TTTNE 454 - The Incredible Sulk

Tellus Explorer

:rolleyes:

For the record, if you go to Dunkin Donuts, you only get the free donut with a beverage purchase. At Krispy Kreme, no purchase is necessary.

I'm going to get my new library card on Monday. Kindle books are starting to hit 12.99-14.99. Time to go back to the time honored method of the library for fiction.

Buck, you were right. In the end, libraries will outlast electronic media for reading.

It's going :P

Slow morning, but the office closes a couple hours early today which is nice. I keep getting busier and busier with my department head putting me in charge of more things but I figure that means I'm impressing him so I'll take it.

It's been a non-stop crazy busy year. June isn't looking any different. Even all my weekends are already booked with stuff to do. There was a time when that would be awesome but I haven't had a weekend where I got to just sit my ass at home and not do anything since the beginning of the year.

I'm in purchasing. I was mostly doing techy type stuff, setting up computers and then packaging them in the warehouse to get shipped. Now I'm in charge of buying building/construction equipment, laptops and other electronics and agricultural/farming equipment and keeping track of all our shipments to make sure they reach the countries when they're supposed to and get through customs in a reasonable amount of time.

When I switched to full-time in February I was just doing inventory management (still do that as part of my job) and actually being a buyer was a down-the-road thing. Unfortunately an older member of the department has been out sick for quite a while and I've had to fill in for him. It's likely he won't be able to come back, and if that's the case I'll probably be getting a promotion sooner than I thought. Which is nice for me, but I feel bad for him.

How are things going with you, Bex?

I can't complain. Even though I do :p

Pops is slowly getting better and will be home in a couple of weeks. Which is more than I dared to hope for, so I'm happy :)

Pops is slowly getting better and will be home in a couple of weeks. Which is more than I dared to hope for, so I'm happy :)

I'm glad to hear that Bex. I was wondering how he was but didn't like to ask

Archived