[BOOK/SHOW SPOILERS] A certain scene in Winterfell

I think I'm going to have to prewatch this episode before I watch it with my wife. All the talk on here sounds like it might be something that really upsets her. She didn't like any of the Theon torture scenes (neither did I).

The worst part is, like someone said a second ago, why would Littlefinger bring her to marry the Boltons when he could have taken her to the wall to make a deal with Stannis. Why deal with Bolton scum at all?

Poor Sansa. She has been dodging sex bullets for a long time. I guess all plot armor runs out eventually. She isn't the first teenage virgin we've seen married off and bedded on the show, lest you forget one our first Dany scenes.

I think some people wouldn't be so bothered by her losing her virginity if it was to someone besides Ramsay. Hell, I've heard from a lot of show only people that they thought she should have been happy to be with Tyrion.

You could say, if she does this, she is "killing the boy and letting the man be born." But, you know, girl. I am not looking forward to the scene, but I am intrigued where it will take Sansa. Her reaction to seeing Theon had the perfect mix of horror and anger; the horror of someone she knew, like -that-, but the anger of him being the one to 'kill' her brothers.

The spoiler recap says for this episode and all we know is that Ramsay atleast makes Theon watch and attempts to consummate the marriage to Sansa. it does not say that he will complete or simply succeed in that task. This is all we know. However, I thought of this as a possibility:

What if off screen,last episode, when Littlefinger left Winterfell after saying goodbye to Sansa, told Bolton, that I will be back in short time so let them get used to each other and we will have the wedding when I return (With Littlefinger never intending for the wedding to take place). However, as we saw in last week's episode, Stannis leaves the wall and Roose may have spies at the wall. Roose then decides to speed up things and have the wedding to next week, followed by a successful bedding. Now, can you imagine Littlefinger's reaction upon returning to Winterfell and Roose greets him with "the newlyweds are doing well and you were right, she was a virgin". Littlefinger reply, "what?", "you were to wait upon my return for the ceremony". Roose would respond "Stannis is on the march here so I epedited things". I just had the feeling when Littlefinger was in the crypt with Sansa that he assured her the wedding would not take place. Can you imagine if Littlefinger expected same and lost out on Sansa's virtue, just like he lost Cat?

Interesting theory! Not sure if Baelish will be returning to WF this season or not though. I kinda fear for him in King's Landing. He might be able to weasel his way out of Cersei's paranoia, but what about the church army? They're nuts and would certainly arrest him upon knowing he owned the main brothel in the city.

I'd like to say I could see a failed attempt at consumating their marriage, but the logical part of me just knows that won't happen. This is Ramsay we're talking about. He's not going to be like Tyrion and just leave her alone for the night.

The only way Littlefinger's plan makes any sense is if he had a contingency plan for saving Sansa from the Boltons, or providing her with some kind of assistance in getting her revenge. I'm pretty sure there isn't any though.

I do expect them to try and make up their own kind of grey wedding, which will of course have to 'top' the Purple and Red Weddings.

Something say like:

Ramsay kills Fat Walda and has her made into the pies for the wedding, and forces Reek to watch, while telling him he'll do this to Sansa after she gives him an heir. Reek mumbles some kind of half warning to Sansa. During the wedding feast Ramsay reveals to his father whats in the pies and then kills him, telling Sansa that Winterfell is his wedding gift to her, to go with the Myranda Pies. During the bedding ritual, Theon takes Sansa to the tower instead, she lights the candle, and Brianne rushes in just as Stannis' army shows up and lays siege.

-pie reference

-Ramsey gets to be psycho without hurting "Dark Empowered" Sansa

-Brianne has to decide between her oath to protect Sansa and her oath to kill Stannis.

-Littlefinger's plan still doesn't make any sense.

It depends, now, we are led up to the part where Theon is obviously crying while watching Ramsay and supposedly Sansa in the bed. I suspect that will be the last scene of the episode but there is always the possibility of a disturbance or something happening that interupts. I doubt it but since this is uncharted territory, anything can happen here. Options are open. Whether they know it or not, all of the interviews with the cast actually are easy to dot the lines to and figure out that she is going to be married and atleast attempt to be bedded. I cannot imagine that since the actress was 18 years old when this was filmed that they would spare her the sex bullett again after the riot, tyrion, the hound, joff threatening and littlefinger and let her escape Ramsay too. Not gonna happen.

I expect this event to be the "trigger event" that completes her transition into "Darth Sansa" that we have been waiting for the first half of this season to show up. I guess it takes a traumatic and extremely unpleasant personal event such as this with Ramsay to pull the trigger?

I think LF's plan works best if he actually plans for Sansa to be in fear for her life and then he turns up and saves her. Otherwise he's an idiot.

LF's original plan didn't include leaving Winterfell. So, whatever he wanted to accomplish, he seemed to have believed ten armed men were enough (?)

Long time member here but i hardly ever post. (just read) but this season is taking the mike so much i feel the ned to post. D&D and mr cogman have been yanking our chains for years now. unsullied friends now dread tuesday's when i rant on the episode aired the night before.

I read on another thread that the book vale storyline has been moved to winterfell for the show. if this theory is correct we can assume that sansa is going to lose her maidenhead to harry the heir, fair enough in my opinion. but ramsey? really WTF. That changes the whole picture.

i just want to vent spleen somewhere knowing that there is a good chance that a fair few other people are feeling the same way i am. So AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

in regards to littlefingers plan? he dosent have one. show finger is a complete numpty. book finger is an arsehole but a clever arsehole.

I think show-Sansa's is going to be *exactly* book-Jeyne's story.

From the wiki: Jeyne is forced to marry Ramsay and pleads with Theon Greyjoy several times before the wedding for him to help her and take her away. When stripped by Theon for the bedding, numerous scars cover Jeyne's back, suggesting she had been whipped. [..] Jeyne spends all her time confined to a tower and is deeply traumatized by the things Ramsay does to her. The maids who bath her notice the bruises on her body and the girl's sobbing is known throughout Winterfell. According to Lady Dustin, the crying of "Arya Stark" is more a danger than the army of Stannis Baratheon. The Freys may not care, but the other northern houses who had served House Stark for generations do, and morale is being damaged from hearing the cries of Eddard Stark's "daughter". A rescue attempt is launched by Mance Rayder, who was sent south to rescue "Arya Stark". They enlist or force the help of Theon Greyjoy. Though Jeyne and Theon manage to escape Winterfell, Mance and the spearwives do not. [..] After escaping from Winterfell Jeyne and Theon are discovered by Mors Umber and brought to the main camp of Stannis Baratheon.

It fixes many problems brought on by the show's changes: Mance dying in the show but not in the book (his book-role will be played by Brienne), Brienne 'killed' by LS in the book but not in the show (she will die as much as Mance does at the end of ADwD), a reason for Theon to snap out of it, a reason for the North to join Stannis, Theon ending up with Stannis etc etc..

Long time member here but i hardly ever post. (just read) but this season is taking the mike so much i feel the ned to post. D&D and mr cogman have been yanking our chains for years now. unsullied friends now dread tuesday's when i rant on the episode aired the night before.

I read on another thread that the book vale storyline has been moved to winterfell for the show. if this theory is correct we can assume that sansa is going to lose her maidenhead to harry the heir, fair enough in my opinion. but ramsey? really WTF. That changes the whole picture.

i just want to vent spleen somewhere knowing that there is a good chance that a fair few other people are feeling the same way i am. So AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

in regards to littlefingers plan? he dosent have one. show finger is a complete numpty. book finger is an arsehole but a clever arsehole.

You have come to the right place.

I'm still sticking to my theory that I came up with after no LSH last season: Stannis attacks WF, Sansa collaborates with the loyal Northmen and is killed by Ramsay and then resurected as LSH by Red Lady Mel.

I don't think the show will waste a resurrection on Sansa. If they are going that way, Ramsay will disfigure her (hey, no need for a pretty face to help him father a dynasty and also keeps Myranda's jealousy at bay) and the experience will turn her into a vengeance driven monster.

But that also means the show will need to reestablish that the Freys exist and send Sansa south to hang their entrails from hearth trees (because entrails hanging from hearth trees is begging to happen at least in the books)

I don't think Sansa would get s resurrection. If anyone gets a resurrection or rebirth, the most likely candidate would be Jon Snow. He is the character IMO that would exact revenge on the Boltons/Freys and not Sansa. Sansa wprobably will bide her time and use her new empowerment skills when she escapes with Theon, She may even kill a few foes in the process. I just can't fathom a LSH.....especially since we will already have a zombie type Frankenstein in the form of Robert Strong (aka The Mountain).

I don't think Sansa would get s resurrection. If anyone gets a resurrection or rebirth, the most likely candidate would be Jon Snow. He is the character IMO that would exact revenge on the Boltons/Freys and not Sansa. Sansa wprobably will bide her time and use her new empowerment skills when she escapes with Theon, She may even kill a few foes in the process. I just can't fathom a LSH.....especially since we will already have a zombie type Frankenstein in the form of Robert Strong (aka The Mountain).

I don't think Jon will be extracting vengeance on the Freys. The Boltons maybe, but Jon battles are with the White Walkers and he can't afford a detour to the Twins.

It fixes many problems brought on by the show's changes: Mance dying in the show but not in the book (his book-role will be played by Brienne), Brienne 'killed' by LS in the book but not in the show (she will die as much as Mance does at the end of ADwD), a reason for Theon to snap out of it, a reason for the North to join Stannis, Theon ending up with Stannis etc etc..

Mance died at the end of ADWD? I honestly don't remember that. I have a recollection that he was captured by Ramsay and kept prisoner in a cage according to the letter but not that he was killed off.

I don't think Jon will be extracting vengeance on the Freys. The Boltons maybe, but Jon battles are with the White Walkers and he can't afford a detour to the Twins.

I don't think he will go to the Twins either. Jon will win the North at Winterfell and then it will be time to fight The Others. Meanwhile, the Lannisters and Martells will be at each other's throats in the south. Then Daenerys will make her move. A lot of the characters are gonna start dying like flies now as winter approaches and sets in.

Mance died at the end of ADWD? I honestly don't remember that. I have a recollection that he was captured by Ramsay and kept prisoner in a cage according to the letter but not that he was killed off.

If we are to believe Ramsay Snow then Mance is still alive. Here's the pink letter:

Your false king is dead, bastard. He and all his host were smashed in seven days of battle. I have his magic sword. Tell his red whore.

Your false king's friends are dead. Their heads upon the walls of Winterfell. Come see them, bastard. Your false king lied, and so did you. You told the world you burned the King-Beyond-the-Wall. Instead you sent him to Winterfell to steal my bride from me.

I will have my bride back. If you want Mance Rayder back, come and get him. I have him in a cage for all the north to see, proof of your lies. The cage is cold, but I have made him a warm cloak from the skins of the six whores who came with him to Winterfell.

I want my bride back. I want the false king's queen. I want his daughter and his red witch. I want this wildling princess. I want his little prince, the wildling babe. And I want my Reek. Send them to me, bastard, and I will not trouble you or your black crows. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your bastard's heart and eat it.

Ramsay Bolton, Trueborn Lord of Winterfell.

The only way Littlefinger's plan makes any sense is if he had a contingency plan for saving Sansa from the Boltons, or providing her with some kind of assistance in getting her revenge. I'm pretty sure there isn't any though.

I do expect them to try and make up their own kind of grey wedding, which will of course have to 'top' the Purple and Red Weddings.

Something say like:

Ramsay kills Fat Walda and has her made into the pies for the wedding, and forces Reek to watch, while telling him he'll do this to Sansa after she gives him an heir. Reek mumbles some kind of half warning to Sansa. During the wedding feast Ramsay reveals to his father whats in the pies and then kills him, telling Sansa that Winterfell is his wedding gift to her, to go with the Myranda Pies. During the bedding ritual, Theon takes Sansa to the tower instead, she lights the candle, and Brianne rushes in just as Stannis' army shows up and lays siege.

-pie reference

-Ramsey gets to be psycho without hurting "Dark Empowered" Sansa

-Brianne has to decide between her oath to protect Sansa and her oath to kill Stannis.

-Littlefinger's plan still doesn't make any sense.

I really enjoyed this theory.

Except you're wrong and Sansa is getting bedded.

It's crucial for a smooth story.

Archived