Who's gonna marry who

Chilli

The Pedantic Nitpick of the Day is brought to you by Good Guy Garlan:

Shakespearean comedies traditionally end in marriage. Shakespearean dramas often end in death

The Pedantic Nitpick of the Day was brought to you by Good Guy Garlan

:lmao: You got me there! And to think that I used to teach high school English...

Of course, I know that it's the Bard's comedies that end in marriage. I was typing quickly, then wandered off the thread. I won't go back and correct my post since you have. :cheers:

Viserys "Jon" Targaryen and Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, King and Queen of the Eight Kingdoms

Gendry Baratheon and Arya Stark, Lord and Lady of Storm's End and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands

Harold Hardyng and Sansa Stark, Lord and Lady of the Eyrie, Lord and Lady Paramount of the Vale and Riverlands

Tyrion Lannister and unknown wife, Lord of Casterly Rock, and Lord Paramount of the Westerlands

Bran Stark and a tree

Rickon dead

Asha Greyjoy and Tristifer Botley, Lady on the Seastone Chair and Lady Paramount of the Iron Islands

Brynden Tully and Jeyne Westerling, Lord Regent of Winterfell, Protector of Robb Stark Jr, Lord of Winterfell

If this were a Disney movie, sure. Since this is the mind of GRRM, there's a snowball's chance in hell of most of this happening.

I disagree that Rickon will be dead by the end of the series. I think GRRM invented him so that the Starks would have a surviving male heir. And I'm almost certain that Sansa, Lady of the North, will serve as his regent.

I like Jon/Dany and Arya/Gendry, but if there's any romantic connection between either potential couple, I think it'll be fleeting, bittersweet, and perhaps even tragic.

I don't care a whit about the Iron Islands and the Greyjoys, but you've left the fate of the Riverlands, Westerlands, and the Reach up to chance...

If this were a Disney movie, sure. Since this is the mind of GRRM, there's a snowball's chance in hell of most of this happening.

I disagree that Rickon will be dead by the end of the series. I think GRRM invented him so that the Starks would have a surviving male heir. And I'm almost certain that Sansa, Lady of the North, will serve as his regent.

I like Jon/Dany and Arya/Gendry, but if there's any romantic connection between either potential couple, I think it'll be fleeting, bittersweet, and perhaps even tragic.

I don't care a whit about the Iron Islands and the Greyjoys, but you've left the fate of the Riverlands, Westerlands, and the Reach up to chance...

The only one of these that feels Disney is Arya and Gendry.

I think Jon will become King, but I don't think he wants it or will be happy being King.

Robb Jr will be the Stark's male heir

The Riverlands and the Westerlands I covered. The Reach is up in the air, along with Dorne & the True North

i feel like arya Gendry is going to break my heart...i also feel like jon is going to kill dany.

Yes I know the spelling is wrong (English is not my native language), I guess it has to be: Who's gonna marry whom?

Grrm and marriages is not a good combination, but a girl can dream... The ending is going to be bittersweet he said, so I hope also sweet things will happen and it doesn't end like: The others killed everyone alive... The End.

Yes I know the spelling is wrong (English is not my native language), I guess it has to be: Who's gonna marry whom?

Grrm and marriages is not a good combination, but a girl can dream... The ending is going to be bittersweet he said, so I hope also sweet things will happen and it doesn't end like: The others killed everyone alive... The End.

I was really asking...I'm a native English speaker and I don't know which is correct...Who or Whom? Whenever that was on a test...I guessed.

I was really asking...I'm a native English speaker and I don't know which is correct...Who or Whom? Whenever that was on a test...I guessed.

Use this he/him method to decide whether who or whom is correct:

he = who

him = whom

Examples:

Who/Whom wrote the letter? He wrote the letter? Therefore, who is correct.

Who/Whom should I vote for? Should I vote for him? Therefore, whom is correct.

if you want to get techical who is for the subject and whom is for objects.

Use this he/him method to decide whether who or whom is correct:

he = who

him = whom

Examples:

Who/Whom wrote the letter? He wrote the letter? Therefore, who is correct.

Who/Whom should I vote for? Should I vote for him? Therefore, whom is correct.

if you want to get techical who is for the subject and whom is for objects.

Clear as Mud.

As soon as I read "Use this he/him method..." my eyes glazed over. It's a mental block when it comes this and I subconsciously refuse to learn it. I will always use Who...percentages are on my side! ha! :D

:lmao: You got me there! And to think that I used to teach high school English...

Of course, I know that it's the Bard's comedies that end in marriage. I was typing quickly, then wandered off the thread. I won't go back and correct my post since you have. :cheers:

The Drama' had their share of marriages as well, but also death, that much more tragic. Most famous case, Romeo and Juliet, married and dead, double accidental suicide. "Oh happy dagger."

Jon Snow-Stark (with Robb's Will)

• Wylla or Wynafryd Manderly
  • Val (he has a thing for her)
  • Lyanna or Lyra or Jorelle Mormont
  • Shireen Baratheon
  • Alys Karstark (If something happen to her husband)
  • No one (The Night's Watch)

Rickon Stark

• Shireen Baratheon
  • Lyanna Mormont
  • Erena Glover (she is a newborn right now but when she comes of age)
  • One of the Bracken daughters
  • Bethany Blackwood

Sansa Stark

• Harry the Heir

Arya Stark

• Gendry
  • Jon Snow(yes, I know I am horrible)
  • Or no one

Bran (if he doesn't come a tree)

• No one since he can't have any heirs so what is the point

Daenerys Targaryen

• Aegon
  • Trystane Martell
  • Daario Naharis
  • no one

Tyrion Lannister

• Penny
  • no one

I struggle with this questions, because I know who I want to live and get married in the end, but I don't think I'll get what I want (at least not all of it).

I am for Arya/Arya (and then maybe Gendry or Edric). I feel like all the trauma she's gone through and her time with the faceless men has effected her sense of "self." I want Arya to be in a space where she can make solid plans for the kind of life she wants in the future (what she needs and what she can compromise on). And then for her to decide if she wants to get married. If she doesn't have to space/time to reclaim "Arya Stark" before getting married (even if she marries a character I totally love) I won't be totally satisfied.

For Sansa, I think she would be a really good wife/mother (or as Tyrion noted, a good wife and queen). I want her to marry someone who helps/supports her practicing diplomacy and good housekeeping (the managerial aspects of running an estate). I'm happy with whoever that may be whether its HtH, Aegon, Tyrion or, gosh, even Jon.

I don't really want Tyrion to end up with anyone. I can't imagine any version of reality in which Tysha would want him back. And I don't think he'd marry anyone else again.

I want Jon to choose to stay on the Wall forever. He'll be tempted to be King (of the North or Westeros), but realize what an empty honor that is and how many people would die for his title, and chooses to be LC of the Wall.

I think Dany will marry again (three seems to be a lucky number for the Targs) but I don't want it to be Euron, Victorian, or Daario. I would be happy with her getting a relatively decent/sane guy who would respect her (maybe Willas Tyrell). But I doubt it. But I am pretty sure she will die in child birth and be reunited - in death - with Drogo, so I at least want the end of her life to be full of peace and contentment.

What I see happening:

Sansa/Aegon

Jon/Val

Wishful thinking:

Jaime/Brienne

Arya/Gendry

Bran/Meera

I don't get the Jon/ Val marriage idea that everybody has.

Not to pick on you, but how does that move the story forward or count as a logical conclusion?

Jon might think she is hot but he does not love her, and I can't see Jon ending up as the Warden of the True North as that would be a huge let down compared to either the King (on the Iron Throne/ of the North) or Lord of Winterfell. Or even worse, just a married bannerman of the Stark's in the North married to Val.

The only 3 real possible endings that make sense for Jon are that he becomes King of the 7/8 Kingdoms/ The North (or Lord of Winterfell), he stays at the Wall or he dies. And I cant see how Val makes any sense in any of the three of these.

Now, maybe you can argue he marries Val to tie the True North into the 8 Kingdoms (or the North), but he doesn't need that. At this point the wildlings will follow him and he would need to appease the South more than some wildlings.

The Jon marriages that make sense to me:

Daenerys - Ties both of the Targaryen claims together and units the North and the South (as well as their followers) King and Queen of the 8 Kingdoms

Sansa - Unites their claim to King in the North (Robb's Will) and Winterfell (Sansa's claim). King in the North that unites the North and the True North independent from the South (possibly include the Riverlands)

Southern bride - (Margery, Arianne, Shireen, Myrcella...) to tie the North and the South together (I don't think any of these are a real possibilities other than they are families from the South) for Jon to take the Throne and unite the Kingdoms.

I don't get the Jon/ Val marriage idea that everybody has.

Not to pick on you, but how does that move the story forward or count as a logical conclusion?

Jon might think she is hot but he does not love her, and I can't see Jon ending up as the Warden of the True North as that would be a huge let down compared to either the King (on the Iron Throne/ of the North) or Lord of Winterfell. Or even worse, just a married bannerman of the Stark's in the North married to Val.

The only 3 real possible endings that make sense for Jon are that he becomes King of the 7/8 Kingdoms/ The North (or Lord of Winterfell), he stays at the Wall or he dies. And I cant see how Val makes any sense in any of the three of these.

Now, maybe you can argue he marries Val to tie the True North into the 8 Kingdoms (or the North), but he doesn't need that. At this point the wildlings will follow him and he would need to appease the South more than some wildlings.

The Jon marriages that make sense to me:

Daenerys - Bids both of the Targaryen claims together and units the North and the South (as well as their followers) King and Queen of the 8 Kingdoms

Sansa - Unites their claim to King in the North (Robb's Will) and Winterfell (Sansa's claim). King the North that unites the North and the True North independent from the South (possibly include the Riverlands)

Southern bride - (Margery, Arianne, Shireen, Myrcella...) to tie the North and the South together (I don't think any of these are a real possibilities other than they are families from the South) for Jon to take the Throne and unite the Kingdoms.

The problem most people have with the Jon/Dany match is that it has a "Happily ever after" feel to it, which is not the way many people think aSoIaF will end.

The problem most people have with the Jon/Dany match is that it has a "Happily ever after" feel to it, which is not the way many people think aSoIaF will end.

Well, only if you are talking about them falling madly in love with each other and living happily after ever.

I prefer to think of it as a political compromise that Jon does not want (the throne or the wife) but does it out of duty to the Kingdom and a way to help fix the devastation after the Others and a way to stop a war for the Kingdom.

Jon marries Daenerys, the North and South unite behind TPwwP and starts to heal.

Well, only if you are talking about them falling madly in love with each other and living happily after ever.

I prefer to think of it as a political compromise that Jon does not want (the throne or the wife) but does it out of duty to the Kingdom and a way to help fix the devastation after the Others and a way to stop a war for the Kingdom.

Jon marries Daenerys, the North and South unite behind TPwwP and starts to heal.

Jon won't want to mary Dany, a person which is called by many "the most beautiful woman in the world"?

Jon won't want to mary Dany, a person which is called by many "the most beautiful woman in the world"?

It's not about the looks, more about she wants to be Queen and he just wants to do his duty. I personally want for them to fall in love and marry but GRRM probably wants to break my heart.

Either way, I have faith that GRRM will make it good, whether he wants them to love or hate each other.

Archived