Jorah's Fate

I'm not certain Jorah is going to make it this season. Dany will have Tyrion as her advisor and they're going to keep dumb Daario around for her pine after ... so I think Jorah's purpose is pretty much done at the end of this season. Dany doesn't want or need him. And since he got Tyrion to Dany ahead of schedule (well at least from a book reader's perspective) I don't see the need to keep him around?

I'm not certain Jorah is going to make it this season. Dany will have Tyrion as her advisor and they're going to keep dumb Daario around for her pine after ... so I think Jorah's purpose is pretty much done at the end of this season. Dany doesn't want or need him. And since he got Tyrion to Dany ahead of schedule (well at least from a book reader's perspective) I don't see the need to keep him around?

Agreed, I can see him dying in Daznak's Pit

Well, I didn't think Jorah was going to survive the book, so I don't see how greyscale really changes his fate on the TV series. In both the book and the TV series, I think he's going to live at least long enough to set foot on Westeros again. So I think he's going to survive this season of the TV show (honestly, I thought they would save the big reveal that he was sick until episode 10).

I'm predicting a scene where Dany tries to slap Jorah before she knows about the greyscale, and he has to stop her hand with his arm or a gloved hand before she touches him.

Also, I want a fight scene where he uses his greyscale arm like a shield (sort of like Jamie finally realized he could do with his golden hand).

I want Jorah to be there to help Dany. I'm happy he is back defending her in the pit, but I'd really like to see him make it back to Westeros. That would be great if they could somehow stop the infection. Maybe we are all supposed to believe he will die and then, surprise, he doesn't. :) I'll just keep hoping for now. Jonah has always been on of my favorites.

I like/hate Jorah. He is an annoying character at best for me. However, he is incredibly creepy, almost fiendish, and not having him around will cast a void on Dany's colorless entourage.

The actors voice (forget his name and do not feel like looking it up now) is borderline pedophile-ish, and if you see any of his other roles ( Ripper Street and Jack Taylor) the same bizarre persona seems to have stuck with him.

Well, I didn't think Jorah was going to survive the book, so I don't see how greyscale really changes his fate on the TV series. In both the book and the TV series, I think he's going to live at least long enough to set foot on Westeros again. So I think he's going to survive this season of the TV show (honestly, I thought they would save the big reveal that he was sick until episode 10).

I'm predicting a scene where Dany tries to slap Jorah before she knows about the greyscale, and he has to stop her hand with his arm or a gloved hand before she touches him.

Also, I want a fight scene where he uses his greyscale arm like a shield (sort of like Jamie finally realized he could do with his golden hand).

I think he uses his hand like that in the season 5 trailer. We see him backhand a gladiator pretty rough.

Grayscale has been cured before, it can be cured again.

Hope he is proactive though--seems he is in the denial/hide phase.

Hate to lose 2 of my top 10 in one season.

Well if he's in the pits this season I doubt he has much time to treat it. We're already halfway through the season. I think his only hope is if that Red Priestess shows up and gives him the Victarion treatment. Otherwise that whole arm is going to be infected by the time this season ends.

Poor Jorah. I think his fate will be the same as that master at the beginning of the episode, dragon fire kills 99.99% of bacteria, but not until he has already brought the greyscale to Westeros causing the death of hundreds.

Jorah will be enslaved by the Ghiscari, he'll be relegated to the fighting pits, despite Daenerys' orders for only free men to be allowed to fight, and after Drogon whisks Daenerys away on his back, he'll find himself in an arena, armed to the teeth, and will start a Spartacus-like revolt, which will replace the whole war with Yunkai/Barristan element in the books. I mean, he's got greyscale, his chica just flew away on a dragon, and he'll have nothing else to lose and decide to go down fighting.

Grayscale has been cured before, it can be cured again.

Hope he is proactive though--seems he is in the denial/hide phase.

Hate to lose 2 of my top 10 in one season.

4 main characters are scheduled to die. Barristan was #1. I'm thinking Jorah will be among them, Maester Aemon (pretty obvious), and Shireen will be sacrificed. If we're talking about characters that aren't dead in the books, then replace Aemon with Margaery or perhaps Davos. The season will end on a cliffhanger of Jon getting stabbed by Bowen Marsh and Olly, Stannis and the Boltons about to get into the biggest snowball fight the North has ever seen, and Slaver's Bay erupting in chaos. Varys might even sneak back into KL and kill Pycelle.

Not not LF!!! he is my top pick :(

I can't lose 3 picks in one season....that would be like my own personal red wedding :'(

Plus he is such a phenomenal actor and facilitates the story so well. He is a great catalyst, don't do it DnD.

4 main characters are scheduled to die. Barristan was #1. I'm thinking Jorah will be among them, Maester Aemon (pretty obvious), and Shireen will be sacrificed. If we're talking about characters that aren't dead in the books, then replace Aemon with Margaery or perhaps Davos. The season will end on a cliffhanger of Jon getting stabbed by Bowen Marsh and Olly, Stannis and the Boltons about to get into the biggest snowball fight the North has ever seen, and Slaver's Bay erupting in chaos. Varys might even sneak back into KL and kill Pycelle.

Selmy, Aemon, Bronn (though I wish it was Jamie) and pycelle would be 4.

Not sure why some people think Jorah will be introducing greyscale to Westeros. It's there already. Why would Shireen have it? Why would the wildlings know about it and leave their kids to die if they have traces of it?

Archived