Tower of Joy scene already filmed?

goomba

I'm not sure if this is true but I thought I heard that this scene was already filmed along with the scene of Ned's father and Brandon dieing in front of the Mad King.

There was a very short clip of Neds brother Brandon but no clip at all of the Tower of Joy scene.

Do you guys think G.R.R.M will detail this scene in the upcoming books for the show to create a true adaption? :)

Aerys burning Rickard was shot for the original (rejected) pilot 5 years ago. Tower of Joy I know nothing about.

That's what I gleaned from reading the GoT Wikia. They even have the actor who played Aerys II listed.

Nothing about the 'tower of joy', though.

eta: Here's a link: http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Execution_of_Rickard_and_Brandon_Stark

We may get a show adaption, but it won't be from the books, If we are lucky TWOW will be out before next season, no way we read ADOS before the final season. So D&D won't have anything to adapt from, just whatever GRRM may have told them.

We may get a show adaption, but it won't be from the books, If we are lucky TWOW will be out before next season, no way we read ADOS before the final season. So D&D won't have anything to adapt from, just whatever GRRM may have told them.

Or, regardless of what GRRM has told them.

I wonder if D&D left out that the people being killed by the Mad King were related, the way the failed to tell the audience that Cersei and Jaime were siblings.

Did they actually fail though? In the commentary of the pilot I thought they said the indication Jaime and Cersei were brother and sister just wasn't in your face enough to the people they showed it to. So the pilot we got had the scene in the sept added and Arya's really out of place ADR "That's Jaime Lannister, the queen's twin brother" in Winterfell. I did read the original pilot script but I don't remember how in your face the two of them being siblings really was.

Did they actually fail though? In the commentary of the pilot I thought they said the indication Jaime and Cersei were brother and sister just wasn't in your face enough to the people they showed it to. So the pilot we got had the scene in the sept added and Arya's really out of place ADR "That's Jaime Lannister, the queen's twin brother" in Winterfell. I did read the original pilot script but I don't remember how in your face the two of them being siblings really was.

That's what I mean. It took the pilot getting produced and screened before the plot blunder was discovered. How many other plot blunders have slipped through?

That's what I mean. It took the pilot getting produced and screened before the plot blunder was discovered. How many other plot blunders have slipped through?

I guess it is a failure in itself, but I recalled them saying it was mentioned. The first and second season did make the audience work a bit harder to follow everything.

I imagine there's a reason they opted not to include it.

If they decide to show the Tower of Joy after all they'd probably have to re-shoot it; can't use rejected season 1 footage if it even exists.

Archived