GRRM is planning a new surprise plot twist - what could it be?

If I were to guess, it might be related to somebody's parentage or background. I think the more exotic theories regarding Tyrion can be dismissed, since that would ruin the father-son relationship that has been so important for his development all series long.

However, in the books, there are plenty of people we don't really know much about. Missandei, Hodor, Bronn, Qyburn, Daario, the High Sparrow... The list of named-but-not-fleshed-out characters is quite long. Most of them are also present in the show, with small behavioural quirks or off-hand remarks that could be hinting of something Martin wants to expand on.

Of course, it could also simply be based on one of the theories posted here on this board. When Martin says "very organic and natural", it could mean that he considers it to fit well with what is already written, doesn't contradict anything or break established characters - which is basically a requirement for any good theory. He could have been made aware of some of the multi-thread-spanning, elaborate theories, chuckled, thought for a while and said "Yeah, let's go with that".

Or he could decide "nah, it won't work" and simply scrap it all, and we'll never know what it was all about. Time will tell, I guess.

I have this strong feeling that it has to do with Sansa. GRRM is not going to change who Jon's parents just because people figured it out. That would be cheap and a cop-out. He'll probably just reveal it in a different way than the show will perhaps.

Maybe Sansa takes a more forceful approach into taking revenge for the Red Wedding? Hey, the twist could be that Aegon is the real deal but Daenerys believes him to be a mummer and a Blackfyre.

GRRM is planning a new plot twist. I keep going back to when Cersi was a girl and she visited the woods witch to get her fortune told. The Witch told her when she grew up she would loose the throne to a younger, more beautiful Queen. Cersi thinks it's Margaery. I think it is Daenerys. As she is all of those things and much more beautiful.

Personally I think Gendry is involved as his plot is significantly removed from the show (no row, row row your boat in the books) and he is certainly a long time character. Possibly Brienne, Thoros, Jaime, Lady Stoneheart, Hotpie? thrown in aswell who knows? I just believe the fact Gendry is still around and relevant implies that there is going to be something BIG to do with him soon.

GRRM is planning a new plot twist. I keep going back to when Cersi was a girl and she visited the woods witch to get her fortune told. The Witch told her when she grew up she would loose the throne to a younger, more beautiful Queen. Cersi thinks it's Margaery. I think it is Daenerys. As she is all of those things and much more beautiful.

It's unlikely to be Dany because Cersei has already managed to screw herself over without Dany's help. From among Cersei's rivals, Sansa is imo, the most likely. But, personally I think that the younger, and more beautiful Queen is Cersei herself -- the personification of her vanity.

Up until her imprisonment and the walk of shame, Cersei believed herself in control. She thought herself smarter than she was, more powerful than she was, more beautiful and younger, than she was.

In Cersei's mind political power is irremediably linked to the power of seduction....During the walk of shame, she is confronted to the fact that she has aged, however. Her self-confidence is shattered by that one realization. The insults people throw at her, changes the perception she has of her own body, of her Self.

The walk of shame, is like seeing her reflection in a mirror -- for the first time in a long while, Cersei sees her true self...And because she has relied only on her beauty and on seduction to get what she wants, her 'tarnished' older self is, in her mind, powerless.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums!

No she was given moon tea. But I'm thinking the Blackfish attacks the party with her and Edmure and impregnates Jeyne so they can say its Robb's heir. Jamie did say if she got pregnant within the next 2 years whispers would start that it was Robb's.

The BF may have a floppy fish in this scenerio but he will be able to suffer through for his King.

Jaime was TOLD she was given Moon Tea, there is no proof that is true.

And Jeyne being pregnant does not have to be about the different description of Jeyne's hips

There are just too many open threads surrounding Jeyne and the Blackfish for there not to be something there.

Jeyne is the grand daughter of Maggie the Frog

The Blackfish has disapeared

The Stark flag flew over Riverrun long after Robb died.

The BWB and un-Cat are still running around the Riverlands

Jeyne and family are on their way thru the Riverlands to Lannisport

I think what is most interesting about this is that it must be something that has been discussed on these boards before (law of large numbers and all that).

Doubt it's a KotN heir, pretty sure he has been asked this in interviews therefore it would have occurred to him. Plus he presumably knew they were gonna knock Tulisa (yuck) up and so it must have also occurred to him then.

Archived