(Book Spoilers) The Eunuch

Udvarnoky

There's little doubt that the finale is going to be relatively true to the book where King's Landing is concerned. After disappearing most of the season, Varys will return to kill Pycelle and Kevan, most agree. But some have theorized, and I'm starting to become a believer, that Tommen gets a bolt as well.

It would be a good shock, but it would also make sense for a number of reasons. As useless as Tommen has proven to be, the fact is he does pose a threat that book Tommen does not by virtue of the fact that he's old enough to make decisions in matter of state. Competency is a problem. Secondly, it makes the season's opening flashback relevant. (Sure, it's a nice scene, but what makes it necessary in the context of the show thus far?)

Most significantly, the death of Tommen makes Myrcella potentially the heir, and that changes the posture of the Dorne scenes tremendously. With Quentyn and presumably any Martell-Dany connectoin written out, Dorne and Jaime need something of import to discuss that's worthy of a finale. This would certainly qualify.

I would not mind if Tommen dies to. He is an incest Bastard anyway and since there is no Aegon that we know of, That would break the Tyrell / Lannister Axis then and there. Myrcella then would be Queen or would people actually start looking to Stannis?

Varys also relies on chaos to seat the targs.

He will kill kevan because he is too good.

He might kill margery since she may have the seed. Poison maybe?

He surely will kill tommen since he is so weak but rules on due to his name. With him gone, lannisters are wiped out.

Stannis

Dany

Tyrels

Maybe even Dorne press their claim.

Littlefinger smells chaos and is attracted to it. He might get a bolt too, but why kill two scheming assholes and ruin the fun?

Varys also relies on chaos to seat the targs.

He might kill margery since she may have the seed. Poison maybe?

He surely will kill tommen since he is so weak but rules on due to his name. With him gone, lannisters are wiped out.

Stannis

Dany

Tyrels

Maybe even Dorne press their claim.

Littlefinger smells chaos and is attracted to it. He might get a bolt too, but why kill two scheming assholes and ruin the fun?

Varys needs Tommen on the Throne not someone stronger than him so killing him makes no sensen really unless he's on team Dorne, to make space for Myrcella/Trystane.

Kevan hasn't shown himself to be anything on the show yet though. Killing him in episode 10 would have no impact to show-only watchers. To me, they need to spend at least a few episodes showing Kevan will get shit back together in King's Landing, and then they will do the Varys murders (I'd say ep 4 or 5 of next season).

The only thing I think will happen in King's Landing next episode is the walk. The rest will wait until next season.

I'm just not convinced that this scene is going to show up given the complete lack of screen time for Kevan, and the increasing irrelevance of Pycelle. Both characters combined have had single digit speaking parts on the year, so it seems that killing them during what seems like an action packed finale wouldn't serve the appropriate purpose. I think it more likely that (if a scene like this is going to be included) we spend some time reintroducing Varys and establishing Kevan as an important character worthy of Varys' attention. As book readers we know this, but show-only viewers have absolutely no reason to be moved by a scene like this right now.

I'm with you on the surprise Tommen death though. There has to be a reason for that sequence as the opening scene of the season. If nothing was going to happen to the children this year, why not just have this exact same scene next year when it may be more directly relevant to the proceedings?

Additionally, Varys needs to kill Tommen before he gets Margaery pregnant or the Tyrells claim the throne. This danger does not exist in the books because Tommen is younger.

Yeah but if he kill Tommen, Myrcella will be the new queen and she's not as naive as her brother.

Besides, as a queen she will have Dorne's protection and consultation, she has a chance to be a good ruler and this is not a part of his plan.

Oh, and if so, Cersei won't suspect the Tyrells because they have no cause to kill Tommen, unless Margaery is pregnant.

Well imho the only reason Varys would kill Tommen is if Margaery is already pregnant...

After disappearing most of the season, Varys will return to kill Pycelle and Kevan, most agree.

I think they can't do it in Ep 10 already. They haven't shown how Kevan is too competent and is on his way to strengthen Kings Landing again. They need this to justify Kevans death.

Maybe they kill Tommen though. But this would stirr up the chaos in Kings Landing even more. For the finale they might try to calm it down a little bit after Cerseis walk.

Kevan hasn't shown himself to be anything on the show yet though. Killing him in episode 10 would have no impact to show-only watchers. To me, they need to spend at least a few episodes showing Kevan will get shit back together in King's Landing, and then they will do the Varys murders (I'd say ep 4 or 5 of next season).

The only thing I think will happen in King's Landing next episode is the walk. The rest will wait until next season.

I think you're right.

So Varys was on his way to Meereen when his amusing companion gets kidnapped. Not longer having the wits of Tyrion to makes his ride enjoyable, Varys sails for Westeros to.. pop some fools.

Having no fAegon, what would be the purpose of killing Tommen? For all that Varys knows, Daenerys is perfectly happy ruling Meereen and has no intention or means for ever invading Westeros.

I'm just not convinced that this scene is going to show up given the complete lack of screen time for Kevan, and the increasing irrelevance of Pycelle. Both characters combined have had single digit speaking parts on the year, so it seems that killing them during what seems like an action packed finale wouldn't serve the appropriate purpose. I think it more likely that (if a scene like this is going to be included) we spend some time reintroducing Varys and establishing Kevan as an important character worthy of Varys' attention. As book readers we know this, but show-only viewers have absolutely no reason to be moved by a scene like this right now.

I'm with you on the surprise Tommen death though. There has to be a reason for that sequence as the opening scene of the season. If nothing was going to happen to the children this year, why not just have this exact same scene next year when it may be more directly relevant to the proceedings?

I agree.

Kill Pycelle and Kevan around episode 2 of Season 6.

I don't think we'll see Varys kill Kevan/Pycelle in this episode. They've got so much to pack in that I just don't think there's space for it, and we haven't really re-established Kevan as a character yet.

they reestablished him when he insulted cersei.

i think people are wondering why doran is sending his heir to KL and then we see tommen get killed and etc...

i could see it season 6 too

I think they can't do it in Ep 10 already. They haven't shown how Kevan is too competent and is on his way to strengthen Kings Landing again. They need this to justify Kevans death.

Maybe they kill Tommen though. But this would stirr up the chaos in Kings Landing even more. For the finale they might try to calm it down a little bit after Cerseis walk.

I think you're right.

I think just killing tommen and making it clear it was part of doran's plan would sell it no need to build up kevan.

Archived