the lamest possible ending to this story arc, and Littlefinger is not going to be defeated that quickly. He's one of the series' principal villains. And third, there's been way too much setup in the Vale for Sansa's story for her to up and leave.

I disagree with everything you said except the bolded :)

:cheers:

What is the advantage to her carrying Harry's bastard baby? He's already fathered two others.

How, after all this setup for political intrigue, unrevealed secrets, etc., is it at all a good finale for Littlefinger to just straight-up try to rape her?

What is the point of sending a character whose training is in courtly intrigue on another travelogue through the wartorn country?

Littlefinger is not going to rape Sansa. He could have done that months ago. In fact, since Littlefinger is one of the characters we have never seen into a sexual relationship at all (Lysa excluded, and that was 'duty') I'm pretty sure he can control himself especially in that field.

He was fine with her losing her virginity to Tyrion (which didn't happen, of course, but he couldn't have predicted that). He has a very possessive element, as GRRM says, but he also views her as a game piece, and he knows that sex is a valuable tool in the game (he himself got where he is via his relationship with Lysa).

The Tyrion situation was out of his control. She is in his control now and is a a virgin, that is all that matters to him now + a few financials. trust me, this guy wants it all.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never been too sure about LF's professed feelings for Cat., and by extension, his feelings for Sansa. All of what he did to bring Ned down, start the whole Lannister - Stark war, caused Cat immeasurable grief and ultimately led to her death. He was punishing her as much as Ned ..perhaps more than anyone. Sansa reminds him of the young Cat, the Cat who betrayed his love. I think he ultimately wants to destroy her as well, projecting his grievances against Cat on Sansa, in much the same way Lysa did, but with more patience and intelligence.

So far he's embroiled her in at least 3 murders - Joffrey, Dontos, Lysa - and possibly a fourth, Marillion. If he really wanted her more than anything, with his wealth, he could spirit her away to anywhere in the world and live in comfort.

I've never been too sure about LF's professed feelings for Cat., and by extension, his feelings for Sansa. All of what he did to bring Ned down, start the whole Lannister - Stark war, caused Cat immeasurable grief and ultimately led to her death. He was punishing her as much as Ned ..perhaps more than anyone. Sansa reminds him of the young Cat, the Cat who betrayed his love. I think he ultimately wants to destroy her as well, projecting his grievances against Cat on Sansa, in much the same way Lysa did, but with more patience and intelligence.

So far he's embroiled her in at least 3 murders - Joffrey, Dontos, Lysa - and possibly a fourth, Marillion. If he really wanted her more than anything, with his wealth, he could spirit her away to anywhere in the world and live in comfort.

he is manipulating her to gain more control over her. Guilt, the feeling of helplessness and dependency are all part of the ploy to control her. Now, he rewards her and gives her some freedom because he thinks he is in control over her and that she is completely devoted to him. That is an illusion that she is allowing him to believe. Meanwhile, I have no doubt she is looking for lifelines to a better life. Littlefinger wants her and the power she brings. Just think, if he plays his cards right (in his mind atleast) The North, The Vale and The Riverlands could be in his grasp.

he is manipulating her to gain more control over her. Guilt, the feeling of helplessness and dependency are all part of the ploy to control her. Now, he rewards her and gives her some freedom because he thinks he is in control over her and that she is completely devoted to her. That is an illusion that she is allowing him to believe. Meanwhile, I have no doubt she is looking for lifelines to a better life. Littlefinger wants her and the power she brings. Just think, if he plays his cards right (in his mind atleast) The North, The Vale and The Riverlands could be in his grasp.

I quite agree about the illusion.. We saw her realize he could be lying to her, too ..and then push that down inside and resolve to be Alayne ... but that doesn't mean she's forgotten. It's what gives me hope for her.

I quite agree about the illusion.. We saw her realize he could be lying to her, too ..and then push that down inside and resolve to be Alayne ... but that doesn't mean she's forgotten. It's what gives me hope for her.

He thinks he is playing her perfectly and she is in his absolute control. However, she learned quite a bit on her own in King's Landing, after he left for the Vale and he is greatly underestimating her perceptive capabilities. She is playing him to placate him into an illusion all her own. A mental Dance if you will.

With Harry already having two bastard children, I don't think Alayne is interested in him. I think she's going to pit Ser Harry against Ser Lyn. She knows if she marries Harry, Robert will die. She's going to figure out a way to not marry Harry without it looking like her fault. This is how she keeps control.

he is manipulating her to gain more control over her. Guilt, the feeling of helplessness and dependency are all part of the ploy to control her. Now, he rewards her and gives her some freedom because he thinks he is in control over her and that she is completely devoted to him. That is an illusion that she is allowing him to believe. Meanwhile, I have no doubt she is looking for lifelines to a better life. Littlefinger wants her and the power she brings. Just think, if he plays his cards right (in his mind atleast) The North, The Vale and The Riverlands could be in his grasp.

IMO I don't think he wants any of those. He already had the Vale but killed Lysa. He could've killed Robert instead if he truly wanted the Vale. He cant have the Riverlands. That's being held through Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey. If they both die before child birth, the Riverlands go to Brynden Tully. This is why finding the blackfish is so important to the Freys. She definitely can't have the North unless a Tyrion dies and she restakes whatever little claim she may have. What she can do is unite the three "Kings". But one King having control over all three I think is not probable.

Archived