[Book Spoilers] R+L=J, A+J=T and other theories on HBO V.3

Suzanna Stormborn

50 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Gotcha, thanks!

re-watching the flash scene now. So the 'Burn them all' statement is Aerys talking about KL, meaning set the wildfyre loose and let's do this.   So I was mistaken about the Stark thing.  However I still think Aerys must have threatened Lyanna because they go right from the Iron Throne to Ned saying "Where's my sister?'

3 hours ago, Shmedricko said:

Also, immediately after Ned says "Where's my sister?" there's a shot of what appears to be Ned's bloodied hand at Lyanna's side (compare the bracers and sleeve colour).

I thought it was Talisa but it looks like sleeve that could belong to Ned and a lot of blood. Not expert on it but a bit too much for the birth of baby,isn't it? Just surprise me the lack of Rhaegar in flashbacks or even scenes. I thought he might be in one at least.

4 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I thought it was Talisa but it looks like sleeve that could belong to Ned and a lot of blood. Not expert on it but a bit too much for the birth of baby,isn't it? Just surprise me the lack of Rhaegar in flashbacks or even scenes. I thought he might be in one at least.

my guess is that Rhaegar will get a nice big entrance, and have a whole scene when they first introduce him.

So Bran was supposed to be absorbing the history of the world when Bloodraven died.  Does that mean he already knows who Jon is?

As far as Benjon = COldhands.  I dont think he is coldhands in the book, but the show made it seem like there could be more than 1 coldhands type of guy.

Benjen could be out there with obsidian in his heart as well, ya know, like a 2nd coldhands.

56 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

As far as Benjon = COldhands.  I dont think he is coldhands in the book, but the show made it seem like there could be more than 1 coldhands type of guy.

Benjen could be out there with obsidian in his heart as well, ya know, like a 2nd coldhands.

Most likely Benjen will meet similiar fate in the books too. They just merged them whish is logical and it was good to see him.

Bran is supposed to have one more vision and the guy who plays Ned is i nthe finale only. My theory is that Benjen and Bran on the way to the Wall will learn about Jon in the finale (Benjen might even know about this but not sure)...deciding to tell Jon everything about his parentage and White Walkers. Otherwise where else to go? There is even Weirwood tree in the Winterfell.

Rhaegar might be saved for next season. This season only Lyanna but I think they'll make it clear who is dad without telling it to us. Rhaegar kidnapped her and likely put a child in her.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking, recently there was that interview where the producers said Martin told them just three "holy shit" moments from the unreleased books. Shireen's fate, Hodor's name explanation, and a third that won't be revealed till the end of the series. I don't see Tyrion's parentage being the last plot twist of the series, that just wouldn't make sense. So it seems either:

A) They're not doing A+J=T.

B ) Like R+L=J, they'd already figured that out on their own. But this would have been pre-worldbook release. 

C) They somehow consider the A+J=T reveal to be considerably less shocking than Shireen's fate and the explanation for "Hodor." This doesn't seem likely. 

So I guess we can hope they just weren't counting A+J=T as "shocking" because they already saw it coming and Martin only confirmed their theory. But it does give me a little more doubt that we're going to see this play out on the show. 

I suspect "shocking" to D&D means a gutpunch death akin to Ned or Robb (or Shireen or Hodor). If they don't consider the formal reveal of R+L=J (which we will undoubtedly see) to be "shocking", then they won't consider a A+J=T reveal to be "shocking". Backstory just can't generate a "holy shit" moment, according to them.

So I would not draw any conclusions about A+J=T based on that statement.

so i guess Sansa's snowcastle does represent the bastard bowl with LF 'the giant' lording over it or pulling strings or whatever.

7 hours ago, RumHam said:

I was thinking, recently there was that interview where the producers said Martin told them just three "holy shit" moments from the unreleased books. Shireen's fate, Hodor's name explanation, and a third that won't be revealed till the end of the series. I don't see Tyrion's parentage being the last plot twist of the series, that just wouldn't make sense. So it seems either:

A) They're not doing A+J=T.

B ) Like R+L=J, they'd already figured that out on their own. But this would have been pre-worldbook release. 

C) They somehow consider the A+J=T reveal to be considerably less shocking than Shireen's fate and the explanation for "Hodor." This doesn't seem likely. 

So I guess we can hope they just weren't counting A+J=T as "shocking" because they already saw it coming and Martin only confirmed their theory. But it does give me a little more doubt that we're going to see this play out on the show. 

I have no idea about this, I mean no one has ever once mentioned a 2nd dragonrider.  I have no idea what D&D have planned for this.  I mean if they would give Tyrion even one meaningful conversation instead joke/drinking game/filler crap!

Although I do believe it's canon on the show that the Targaryens were in fact the ones with dragons right? Like they never get into specifics about dragon riding or bonding but it is known that "Targs had dragons and they all died out'.....So I do believe all of this will HAVE to come up on the show at some point and soon.  I mean Dany needs some men to ride with her, who is it going to be on the show?

15 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I mean if they would give Tyrion even one meaningful conversation instead joke/drinking game/filler crap!

Yeah, I can't believe they got him into Meereen so soon. All the stuff where he and Jorah were on the road, and eventually enslaved, were dynamic and actually really funny in parts. I love Tyrion as a prisoner and slave; he's smarter than everyone around, and he can't help shooting his mouth off, and it's a natural setting for his particular cynical humor. Especially among the Yunkai lords and the sellswords camped around the city, where he has to think on his feet and outwit his captors, while protecting Penny and even Jorah. By comparison, having him sit around the living room telling 'jokes' is weak tea. I imagine it's much cheaper to shoot. 

15 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Although I do believe it's canon on the show that the Targaryens were in fact the ones with dragons right? Like they never get into specifics about dragon riding or bonding but it is known that "Targs had dragons and they all died out'.....So I do believe all of this will HAVE to come up on the show at some point and soon.  I mean Dany needs some men to ride with her, who is it going to be on the show?

I think it'll still be Tyrion and Jon either way. I don't see them changing that. Probably like Ibbison said they just don't consider it shocking on the level of a character death. 

On 14. 6. 2016 at 9:01 PM, RumHam said:

I think it'll still be Tyrion and Jon either way. I don't see them changing that. Probably like Ibbison said they just don't consider it shocking on the level of a character death. 

I don't see them doing that. Daeny controlled them all and they followed her. As you can see Jon works best in the battlefield and not on the back of the dragon. Kit is doing nice stutnt work there so they might use him this way. Tyrion can be doing politics, tactics, planning.

4 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I don't see them doing that. Daeny controlled them all and they followed her. As you can see Jon works best in the battlefield and not on the back of the dragon. Kit is doing nice stutnt work there so they might use him this way. Tyrion can be doing politics, tactics, planning.

Well yeah that's a new development. There's really no reason for her to risk letting other people ride them if she can control them all. I still suspect the other two will get riders though. But really who knows with this show. 

Just now, RumHam said:

Well yeah that's a new development. There's really no reason for her to risk letting other people ride them if she can control them all. I still suspect the other two will get riders though. But really who knows with this show. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it from the books. It might be a bit cheesy for them but Rhaegal and Viserion looks really small compare to Drogon. It's logical but man he's huge.

R+L=J stuff this episode:

TORMUND: Well, you loved that cunt Stannis and I loved the man he burned. Mance didn't have demons in his skull. He didn't torch people or listen to some red witch. I believed in him. I thought he was the man to lead us through the Long Night. But I was wrong just like you.

DAVOS: Maybe that was our mistake, believing in kings.

TORMUND: Jon Snow's not a king.

DAVOS: No, he's not.

Potential irony.

Kit Harington: And that moment where [Jon] comes up and he gasps for breath, reborn again in a way, which I found really reflective of the moment of Dany being held aloft at the end of season 3.

Another parallel between Jon and a Targaryen.

JON: We're gonna bury my brother in the crypt, next to my father.

Jon now has a reason to go into the crypts next episode.

32 minutes ago, Shmedricko said:

R+L=J stuff this episode:

Potential irony.

Another parallel between Jon and a Targaryen.

Jon now has a reason to go into the crypts next episode.

Not so much R+L=J hint but KitN hint.

It might be that it looks similiar to Daeny's moment.

He can go to crypt but doubt he would start investigating Lyanna's tomb.

Archived