Targs Madness is a disease only carried by men

voltron

Given the huge amount of text we have on female Targaryens, you are obviously correct. Wait, Rhaenyra is the full extent of female Targs, did I remember that correctly?

1. Yeah Mirri Maz was a regular peaches and rainbow nice lady who never did anything
2. Not the greatest thing ever but far better than what anyone else in the series would have done
3. They did the same, it was eye for an eye justice
4. Could've been handled better but she didn't do anything wrong

1. Yeah, victim blaming.

2. Ramsay is not a good standard. Otherwise, name them.

3. Nope.

4. Ok, Daario is just bad news.

1. Burning a child murderer alive. She didn't burn her because she was raped by the Dothraki.

2. Many of the leaders of the time (and ours) employ this method for questioning. I'm not excusing any of them, but it is not a unique occurrence to the demon queen Dany.

3. As justice for 163 murdered children. It may not have been the right choice, but it came from the idea of wanting to promote justice.

4. Sexism.

Don't feed the trolls LSH. You're better than that.

Mad Targaryens: Aerys, probably Rhaegel and Viserys. ALthough A and R were most likely turned into madness due to extreme circunstances.

...no woman.

Not enough proof to make an argument, but OP could be on the track.

And of course, everytime a Targaryen sneezes, he's crazy if he made much noise.

I'm not saying that female targs can't have mental illness, i'm just saying they can't have what some call the targaryen madness, which is a madness carried by the targaryen family. If Targaryen madness really exist, than in the history of westeros, we can only say based on proofs that only men can have it, not women.

Mad Targaryens: Aerys, probably Rhaegel and Viserys. ALthough A and R were most likely turned into madness due to extreme circunstances.

...no woman.

Not enough proof to make an argument, but OP could be on the track.

And of course, everytime a Targaryen sneezes, he's crazy if he made much noise.

I'd argue Aerys and Viserys are more likely to have been naturally predisposed to depression, and traumatic experiences made it worse. Rhaegel I think was just born a bit crazy, but the gentle sort of crazy; more eccentric than "mad".

I'm not saying that female targs can't have mental illness, i'm just saying they can't have what some call the targaryen madness, which is a madness carried by the targaryen family. If Targaryen madness really exist, than in the history of westeros, we can only say based on proofs that only men can have it, not women.

here's the thing, and it kinda fits if you think about it:

lack of evidence (here as lack of female targaryen record) isn't necessarily confirmation of evidence.

it can go either way STRICTLY because we dont have a lot of information to go on.

but labelling mental disorder as gender-specific ESPECIALLY with some of the choices daenerys has made is just madness in of itself

I bet Aerion what a sane person too. :P

Well, it depends. Based on what we know of Aerion his brother Daeron had prophetic dreams of the return of dragons. Quite why this led Aerion to think that drinking wildfire would turn him into a living dragon we don't know, but I doubt it'd be a spur of the moment thing. The problems with visions is that they can be misinterpreted, and Daeron seems to have found them more a curse than a blessing. But the Targaryens were essentially saved from The Doom due to paying heid to Daenys' dragon dreams, so it's possible that something in one of Daeron's dreams mixed in with Targaryen prophecies led Aerion to believe he would be a living dragon.

I know a targ woman who went head on into a fire.

Yeah, but her reasons for doing so turned out to be valid. If that's insane, is Aenar Targaryen insane for moving his entire family, dragons, slaves, kin etc from Valyria to Dragonstone because of Daenys' visions?

here's the thing, and it kinda fits if you think about it:

lack of evidence (here as lack of female targaryen record) isn't necessarily confirmation of evidence.

it can go either way STRICTLY because we dont have a lot of information to go on.

but labelling mental disorder as gender-specific ESPECIALLY with some of the choices daenerys has made is just madness in of itself

Madness is a serious issue, the behaviour for someone who has that illness is extreme, i think it would have been reported if some women had it, the Targs were royal family, so someone with a extreme behaviors would be at least known by the entourage, and story would have been written on this by the maesters, but no stories were written on the women behaviours. They were so quick to wrote that Rhaenyra was mad when she was not, so i don't think they would have missed a case of madness.

all i need to say is this. if you dont think daenerys is mentally ill, and her beliefs of being savior/messiah arent getting too too extravagant as of yet, just wait until moqorro proclaims her azor ahai.

i think her actions then will answer any questions you may have regarding her narcissistic superiority complex

Are.you.serious? How about paranoia, schizophrenia?

Where's the evidence that he's schizophrenic though? So far we've encountered him in one novella, where he seemed like an arrogant, entitled noble.

All we know about the wildfire incident thus far is that he drank wildfire as he believed it'd turn him into a living dragon. We don't know what led him to that conclusion. It could be that he was schizophrenic; it could be that he's somewhat bi-polar (which other Targaryens show signs of); it could be that he's an egomaniac and interpreted one of Daeron's dreams to be about him.

So yes, I'm serious. We don't yet know.

Madness is a serious issue, the behaviour for someone who has that illness is extreme, i think it would have been reported if some women had it, the Targs were royal family, so someone with a extreme behaviors would be at least known by the entourage, and story would have been written on this by the maesters, but no stories were written on the women behaviours. They were so quick to wrote that Rhaenyra was mad when she was not, so i don't think they would have missed a case of madness.

but youre basing this off of what, 2 cases of female targaryen. and countless males. the control group alone isnt substantial enough to even diagnose.

ok, i pick two random females on the street, will they have mental disease? (actually, new york is a bad example)

Archived