TTTNE 454 - The Incredible Sulk

Tellus Explorer

I was at the bbq party with some others, but I did not eat anything. :lol: It was still fun talking though!

Work is getting worst...if there weren't for kiddies who make it good I would leave tomorrow. I almost ...and I know this is shitty thing to say...but I almost wish I have some nasty pregnancy symptoms like all day long 24/7 morning sickness etc so I could use it as an excuse to quit. There I said it,I'm a horrible person. I just don't want to fight to stay at this job anymore. I don't feel fulfilled and respected,but it's pretty good so there's always this stupid,shut up and don't complain about first world problems there are people who would love to be in your situation...argument. I wish I was more guts-y.

Otherwise all is well. Peanut (that's how we call the baby) is behaving and cooperating. On Thursday I'll see the doctor to do another check up. Fingers crossed it's all ok.

We were browsing trough shops for some baby items....damn I need a manual...some of those things....they had tricoders on star trek that looked easier to figure out. I actually recognized three items...rest is just strangely painted plastic that plays tunes....happy happy joy joy...oh and price is so reasonable I will have to start grifting again...or sell a kidney...argh

I am sorry about the work situation. :grouphug: I do hope that they come to their senses and your situation improves.

How long is the maternity leave you are getting? I mean, you are getting a maternity leave, yes?

Hope you can get at least some of the used things from relatives and friends, though living that far away, this possibility must be quite limited.

Want. :drool:

Also, do you pronounce it "skwon" to make it rhyme with "one"? Because I would say "skoun".

Peanut. I'm literally melting over this. Great to hear you're doing well, Koba! Do get some asoiaf themed stuff for the baby. Or if you don't, we will I'm sorry to hear the job sucks though. Is it the colleagues or the place if not the kiddies? Hope things will get better or you find an alternative :)

Are you implying whoever draws Koba for the next board Secret Santa will just buy her baby things? :lol:

It is warm here too, I love it. Summery summer with shorts. Though the university main building, that is really old with thick walls, is still quite cold.

I was at the bbq party with some others, but I did not eat anything. :lol: It was still fun talking though!

I am sorry about the work situation. :grouphug: I do hope that they come to their senses and your situation improves.

How long is the maternity leave you are getting? I mean, you are getting a maternity leave, yes?

Hope you can get at least some of the used things from relatives and friends, though living that far away, this possibility must be quite limited.

Want. :drool:

Also, do you pronounce it "skwon" to make it rhyme with "one"? Because I would say "skoun".

Are you implying whoever draws Koba for the next board Secret Santa will just buy her baby things? :lol:

It is warm here too, I love it. Summery summer with shorts. Though the university main building, that is really old with thick walls, is still quite cold.

Nah just Skon. The main two theory on pronunciation are: Skone and Skon.

What BlackBear said. It would sound like Sk-On. But it would rhyme with one. One scone please! The other way people pronounce it is Sk-Own.

Well, if you could hold off on the border closure until then (September) that would be great, thanks!

I think you'll be lucky, as all the building materials will be in use during the reconstruction and enhancement of Hadrian's Wall at that point in time.

What BlackBear said. It would sound like Sk-On. But it would rhyme with one. One scone please! The right way people pronounce it is Sk-Own.

Fixed that for you.

I think you'll be lucky, as all the building materials will be in use during the reconstruction and enhancement of Hadrian's Wall at that point in time.

Fixed that for you.

Don't ever change :lol:

Thank you everybody for your warm welcome backs and greetings! One of my favorite things about TTNE is and will always be all the good energy that flows through here. :love:

Work is getting worst...if there weren't for kiddies who make it good I would leave tomorrow. I almost ...and I know this is shitty thing to say...but I almost wish I have some nasty pregnancy symptoms like all day long 24/7 morning sickness etc so I could use it as an excuse to quit. There I said it,I'm a horrible person. I just don't want to fight to stay at this job anymore. I don't feel fulfilled and respected,but it's pretty good so there's always this stupid,shut up and don't complain about first world problems there are people who would love to be in your situation...argument. I wish I was more guts-y.

Otherwise all is well. Peanut (that's how we call the baby) is behaving and cooperating. On Thursday I'll see the doctor to do another check up. Fingers crossed it's all ok.

We were browsing trough shops for some baby items....damn I need a manual...some of those things....they had tricoders on star trek that looked easier to figure out. I actually recognized three items...rest is just strangely painted plastic that plays tunes....happy happy joy joy...oh and price is so reasonable I will have to start grifting again...or sell a kidney...argh

KOBA!! :grouphug: First of all, I just want to give you a big fat congratulations and a hug for the great news about the coming of baby Koba! I am very happy for you and the hubby. I totally understand the work stress. Stay strong, though and don't forget to :whip:, especially if you are not getting the respect you deserve. If it doesn't get better at least you will be on maternity leave soon enough..

Skon, Skone..who cares I will pronounce it whatever just let me have one please? :drool:

Koba! Sorry to hear about work :grouphug: sounds like your colleagues are a bit juvenile. Like Chelly said, stay strong!

Second hand is the way to go with babies/tots. They destroy everything :lol: save money and get stuff used.

Virtual baby shower sounds awesome. Sign me up!

@ Helena - your scones look lovely & tasty! But not this Taystee gurl

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5814a14b503a12d323e0fe93768ff7ac/tumblr_mqrhy2O9w51qzi80do1_r1_500.gif

About the episode...

Am I the only one in rage mode about Tormund? Everyone's up in arms about LF and Sansa's character assassination but what the fudgcicles - Tormund hasn't said one Har! Har! Made one dick joke or talked about Shebears. I feel robbed :angry:

About the episode...

Am I the only one in rage mode about Tormund? Everyone's up in arms about LF and Sansa's character assassination but what the fudgcicles - Tormund hasn't said one Har! Har! Made one dick joke or talked about Shebears. I feel robbed :angry:

You need to use your imagination -

Every time he swings that club, I hear him going HAR! *smack* HAR *smack* HAR *smack* :lol:

Good morning spam!

It's a delightful +11C outside today. <_< Unfortunately that is quite common in early june. For some reason there is often a rainy cold spell this time of year, after a few weeks or at least random weeks of summer temperatures. It tends to coincide with the school finales, and midsummer celebrations, to everyone's disappointment.

It's not going to get me down tho! I have vacation soon! Woooo.

Also, I'm with the southerners on the Scone issue. My English is southern, so you can now imagine reading my posts in a posh voice. :P

I must confess I read posts by British posters in a Cockley accent

Well, except Helena's. Somehow I always read her posts in Judi Dench's voice maybe it's because she keeps using words like mothership

:stunned:

Nothing could be further from the truth :lol: I do love wor Judi though :D

LadyO:

@ Helena - your scones look lovely & tasty! But not this Taystee gurl

http://24.media.tumb...0do1_r1_500.gif

:rofl: I love Taystee :wub:

Ab:

You need to use your imagination -

[spoiler]
Every time he swings that club, I hear him going HAR! *smack* HAR *smack* HAR *smack* :lol:

Well, I'll never watch sword fights on screen in the same way again :lol:

It's a delightful +11C outside today. <_< Unfortunately that is quite common in early june. For some reason there is often a rainy cold spell this time of year, after a few weeks or at least random weeks of summer temperatures. It tends to coincide with the school finales, and midsummer celebrations, to everyone's disappointment.

It's not going to get me down tho! I have vacation soon! Woooo.

Glad you have nice weather, and that you have vacation soon! We are having weird weather - very hot sunny spells with lots of wind, lots of torrential rain. And of course, the council have decided that now is the ideal time to carry out building work, so we (and the rest of the estate) are getting new tiles on the roof....so we will essentially have no roof during this unpleasant weather. Lovely -_-

Fly by spamming :leer: :leer: :leer:

Good morning spamland. I agree with GMM she is being neglected we need a spam party up in here. Someone find Maid and tell her to open the spam bar, then we just need tons of chocolate :leer: and of course lots and lots of this :whip:

Hey KID how have you been brother :cheers: , i was wondering when you pop in here. I saw you posting in the game thread. A beautiful temptress had me locked away in a secret room at castle black and did terrible things to me for month and months :leer: HAR HAR HAR

morning all...or afternoon for those of you to the east of me...

so who else is hungover this morning...when will i learn :stillsick:

<snip>

You need to have Mr. KOBA do THIS for you HAR HAR HAR

And always remember what a BATTLE it was :leer:

Again congratulations from me and Chelly :cheers:

wow this was just disturbing on so many levels :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nah just Skon. The main two theory on pronunciation are: Skone and Skon.

What BlackBear said. It would sound like Sk-On. But it would rhyme with one. One scone please! The other way people pronounce it is Sk-Own.

Fixed that for you.

i'm with ab...sk-own - long "o" and sneaky silent "e"... can't even imagine how it would rhyme with one...

but like chelly, however you call it, i'd eat it...

bet they smell awesome....nothing smells better than fresh baked goods. it is known

Wait a couple weeks and I'll be more than happy to send my temperatures to y'all.

just what i was thinking...with an added helping of humidity :devil:

I'd disagree with you, petrol is the best smell. Or lavender, I went to a lavender farm once, HOLY SINUSES! Thank god I don't get hayfever.

with lavender i agree plus it will kick a head ache out quicker than aspirin

but gas...not so much...even when i am working on my bike i do it out on the patio instead of in the garage so i have plenty of fresh air...

hey i am 800...maybe the race will be during the day...

a man might have a chance...

:smoking:

Archived