(Book V Spoilers) Will the "Pink Letter" be in the show?

Ser Falione

Theresa pic of jon reading a letter on HBO

Yeah, but I think that's probably the one Stannis sent with Davos.

I think Stannis sent the pink letter too, btw, but the Davos letter won't have the same content, even if it's function as a plot device remains vaguely the same.

Yeah, but I think that's probably the one Stannis sent with Davos.

I think Stannis sent the pink letter too, btw, but the Davos letter won't have the same content, even if it's function as a plot device remains vaguely the same.

Or it's the one from Sansa. She knows about his current postiont as Lord Commander of Night's Watch.

If there is a pink letter, and that is a big if, and it is in fact from Ramsey, what exactly is he going to say?

The only thing I could see him writing about is that he has married Sansa, and Winterfell is his. However, none of this information is exactly a secret, and is Ramsey really that stupid? So far Jon has done nothing to Ramsey, so why would you taunt him?

I could see a letter coming from Sansa, and that would prompt Sam asking "what are you going to do", but that question could also be on a totally different set.

Here is my theory.

Jon arrives back from Hardhome. (How long was he gone?)

Maybe he has lots of regection letters from all the lords he asked for men from.

He also finds out about Aemon's death.

Sam asks him what he is going to do.

Jon tells Sam to go the Citadel.

(Jon is Challanged by Sam). My guess is because Jon says he can not take Gilly?

If there is a pink letter, and that is a big if, and it is in fact from Ramsey, what exactly is he going to say?

The pink letter was a device to get to the FTW moment in the books.

Davos is heading to the Wall with Stannis's letter of requests and promises to the watch, and such letter will 100% trigger the FTW moment in the show.

So no Pink Letter in the show.

I'm honestly disgusted in myself for forgetting, or simply not realizing that Jon sent the Boltons a letter asking for resources this season. Again, I am a little blurry with this, but I believe this is how the recent events took place, and how it very well could have caused the shows equivalent to the Pink letter.

a. Jon sends ravens to northern houses for men and supplies be sent to the Wall for help.

b. Ramsay receives letter, completely disregards it as they need all the men they can get (plus he wouldn't want to help even in a time of peace)

c. Sansa discusses with Ramsay the possibility of Roose having a son, and because that son is naturally legitimate, he could have a better claim to become the Warden of the North,

d. Ramsay (you could see how discussed and aggravated he was) tells Sansa that even bastards can rise high in the world, and then he mentions that her brother rose as high as LC of the NW (he knows this bc of the letter from Jon).

e. Ramsay shows the flayed woman.

f. Ramsay goes back to his quarters and writes a scathing letter to Jon declining his request and mentions being with his sister (in very cruel words).

aftermath

g. Jon first sees Davos and receives the request from Stannis.

h. Being that Jon is a decent guy, he retires to his quarters and contemplates the request from Stannis while reading other responses (most are sorry, No.)

i. He comes across the cruel response from Ramsay

j. He makes a speech that includes.... "I know you are all disappointed with the current conditions, but winter is coming and wildlings need our help.... but Stannis needs our help as well so I am sending him horses and food..... and I am also sorry to say I will accompany the horses as I must rescue my sister from Winterfell while helping Stannis as well..... I will go alone but will also take volunteers.....

k. FTW

Or it's the one from Sansa. She knows about his current postiont as Lord Commander of Night's Watch.

I just think the camera lingered on the Davos letter in an obvious way.

Did Sansa write a letter in the show? I honestly can't remember. If she did, then yeah. If she didn't but you are speculating that she might, then you have to ask if they would put the set up and pay off in the same episode?

Maybe Ramsay forces Sansa to write the letter. Or its just the letter with Davos as episode 9 suggests- pretty tame motivation though because the NW has already helped Stannis a lot so it would go against previous actions. The realistic approach would be to appease him by sending him a few supplies- refusing him outright would rightly piss him off & bring his wrath down upon them in the future. For all the NW know, Stannis may head back to the wall to rest for the whole of winter if he doesn't get any supplies.

Did Sansa write a letter in the show? I honestly can't remember. If she did, then yeah. If she didn't but you are speculating that she might, then you have to ask if they would put the set up and pay off in the same episode?

There's been no scene of her writing anything, but in episode 7, there was quite a clear emphasis on making sure Sansa knew Jon was at the Wall. Ramsay told her 2 or 3 times about him. So, maybe it's insinuated that she at least had the idea of writing to him.

There's been no scene of her writing anything, but in episode 7, there was quite a clear emphasis on making sure Sansa knew Jon was at the Wall. Ramsay told her 2 or 3 times about him. So, maybe it's insinuated that she at least had the idea of writing to him.

they can have it happen in the same episode. it has happen before. didn't tywin write out jorah's pardon and it got to him like the next scene? or episode? this is way closer.

No. So far just a speculation, but it would make sense. Stannis's request might not be enough for Ideas of Marsh Olly. Sansa is held at Winterfell by Boltons and some other nasty details. That would push Jon over the edge. Maybe they will combine both of these things or not.

They bring up Jon's name and current situation for some reason. So either she will send him letter or will head there...after grand escape. It's 50/50.

The only thing I could see him writing about is that he has married Sansa, and Winterfell is his. However, none of this information is exactly a secret, and is Ramsey really that stupid? So far Jon has done nothing to Ramsey, so why would you taunt him?

I could see a letter coming from Sansa, and that would prompt Sam asking "what are you going to do", but that question could also be on a totally different set.

Here is my theory.

Jon arrives back from Hardhome. (How long was he gone?)

Maybe he has lots of regection letters from all the lords he asked for men from.

He also finds out about Aemon's death.

Sam asks him what he is going to do.

Jon tells Sam to go the Citadel.

(Jon is Challanged by Sam). My guess is because Jon says he can not take Gilly?

why could sam not take gilly south? there is nothing wrong with that. hell i get the feeling gilly gets to meet sam's dad next season.

aemon even said get the baby south.

also in the show the bastard of bolton is always doing thing he doesn't or should not do. i think we do get a letter just not "THE" pink letter.

stannis is burning people, jon already is asking for something from them i could see a lot of insult in that letter, and maybe sansa gets a message to him?

No. So far just a speculation, but it would make sense. Stannis's request might not be enough for Ideas of Marsh Olly. Sansa is held at Winterfell by Boltons and some other nasty details. That would push Jon over the edge. Maybe they will combine both of these things or not.

They bring up Jon's name and current situation for some reason. So either she will send him letter or will head there...after grand escape. It's 50/50.

I agree that a letter from Sansa would be a more powerful motivator for Jon and therefore a better choice from a writing point of view. But will it happen?

Depends on what Stannis put in the alleged Davos letter I suppose. Is it just a strong request for help or is there something more?

I agree that a letter from Sansa would be a more powerful motivator for Jon and therefore a better choice from a writing point of view. But will it happen?

Depends on what Stannis put in the alleged Davos letter I suppose. Is it just a strong request for help or is there something more?

davos somehow finds out about shireen this episode.

davos somehow finds out about shireen this episode.

If it's true.I can see Jon reading his letter, Stannis will mention it there. How hard it was,but Lord needs her etc. Davos will be shocked=end of their relationship.

This was one of the reasons, why he send him, and not some soldier.He needs men,horses and supplies...but he knows Davos would do something about Shireen.

If it's true.I can see Jon reading his letter, Stannis will mention it there. How hard it was,but Lord needs her etc. Davos will be shocked=end of their relationship.

This was one of the reasons, why he send him, and not some soldier.He needs men,horse and supplies...but he knows Davos would do something about Shireen.

apparently the actor said he would find out this episode? i am trying to find where he says that.

Archived