So I think we might have an unexpected death.... (book spoilers)

Sam. He's not gone to Oldtown yet, and so far the show has been extremely unsubtle in bringing up places before people end up travelling there. Think about Arya last season - Braavos was talked about in pretty much every episode just to let the unsullied know what is happening. We have had maybe one mention of Oldtown all season, and no real focus on the importance of maesters. I think we would have had more if Sam was to be sent there next episode.

In addition, the preview shows him with Jon asking him what he should do whilst next to a table with parchment on - I'd be willing to bet that this is in response to a show version of the Pink letter. All this leads me to believe that Sam will be at the Wall when FTW happens. If this is the case, there won't be anyone to send him off to be a maester.

If he isn't going to be a maester, the writers have two options for Sam. They can either write a new storyline for him, or they can kill him. They already are struggling with too many characters as it is, and they haven't even added in the Greyjoys yet (and have completely cut fAegon and Lady Stoneheart). It would make sense from HBO's point of view therefore if he dies in the upcoming mutiny. I mean, it adds extra shock value (which would help "break the internet") and would correspond to GRRM's statement about some people's fates in this season differing from the books.

What do people reckon?

His family has been cast - and Euron (which is important because in the books Sam seems like he'll be present during the attack on Oldtown). It is curious that Sam has yet to be sent off to Oldtown though. I have this sneaking suspicion that there was a decision, very late in development to expand the number of seasons, so now things that where going to be cut out aren't any more. So either at the end of this season, or the start of the next we may see very rushed plot hooks for these new plot lines.

I thought it was a good idea to keep him at the wall this season. Aemon dying at the wall was better than on his death sentence journey to Oldtown. There were already quite a lot of characters coincidentally crossing paths, so we really didn't need Sam in Braavos this season. And I like Jon and Sam's interactions on TV more than his journey to Oldtown.

He can leave in the final episode, now Jon finds out Aemon is dead and they need a new maester.

Oldtown will be a completely new set, it's good to keep this for next season.

Sam is definitely going south to the Reach. The fact that he is still at the Wall is not a problem - he will just borrow Littlefinger's teleportation device early next season and appear somewhere in Hornhill/Oldtown instantaneously. Probably he will be sent south by Jon before FTW.

Who would care if Tommen is killed? He is a whiny teen on the show, in love with his new sex life. If they kill him, I cannot say I would care. If Kevan and Pycelle are killed, I am fine with that too because I expect it. I tend to agree that there will be a surprise death but it just isn't clear to me who it would be. I doubt it will be a main character so I am going with either Bronn or Pod.

It's a shame we know the actors/actresses that negotiated contract extension for season 6, because with Stoneheart being left out of the show, I feel like Jaime could more easily be killed off.

Bronn was alone with the Sand snakes for some time in recent episodes, and you know sellswords have shit for honor. Jaime is offering a lordship and all that comes with that, but who knows what that crazy hot sandsnake could have offered Bronn, her marriage?

Editing this to say I think Bronn might try to kill Jaime, but ultimately Jaime or the guy with the awesome shiny sword/axe will save Jaime and kill Bronn.

Ellaria will be found the be mastermind with sandsnakes and heads will roll :eek:

The show has mentioned Oldtown once this season already, I'm pretty sure. I have read elsewhere, however, that Sam might be given a new assignment (or an additional one). Some have speculated that Jon will send Sam to Dragonstone to pick up some more dragonglass.

While we can never rule out the danger to someone, I think there are just so many important potential functions for Sam in the coming books/seasons that he can't yet be killed.

Who would care if Tommen is killed? He is a whiny teen on the show, in love with his new sex life. If they kill him, I cannot say I would care. If Kevan and Pycelle are killed, I am fine with that too because I expect it. I tend to agree that there will be a surprise death but it just isn't clear to me who it would be. I doubt it will be a main character so I am going with either Bronn or Pod.

I bet there are show watchers out there who still can't figure out how Cersei conveniently gave birth to a teenage boy shortly before Joffrey died. Such a stupid decision to recast him in my opinion. And for what... just so they can show him in bed with Margaery and make a few jokes about it?

Archived