So I think we might have an unexpected death.... (book spoilers)

I bet there are show watchers out there who still can't figure out how Cersei conveniently gave birth to a teenage boy shortly before Joffrey died. Such a stupid decision to recast him in my opinion. And for what... just so they can show him in bed with Margaery and make a few jokes about it?

The Tommen grift. but that nonsense happens on TV all the time. GRRM taking a beating for abuse of children......but much more clever jest with this one. Margery controls 9 yr old tommen with Pussy (cats). D+D think Metaphor is over viewers heads so Tommen is matured and Margery uses the real thing

His family has been cast - and Euron (which is important because in the books Sam seems like he'll be present during the attack on Oldtown). It is curious that Sam has yet to be sent off to Oldtown though. I have this sneaking suspicion that there was a decision, very late in development to expand the number of seasons, so now things that where going to be cut out aren't any more. So either at the end of this season, or the start of the next we may see very rushed plot hooks for these new plot lines.

It makes the most sense to send a character across the sea between seasons.

Scenes on a boat can only be so interesting, and if they break for almost a year, it is just assumed that he arrived. If he had been sent in say S5E4 or 5, he would be gone for the rest of the season, (maybe shows up in E10 arriving).

Scenes on a boat can only be so interesting, and if they break for almost a year, it is just assumed that he arrived. If he had been sent in say S5E4 or 5, he would be gone for the rest of the season, (maybe shows up in E10 arriving).

I agree, it will be like Tyrion at the end of last season. Jon finds out that he was attacked and will tell him that he is going to Oldtown to train. next season he's at oldtown

If there's going to be a shock death besides the obvious, I think Jaime, Bronn, Jorah, Stannis, Tyrion, Brienne and Daenerys are all more likely than Sam.

Jaime & Bronn definitely possible.

Jorah has already shown he cares little for life, so wouldnt be much of a shock. However his death would make no sense (greyscale) unless he has infected Dany.

Stannis / Brienne possible, wouldnt be much of a shock. Either could go.

No way Tyrion or Dany get killed. Too many seasons left (but it would certainly break the internet)

Sam getting killed does seem a possibility, but i think it is far more likely he gets sent off to oldtown and arrives in E1 next year.

Could Davos potentially travel with Sam & Gilly to Oldtown?

He is a captain and I am pretty sure he will have absolutely no loyalty to Stannis when he finds out about Shireen.

I wouldnt be surprised if he takes the Black.

While I agree that Sam is probably safe from a premature ending, I wouldn't say the casting of his family is proof. Randyll has a big part to play next season in King's Landing.

True, but the casting call said he would be central to the arc of a major character. The only character to whom I would say Randyll is central (not just somewhat important) is Sam.

I can't see there being another major character death in the same episode as FTW. Jon is a fan favourite so I don't think D&D would want to overshadow his 'moment' and add more salt to the wound by killing off another noteworthy character. I think perhaps, Bronn, Myrcella or even Ramsay may be killed but Jaime seems unlikely.

Perhaps, Ramsay may be killed because it would provide the audience with a 'hell yeah' death and then BOOM, you lost the evil Bastard but the good hearted Bastard (Jon) is dead too. There are no happy endings, no one is safe blah blah...

I agree. It may be that Sam is sent off in S5 E10. But it's going to be a packed finale. If Sam isn't sent off to Oldtown by this episode, I'm pretty sure it'll be because they hastily decided to insert some previously cut plot lines in S6.

Margaery only gets out of jail because Tarly swears a holy oath to return her for trial

you can replace sam's dad with her father and done. really no need to bring him in season six if not for sam+father interaction. you know that sam is going to claim gilly's son as his bastard.

I agree. It may be that Sam is sent off in S5 E10. But it's going to be a packed finale. If Sam isn't sent off to Oldtown by this episode, I'm pretty sure it'll be because they hastily decided to insert some previously cut plot lines in S6.

Sam is also the most emotionaly invested character in Jon so him being witness to FTW would add to the drama. However, sending Sam away wouldn't take too long.

Sam is also the most emotionaly invested character in Jon so him being witness to FTW would add to the drama. However, sending Sam away wouldn't take too long.

It would add to the drama sure, but who sends him off to Oldtown post-stabbing. I highly doubt things will be calm enough at The Wall for them to send Sam off to be the new Maester.

I feel like her finding out about jamie being her father would be better in the show then hurting her.

yes, but it could be very short scene: Myrcella knowing this, who her father is might die soon after. it could be a twist quite in a style of this series; political consequences would push a whole plot

Archived