(Book Spoilers) Rumored tile is "Winter" = finally a bleak ending to a season

I think the troubling decision is sending Melisandre away. Stannis will banish her after she proposes burning Shireen again. And I am afraid in the last episode it will be Selyse that burns Shireen. She has been set up as a fanatic, and I think she will do that to secure "Azor Ahai"'s victory.

Mercy could also be referring to Arya.

From the synopsis for episode 9, the events of that chapter are in that episode.

Based on the synopsis, the Walk of Shame is clearly in episode 10, then; I think a lot of us were assuming it was in episode 9. That's interesting, particularly in that it leaves Cersei seemingly without a huge amount to do over the next two episodes.

I don't think people should go overboard looking for multiple meanings; there was all kinds of speculation about Mhysa, for instance, which in the end had no meaning beyond the textually obvious one. In this case, Mother's Mercy has a clear textual association.

I think the troubling decision is sending Melisandre away. Stannis will banish her after she proposes burning Shireen again. And I am afraid in the last episode it will be Selyse that burns Shireen. She has been set up as a fanatic, and I think she will do that to secure "Azor Ahai"'s victory.

That's a good point--it allows Mel the time to reunite with Jon at the Wall, as the actress has hinted will happen.

Oh Selyse, you better not burn Shireen.

From the synopsis for episode 9, the events of that chapter are in that episode.

Based on the synopsis, the Walk of Shame is clearly in episode 10, then; I think a lot of us were assuming it was in episode 9. That's interesting, particularly in that it leaves Cersei seemingly without a huge amount to do over the next two episodes.

Seems like it will be similar to Tyrion in captivity for much of Season 4. I'm sure they'll have people visiting her to show her increasing desperation (High Sparrow, maybe even Olenna).

Hear me out - would it be totally insane to say the Lady Stoneheart appears at the Battle of Winterfell? This is probably just me dreaming. But Roose Bolton is there (responsible for the Red Wedding), and so is Ramsay Bolton (responsible for raping her daughter). Brienne is there too, who pledged to kill Stannis and swore allegiance to her.

Stannis' marches could also be him marching somewhere after the battle. After all, we have seen bloodied Stannis and bloodied Ramsay images already...I doubt they both fight in different conflicts and are coincidentally bloodied.

I think Ramsay will lead a scouting mission/chaotic attack on Stannis's camp in Episodes 8 or 9. I'm guessing in Episode 9, since two battles in Episode 8 might be too much.

I ope we will cut most of cerceis scenes in the NeXT episodes and get Kevan a Lot of screen time to "clean up" after Cercei. that way the Unsullied will know more about him before Varys (Hopefully) kills him and it will be a bigger moment for them.

I don't think the Mercy in the title has to do with Arya. If it was just "Mercy", maybe so, but mother's mercy is clearly related to Cersei's Walk which we know will be in the finale. Probably we'll also get some idea about the fates of Loras and Margaery.Their crimes are much smaller than Cersei's so at least Marg should get mother's mercy.

Since there was a casting call for (presumably) septon meribald/elder brother, we may see more of Riverlands in season 6, and you know who's in Riverlands we'd like to have in the show, right? (Actually, I'd love to see more of Beric and Thoros :P )

Jon is challenged??? Thats an odd choice. Instead of an assassination attempt could Aliser Thorne offer trial by combat for the Lord Commander position? Yes I'm aware that seems a bit silly, but hey ya never know

Jon is challenged??? Thats an odd choice. Instead of an assassination attempt could Aliser Thorne offer trial by combat for the Lord Commander position? Yes I'm aware that seems a bit silly, but hey ya never know

Thorne can't do anything of the sort. He can organize a mutiny to show their anger towards Jon's decisions, but so far Jon has done nothing that breaks the vows of the NW. If he decides to march to WF to save Sansa and/or Stannis, then he is interfering in the politics of the realm. Only then will Thorne have a justification to put Jon into trial.

Archived