(Book Spoilers) Rumored tile is "Winter" = finally a bleak ending to a season

Well, regarding the title, if I'm correct, "The Dance of Dragons" isnt completely official yet as well. It's confirmed by many sources of course, but it hasnt been officially released by HBO.

It's a June episode and there titles werent expected before the first days of June if I'm correct. So episode 10 title should be up on HBO schedhule by next week.

According to Elio and Linda on twitter the final episode title to episode ten is "Mothers Mercy" GET HYPPPEEEEEE! Stoneheart is coming!

What are other possible meanings though? Dany being cornered by a Dothraki herd & her not killing them? Or Mother as in one of the 7 pillars of the religion (not killing Cersei). ???? I am excited!

Synopsis: Stannis marches. Dany is surrounded by Strangers. Cersei seeks forgiveness. Jon is challenged.

So at least some (surely not all) of:

• Battle of Winterfell (OR twist like Brienne killing Stannis)
  • Dany and Drogon meet the khalisar well away from Mereen
  • Walk of Shame (or maybe that will have happened ep 9 and this is her trying to firm her position back again?)
  • For The Watch - seems definite

No mention of Arya, maybe ep 9 will the the last with her plot in?

Well, regarding the title, if I'm correct, "The Dance of Dragons" isnt completely official yet as well. It's confirmed by many sources of course, but it hasnt been officially released by HBO.

It's a June episode and there titles werent expected before the first days of June if I'm correct. So episode 10 title should be up on HBO schedhule by next week.

Dance of the Dragons is official.

The title of the 10th episode is Mother's Mercy.

http://watchersonthewall.com/final-two-game-of-thrones-episodes-of-the-season-titles-and-synopses-revealed/

Synopsis: Stannis marches. Dany is surrounded by Strangers. Cersei seeks forgiveness. Jon is challenged.

So at least some (surely not all) of:

• Battle of Winterfell (OR twist like Brienne killing Stannis)

Dany and Drogon meet the khalisar well away from Mereen

Walk of Shame (or maybe that will have happened ep 9 and this is her trying to firm her position back again?)

For The Watch - seems definite

No mention of Arya, maybe ep 9 will the the last with her plot in?

"Jon is challenged". Yes. By several knives.

Not sure how happy I am with the title. "Winter" would have been perfect in my opinion, but at least "Mother's Mercy" is better than "The Winds of Winter", probably on a par with "For the Watch".

Getting hyped though! Cersei's walk of shame is certain, or at least the aftermath if that happens in episode 9. I was hoping for Stannis to not appear at all this episode, leaving the result of the Battle of Winterfell ambiguous and to be resolved in episode 1 or 2 of season 6. As it is the most I can hope for is for him to start marching on Winterfell in this episode, but for the show to still not show the battle until next season.

EDIT: Could the title also be referring to Shireen in any way? We know from episode 7 that Mel supports burning her, could Selyse support Mel then change her mind in 10? Intriguing.

Dany will be reunited with the Dothraki for certain. How long that scene is, whether it's one scene or a couple jumping back to the Dothraki Sea, and whether the season ends with Dany is yet to be seen. I hope it's a single, 5 minute scene that closes the season after the shock of Jon's Caesar moment. It would be too depressing an ending for many otherwise, although it would create more of a shocked reaction as well.

"Mother's Mercy" does seem to be connected to Cersei:

"Cersei doesn't seem ready to tuck tail and submit, but as she already pointed out to Margaery, time in captivity can change a person. It's not a coincidence that the High Sparrow told Cersei another possible outcome for her arrest; instead of a trial, she could opt for the Mother's Mercy, where the punishment will be picked to match the crime. Regardless of what comes next, one thing is clear: Cersei Lannister is no longer running the scene in Westeros -- at least for now."

Source: http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_starts_cerseis_downfall_there_is_no_protagonist_in_this_show-2015-05

Yeah, I'm now very worried Stannis' march will parallel Renly's march into battle, substituting shadow baby for Brienne.

Oh god I hope not. I would hate the show if Brienne killed Stannis before the Battle of Winterfell had even taken place. It wouldn't be a cleverly shocking moment like the Red Wedding or "For the watch", it'd just be a big pile of BS.

"Mother's Mercy" does seem to be connected to Cersei:

"Cersei doesn't seem ready to tuck tail and submit, but as she already pointed out to Margaery, time in captivity can change a person. It's not a coincidence that the High Sparrow told Cersei another possible outcome for her arrest; instead of a trial, she could opt for the Mother's Mercy, where the punishment will be picked to match the crime. Regardless of what comes next, one thing is clear: Cersei Lannister is no longer running the scene in Westeros -- at least for now."

Source: http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_starts_cerseis_downfall_there_is_no_protagonist_in_this_show-2015-05

That's exactly what came to my mind after I read the title reveal.

Archived