why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Which interview with NCW was that again?

Another curiosity is the unsourced image of that Michelle Fairley interview.

Definitely heavy trolling abounds here, no matter how you look at it.

2.14, just found it

22 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yeah, I could buy that too. But my bets are on Beric, the Hound or LSH. More on The Hound or LSH because they are more "top secret".

they used the code names for Jon, makig it a big deal not to reveal he was alive, and possibly the Hound; I think it should be someone very unexpected, but who knows.

Sandor wasn't completely under wraps in that the actor was seen in the area.  In contrast, Beric was a stunning surprise.  And I'm sure they planned on that.

I don't see any reason to have code names for Edmund or Walder. That doesn't make sense to me.

7 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Sandor wasn't completely under wraps in that the actor was seen in the area.  In contrast, Beric was a stunning surprise.  And I'm sure they planned on that.

I don't see any reason to have code names for Edmund or Walder. That doesn't make sense to me.

yes, I can't see Brienne, Blackfish, Edmure or even Walder as the ones with the code names; the plot was similar to the books, so people knew who Jaime would find.

Could be Arya? Well, could buy that but IMO it's not her.

About The Hound, he was spotted in the area, so he was a big secret, but no as big as they wanted.---not sure about this.

Beric, in contrast was super unexpected, the actor said he wouldn't appear as far as he knew and then he appeared, so he could be that person.

LSH would fit even more the code name person, but that's very big......big secret and almost impossible, but hey, until Monday we can speculate about her even if they are trolling us (or not?).

If LSH doesn't appear, I will say some things about what I think in the appropiate thread.

Nevertheless, if she finally appears, mmmmm....I'll possibly see the show in another way again and no doubt this thread will explode.

Just seen that this thread was where I wrote my very first post just a year ago, speculating about "Mother Merciless" in 5.10. A whole cycle and it's still active. Wow.

Just listened to the soundtrack, and "Lord of Light"'s SECOND PART sounds very LSHish.

I think they used the track before, maybe for Jon's resurrection? I'm not so sure about that. But the second part....doesn't sound familiar.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Just listened to the soundtrack, and "Lord of Light"'s SECOND PART sounds very LSHish.

I think they used the track before, maybe for Jon's resurrection? I'm not so sure about that. But the second part....doesn't sound familiar.

The first half is from the Melisandre reveal at the end of the first episode from this season. The other half is not. The motif you hear in the second half of “Lord of Light” is a stronger, more pressing version of the theme we heard way back at the start of season two when we first met Stannis in “Warrior of Light”.  

The earlier incarnation was broader than this second one, although still mystical and ominous back then.  This new one is driving, dark, and triumphant — about something.  It sounds like something to go with the harrowing climax of a suspense thriller or war movie in which we see the utter annihilation of the other side, whoever this is.

And no, I do not think we have heard this on the show yet during the first nine episodes.  In which scenes would the Lord of Light reasonably figure?  I count these:

• It wasn't part of the scene of Jon's resurrection, neither before nor after.
  • It wasn't part of scene where Sandor runs into Beric and Thoros.
  • It wasn't part of scenes in Meereen with the Kinvara or the other red priests there.

I don’t know what scene it was written for, but it is incredibly melodramatic.  And I'm plum out of Lord of Light scenes that we've already seen.  Certainly none of them were that of the triumphant, even frenentically raging, Lord of Light theme you point out in the second half of that new track.

You know. . . . 

9 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

The first half is from the Melisandre reveal at the end of the first episode from this season. The other half is not. The motif you hear in the second half of “Lord of Light” is a stronger, more pressing version of the theme we heard way back at the start of season two when we first met Stannis in “Warrior of Light”.  

The earlier incarnation was broader than this second one, although still mystical and ominous back then.  This new one is driving, dark, and triumphant — about something.  It sounds like something to go with the harrowing climax of a suspense thriller or war movie in which we see the utter annihilation of the other side, whoever this is.

And no, I do not think we have heard this on the show yet during the first nine episodes.  In which scenes would the Lord of Light reasonably figure?  I count these:

• It wasn't part of the scene of Jon's resurrection, neither before nor after.
  • It wasn't part of scene where Sandor runs into Beric and Thoros.
  • It wasn't part of scenes in Meereen with the Kinvara or the other red priests there.

I don’t know what scene it was written for, but it is incredibly melodramatic.  And I'm plum out of Lord of Light scenes that we've already seen.  Certainly none of them were that of the triumphant, even frenentically raging, Lord of Light theme you point out in the second half of that new track.

You know. . . . 

it's in the credits after e.602, but it wouldn't be the first time a track is re-used in the same season

There are some moments (around minute 2.40-2.59) than IMO haven't been heard at all.

Anyway, that's what I'd use to introduce a certain Lady, but what really bothers me is the 2 truths and one lie (the game should be fair and not a laugh at readers) and if we trust in that, Cersei should die if not LSH appears. Both things are very unlikely, but....

Of course, if the game is fair, we could argue that Arya is not in the trailer in The Feast and won't kill anyone, but I think that it's even more unlikely, because that would mean that if not LSH, no one would be killed and at the same time, 3 would be killed, which is totally contradictory.

On 6/24/2016 at 2:13 PM, Meera of Tarth said:

Adding more people it's not fair...

Her current list members are: Cersei, The Mountain and Walder Frey. I can't see more than two being crossed out (either by she killing them or them being killed in other circumstances).

And Melisandre was only on her list two or three seasons ago, it doesn't count.

But of course anything can happen, but then it's not a fair game. The list should be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j31CKTfuUh0 

except for MT that he is not there anymore for obvious reasons.

So it was worse than I expected! Black Walder and Lothar were apparently added to the list off-screen. Or Turner was just speaking imprecisely, as people tend to do. That Frey Pie scene was not all it could have been. So weak compared to the books.

There's always next season though, right? Melisandre is heading south with nothing else to do...

6 minutes ago, UnmaskedLurker said:

So can we finally put all the LSH theories to rest? She is not going to be on the TV show -- 'nuff said.

I just wanna make sure I understand you. She's not going to be on the show, but you're not talking about book theories there, are you? I just wanna make sure you don't think that because she was cut from the show she can't play a large role in the books. 

38 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I just wanna make sure I understand you. She's not going to be on the show, but you're not talking about book theories there, are you? I just wanna make sure you don't think that because she was cut from the show she can't play a large role in the books. 

I don't think she is going to be a critical part of the ENDGAME, but she certainly can be important for plot points in the books. I simply was trying to make sure we can put an end to the theories that she is going to be on the show -- nothing more or less. But I never thought she was going to be critical to the endgame in the books, so that analysis is not really based on her not being on the show.

25 minutes ago, UnmaskedLurker said:

I don't think she is going to be a critical part of the ENDGAME, but she certainly can be important for plot points in the books. I simply was trying to make sure we can put an end to the theories that she is going to be on the show -- nothing more or less. But I never thought she was going to be critical to the endgame in the books, so that analysis is not really based on her not being on the show.

Ok, just making sure. I don't expect her to survive Winds, but she could potentially make quite an impact before she goes. I'm thinking Red Wedding 2.0. I don't see Arya being the one to dish out that bit of justice. 

So Arya can be the one that takes her place and gets revenge on the Freys

Its now become very clear that Arya has taken that storyline ( she also took Wyman Manderly story)

I will not be surprised if she is the one who ends up joining up with the brotherhood without banners and tries to kill Brianna  

Honestly this one of the few changes that I actually like

rather than dragging Catelyn Stark corpses into the story   

they simple replaced her with a bloodthirsty Arya stark ( someone who had already been killing freys since season 3)

It was smart move on D&D part and a change that I fully support

2 minutes ago, Rex999 said:

So Arya can be the one that takes her place and gets revenge on the Freys

Its now become very clear that Arya has taken that storyline ( she also took Wyman Manderly story)

I will not be surprised if she is the one who ends up joining up with the brotherhood without banners and tries to kill Brianna  

Honestly this one of the few changes that I actually like

rather than dragging Catelyn Stark corpses into the story   

They simple replaced her with a bloodthirsty Arya stark ( someone who had already been killing freys since season 3)

It was smart move on D&D part and a change that I fully support

Agreed. It makes sense given Aryas connection to the Brotherhood and Sandor as well, rather than pulling a dead Cat out of your ass.

Yeah. Season 7 will have Arya meeting BWoB and Sandor. Where it goes...nobody knows, but that's that. No LSH.

I'm personally disappointed. I think this season could have been amplified if she was introduced in Ep 8 and carried out revenge at the Twins in Ep 10, but what do i know?

Arya taking out Filthy Frey was not satisfying to me at all, it felt rushed and lame(just like most of the finale). Guess we don't need LSH anymore because both her daughters are taking the role of 'psycho'. I'm pissed, the entire Riverlands plot was pointless filler. The BWB don't feel like they are going to matter anyway, so why bother bringing them back when you have to get rid of characters to make room for the endgame. 

And the worst is all the trolling throughout the season(s), actors messing with us, dumb fans making fake leaks, and D&D not just telling us how it is. Just tell us she is out instead of keeping us on a leash.

9 minutes ago, Kelly Koehorst said:

Arya taking out Filthy Frey was not satisfying to me at all, it felt rushed and lame(just like most of the finale). Guess we don't need LSH anymore because both her daughters are taking the role of 'psycho'. I'm pissed, the entire Riverlands plot was pointless filler. The BWB don't feel like they are going to matter anyway, so why bother bringing them back when you have to get rid of characters to make room for the endgame. 

Rushed.

Lame.

Pointless filler.

This sums exactly how I feel for the Riverlands arc in S6.

I am not a Tully fan, Jaime Lannister is my favourite character. I didn't like Catelyn and I certainly don't like LS.

But the ending in S6 was incredibly boring, no climax, no excitement.

Jaime and Walder demean each other, so what?

Both of them have been insulted in their entire lives.

Then there is the dinner/feast/whatever scene and I secretly hoped that we will get something, such as a musician playing the Rains of Castamere, Jaime looking at the BWB emerging in the castle and killing everyone in sight. Jaime survives but Bronn doesn't.

And what we got instead?

A gay for Jaime moment, when Bronn, once again mentioned how handsome Jaime is and how every girl is attracted to him. Jealous much?

Instead of you know, Brienne luring Jaime into a trap and offering him to the BWB in exchange for Pod's life (which is the reason that Pod became her squire in the first place), we have Bronn complaining that Jaime is spending too much time with Brienne.

And is the impact of Walder's murder really that great?

He ate some of his sons, so what?

He did not live long enough to complain how awful they taste.

He is dead and so are some of his sons. He still has plenty more to succeed him.

Archived