(Book V Spoilers) Will the "Pink Letter" be in the show?

Ser Falione

I think the title is in reference to Cersi as well as Cat. D&D as well as Michelle deny efforts but a 2 minute scene could take as little as a few days to shoot. I think they have been steering us away and will shock. Agree to disagree.

I think the title is in reference to Cersi as well as Cat. D&D as well as Michelle deny efforts but a 2 minute scene could take as little as a few days to shoot. I think they have been steering us away and will shock. Agree to disagree.

I just don't see it sorry. it also could be a reference to dany, the relgion, and etc...

the LSH part feels like a reach. they got rid of so many other characters already.

So the actress, the writers, the director of 6 episodes and the author all say shes been cut but yet you still think she might be in?

My favorite part from A Dance With Dragons has been the conflict/mysteries of the North and at the Wall.

After reading, THE WINTERFELL HUIS CLOS , I've been so fascinated by the Bastard Letter and the Ghost in Winterfell, Reek/Theon. My question to the forums is do you believe they will incorporate this letter into the TV Show and how will they do it? Will it follow with "For the watch?" I sort of hope it will.

Here is the Bastard letter:

Your false king is dead, bastard. He and all his host were smashed in seven days of battle. I have his magic sword. Tell his red whore.

Your false king's friends are dead. Their heads upon the walls of Winterfell. Come see them, bastard. Your false king lied, and so did you. You told the world you burned the King-Beyond-the-Wall. Instead you sent him to Winterfell to steal my bride from me.

I will have my bride back. If you want Mance Rayder back, come and get him. I have him in a cage for all the north to see, proof of your lies. The cage is cold, but I have made him a warm cloak from the skins of the six whores who came with him to Winterfell.

I want my bride back. I want the false king's queen. I want his daughter and his red witch. I want this wildling princess. I want his little prince, the wildling babe. And I want my Reek. Send them to me, bastard, and I will not trouble you or your black crows. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your bastard's heart and eat it.

Ramsay Bolton, Trueborn Lord of Winterfell.

It is known that the true author of the letter is thought to be a mystery, yet some options include Ramsay, Roose, Mance, and Stannis. But if the show used the letter, who would it be?

I believe Mance is truly dead in the show so probably not him.

In Ep. 7, "The Gift," Ramsey informs Sansa that her bastard brother, Jon, is Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. So Ramsey has knowledge of Jon Snow's position. As does Sansa, now.

Stannis is now in trouble, winter is coming and he is losing horses and soon men. The show could definitely have Stannis use the letter to lure Jon to finally act and bring the Wildlings down on Winterfell, resulting in Jon's death I assume.

For now, I'm gonna hope that the final episode, rumored to be titled "Winter," will include this letter. Now how would they adjust and use it? The fact that Mance is dead, Queen Selsye, Mel, and Shireen are with Stannis (For now), and no wildling princess at the Wall, makes it hard to do and maybe seems unlikely, but it would be a shocking cliffhanger if they don't include the Battle of Winterfell in the show in Season 5.

How about Davos as the author of the letter....he had that scene with Jon and Olly ...where he stressed they pledged to guard the realm of men in their NW vows...a long shot...but you never know......

So the actress, the writers, the director of 6 episodes and the author all say shes been cut but yet you still think she might be in?

The actress, the writers, the director of 6 eps, and the author all seem to have the same old fashioned love for the element of surprise as I do.

The actress, the writers, the director of 6 eps, and the author all seem to have the same old fashioned love for the element of surprise as I do.

I dont know why though you'd think they go through all this trouble of saying shes cut from multiple different outlets. They arent playing some game with the audience, shes just not in the show is all

I dont know why though you'd think they go through all this trouble of saying shes cut from multiple different outlets. They arent playing some game with the audience, shes just not in the show is all

They really didn't go though any trouble though-they only said a few words to throw off one of the most social media active and spoiler-thirsty fan bases on earth. Oh, and words are just wind.

I personally believe that Mance wrote the letter in the books, and find the idea that Stannis did it to be a bit preposterous (it fits Mance more, I think, and Stannis seems to be more of a battle tactician than a manipulator), but at the same time, I could see Stannis pulling off a variation of it (obviously some things has to be different) in the show. I could totally see Davos handing the letter to Jon and finding out that it doesn't read as he thought it would.

I personally believe that Mance wrote the letter in the books, and find the idea that Stannis did it to be a bit preposterous (it fits Mance more, I think, and Stannis seems to be more of a battle tactician than a manipulator), but at the same time, I could see Stannis pulling off a variation of it (obviously some things has to be different) in the show. I could totally see Davos handing the letter to Jon and finding out that it doesn't read as he thought it would.

I think we get sansa gets a letter to jon and then we get davos coming and finding out about shireen. this pushes jon to speech and etc...

Well regardless of who sends Jon a letter, we need a different name/color for it on the show. Pink is specific to the Boltons. Bastard Letter doesn't really apply either unless coming from Ramsay (or someone pretending to be him).

I'm 50/50 on whether there is any kind of No-Color Letter at all but I do think something specific has to happen to trigger FTW. Unless it is Olly going rogue. He could explode at any minute IMO.

Well regardless of who sends Jon a letter, we need a different name/color for it on the show. Pink is specific to the Boltons. Bastard Letter doesn't really apply either unless coming from Ramsay (or someone pretending to be him).

I'm 50/50 on whether there is any kind of No-Color Letter at all but I do think something specific has to happen to trigger FTW. Unless it is Olly going rogue. He could explode at any minute IMO.

I think the guy who tried to rape gilly attack Jon, he beats them up, and after when we all think he is safe BOOM olly with the knife to the gut.

I don't think we will get a pink letter in the show. The show has stripped the complexity out of every plot in the books, for example removing the set up for the FTW moment and replacing it with a kid who is pissed off the wildlings killed his family. Can't see them going with the letter from the books. But knowing D&D we'll probably get a postcard or something equally ridiculous.

If Jon does get a letter that causes him concern, then I think it will probably be the one Davos is delivering for Stannis. The camera lingered on it for a second or two in Ep. 9 and sadly that's what counts for set-up in the show.

I don't think we will get a pink letter in the show. The show has stripped the complexity out of every plot in the books, for example removing the set up for the FTW moment and replacing it with a kid who is pissed off the wildlings killed his family. Can't see them going with the letter from the books. But knowing D&D we'll probably get a postcard or something equally ridiculous.

If Jon does get a letter that causes him concern, then I think it will probably be the one Davos is delivering for Stannis. The camera lingered on it for a second or two in Ep. 9 and sadly that's what counts for set-up in the show.

Theresa pic of jon reading a letter on HBO

Archived