[book/show spoilers] Theons redemption

ToTheWolves

So i had figured that they would cut Theons gods wood scene with sort of bran and have Sansa be the one to remind Theon who he truly is. we see in this episode that she tries to remind him who he is but as we can see that didn't quite work, so do you guys think it's more possible we will be seeing a Scene with Theon in the godswood and perhaps hearing brands voice? I read somewhere D+D said that Theon is one of their favorite storylines so maybe they will keep that part true. Or do you guys think it's more likely Sansa will give it another try?

I feel really sorry for him as a character he didn't deserve what happened to him. He was taken away from his home as a child and given to his father's enemies. Ned Stark though honourable was not his father which Theon never forgot. He never got any special love from Catelyn either so that would have compounded his feeling of not belonging. He and Jon were the same they felt isolated but with Jon there was special love from his siblings atleast Jon knew he was a stark even if society didn't accept it his family did. But Theon is no stark it is not like he got a direwolf pup to raise. No matter how close he was to Robb, Robb was not his brother and I think in the show Robb makes that explicitly clear that he is not family. Imagine growing up always wanting to go home. When Theon does go home he is shunned by his biological family and ridiculed by his sister for a mistake that he did not commit. Theon's treason stems from the simple fact of wanting to be accepted by his family and to be loved, I don't think he ever really would have killed Bran or Rickon but things went horribly wrong when he knew he messed up so the last thing he did try was to go down fighting, he didn't try to run so you got to give him some credit even Maester Luwin told him there was a secret way he could escape.

If Theon didn't murder two innocent kids to cover up his mistakes he really would be the most tragic character and deserved a full pardon but sadly he did kill two innocent kids there is no excuse for that. That was a terrible thing he did and I think for that he should be punished by having his head chopped off. He didn't deserve what Ramsay did to him no matter what crime Theon committed he didn't deserve to be sexually assaulted. Even in the GOT universe sexually violating someone is not a form of punishment man or woman unless you are creating an unsullied soldier or like Varys you are being experimented on.

Theon's redemption is only finding the courage to escape with Sansa. He didn't betray her because he wanted to hurt Sansa he is just too scared and you can't really blame him for it. We are only told that Ramsay cut off his privates but Ramsay could have done other things to him from the books we can only guess that Ramsay tormented Theon in many horrible ways to break him. I hope Theon remembers he didn't kill the boys maybe he thinks he did now because he has forgotten what really happened but I hope when Sansa finds out the truth she really does forgive him.

I think if Theon dies though sad I hope it won't be too painful for him, because he has done terrible things and he deserves a clean death and if he never mentally recovers it will be form of mercy put him out of his misery. I hope Yara gets to tell him he is her baby brother so atleast he can die knowing he belonged somewhere and his sister did love him.

I feel really sorry for him as a character he didn't deserve what happened to him. He was taken away from his home as a child and given to his father's enemies. Ned Stark though honourable was not his father which Theon never forgot. He never got any special love from Catelyn either so that would have compounded his feeling of not belonging. He and Jon were the same they felt isolated but with Jon there was special love from his siblings atleast Jon knew he was a stark even if society didn't accept it his family did. But Theon is no stark it is not like he got a direwolf pup to raise. No matter how close he was to Robb, Robb was not his brother and I think in the show Robb makes that explicitly clear that he is not family. Imagine growing up always wanting to go home. When Theon does go home he is shunned by his biological family and ridiculed by his sister for a mistake that he did not commit. Theon's treason stems from the simple fact of wanting to be accepted by his family and to be loved, I don't think he ever really would have killed Bran or Rickon but things went horribly wrong when he knew he messed up so the last thing he did try was to go down fighting, he didn't try to run so you got to give him some credit even Maester Luwin told him there was a secret way he could escape.

If Theon didn't murder two innocent kids to cover up his mistakes he really would be the most tragic character and deserved a full pardon but sadly he did kill two innocent kids there is no excuse for that. That was a terrible thing he did and I think for that he should be punished by having his head chopped off. He didn't deserve what Ramsay did to him no matter what crime Theon committed he didn't deserve to be sexually assaulted. Even in the GOT universe sexually violating someone is not a form of punishment man or woman unless you are creating an unsullied soldier or like Varys you are being experimented on.

Theon's redemption is only finding the courage to escape with Sansa. He didn't betray her because he wanted to hurt Sansa he is just too scared and you can't really blame him for it. We are only told that Ramsay cut off his privates but Ramsay could have done other things to him from the books we can only guess that Ramsay tormented Theon in many horrible ways to break him. I hope Theon remembers he didn't kill the boys maybe he thinks he did now because he has forgotten what really happened but I hope when Sansa finds out the truth she really does forgive him.

I think if Theon dies though sad I hope it won't be too painful for him, because he has done terrible things and he deserves a clean death and if he never mentally recovers it will be form of mercy put him out of his misery. I hope Yara gets to tell him he is her baby brother so atleast he can die knowing he belonged somewhere and his sister did love him.

Theon didn't kill the boys in the books, Ramsay did! I really hate it that D&D changed that on the show because it destroys Theon's character IMO.

Theon didn't kill the boys in the books, Ramsay did! I really hate it that D&D changed that on the show because it destroys Theon's character IMO.

I do not think Theon did it on the show either. It was Cleftjaw that did it I believe. I think that is what Theon told Ramsey during the fake escape back in S3. I think it was during the conversation when Theon said "My real Father died at Kings Landing".

Theon ordered it in the books, too. That Ramsay suggested it there doesn't mitigate his crime.

Archived